How reliable are mining locations?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
So I've started using LBML and have found one or two spots/servers from mininglog.com's 'Maps' section. Once I hit a ceratin ore a few times on the same place is it likely that a specific area within a server will fairly consistently return that particular ore over others?

As in are there specific patches of land that are consistently high in one ore/enm and you can repeatedly go there and you will likely hit that ore/enm?

Have any experienced miners found this is true and is dependable? I'm not asking to share locations but just need to know if I am wasting my time or being fooled by randomness?

There are servers.
Size 8192 meters * 8192 meters.
Within each server you can find only a certain list of ores.
This list is shown on mininglog site maps section.
However you will have a chance to find it only if your finder can dig deeper than the minimal depth of a desired ore.
The minimum depth for each ore is on mininglog main page.
However within each server the distribution is not equal. You may find 30 claims of ore1 and 0 claims of ore2 in some location and 0 claims of ore1 and 30 claims of ore2 in other location.
The knowledge of where exactly is the ore you need is very important.
This is why people tend to gather extensive statistics using lbml.

Thanks stc44 thats what I was thinking, so within a server there are specific locations that hold the highest yields of certain ores/enms. Do you find that its consistent all year round?

Certain areas within most servers tend to have different resource compositions. Other servers are fairly uniform server-wide, but can vary over time as to what resource mix is available.

So to answer your question, they are reliable in the long-term, but you don’t know what you’re going to get in a single run. Sometimes it could be timing, sometimes it’s just a completely random streak you have no control over. The simplest way around that is to hedge by figuring out what’s there on an “average” run after multiple runs and see if the math checks out on MU. In the maps I make using my LBML claim data, I mostly target areas that will give me 110%+ of my TT on average.

Back