how skill implant works

zabawaus

Mature
Malicia Malicia Briza
I have 3 empty skill implants.
but thats all . i dont know what to do next. I am good at shortblades level 2500 something. How am i install this skill to implant.
Does it worth or do i lose all my skills if i install it.
See here was my another silly question.

the top menue has a search function and thers some exelent replys for just this question to be found :) gl

If you do a search on this subject you will find your answer, but being the nice person I am, I am going to answer it for you anyway lol.

The ESI (Empty Skill Implant) is for removing your skills so they can be sold. Once you put your skills in the chip they no longer reside in your avatar. The chip can be put in auction once the skills are extracted. You will lose about 10% in the transfer (so don't go pulling them out and putting them back just to see how they work).

Inserting it into your head does not help you it only allows you to remove your skills so they can be sold.

Now if you buy a skill implant and put it into your head you gain the skills from the chip and the chip is destroyed upon insertion.

Hope this helps, feel fre to PM me is you have any further questions.

BTW you can sell each of those for about 85 PED or so buyout in auction and they will sell almost immediately. You could probably get a little more if you were willing to wait but no guarantees as MA seems to be dropping them A LOT more now.

Reactions: dee
so then what happens if say i have a level 15 longblades skill and i buy one that has 1000

then i level up another 200 levels in it

then i take it out...

what happens?

Tlink,
Kaiser said:
Now if you buy a skill implant and put it into your head you gain the skills from the chip and the chip is destroyed upon insertion.

in order to take it out you'd need another ESI, and you would, according to what you stated, have about 1215 available to remove. Keep in mind, peauction prices for esi's are for full ESIs, which take about 2000 of a skill to fill. So if you ever chip out, best thing is to see how much of the chip you would actually fill up, cuz if its not much (i.e. 200 skill) , then you just wasted an esi since the value of the skills are lower than the cost of an esi itself.

so then im gathering that they are stackable

but what is the skill cap and can you reach the cap with all skills or is there an over all cap?

its not that they are stackable, when u implant a skill chip, it disappears, and the skill amount is added to your stats. i think 10k is the limit on professions, to get maxed out, but i think you can also go over it if you really wanted. Also it would take a semi truck and possibly a cargo plane full of ESi's to manage that, for 1 skill.

according to entropiatools.com it would take 98 chips, pulling out 10k worth of a skill, plus you have to factor in the 10% loss applying a skill to an implant.

if u have 2500 u will lose aprox. 16XX Shortblade skills for a full chip

i think i may have said something backwards
or i just dident understand

if i have 200 rifle skill and i buy a chip with 1800

i get
a) 2000
or
b)1820

then i buy and install 2 more of the same chips is there a decay or is there still a set number of skills in each one

so that i would have

a) 5600/5060 at a 10% loss

b) something based on higher loss

will i get the same points worth of skills if i am at 1 that i will if i am at 5000?

If you buy an ESI w/skills pre-loaded at say 2000, when you implant you will loose 10% or 200 skills. You will be inserting 1800 skills to your avatar. :wise:

silly question...but..

How do you know what skill level is on the chip you intend to buy?

This has been niggling me for ages.!

there are tools there that calculate, but remeber 0.99 eauls somewhere around 1800ish, and 0.50 prob around 1300ish if im correct its not linear :p

how does using the chips work? are disciples allowed to use them while still a disciple? or do they have to wait (i.e. want to use tailoring chip but a disciple, need to skill up to graduating status before use?)

Back