Hunting loot ?

mihaimnb

Dominant
Society
CRT
Ionut SpeakingClouds Mihai
I have like 400 ped hunting loot and can't sell it anywhere.Anybody even buys hunting loot nowdays?

Last edited:
This is a bit general as like 80% of loot in game is hunting loot. you might try listing what you actually have and how much you want for it. Look in AH.

This isn't the place to post this.

The best thing to do, if your bank roll allows, is to stack up like 500 PED tt of oils and list them on the auction house. Other types of loot with little monthly turnover, say less than 300-500 tt a month purchased, and with 110% or less, is probably better tt'd. Shrap converted, and hang onto the nice MU% stuff and sell slowly.

Did you loot 7 weapons or amps or armor pieces with 105% and up? Sell them one at a time, slowly. Never dump it all at once unless you're desperate.

This is a game where squeezing 5 PEDs out of your 3 hour hunt matters over time, and only matters more and more as your turnover increases. Over the course of years this becomes thousands of dollars saved.

Stack and store in your storage until its a big enough stack to sell on AH.

Can't afford to do that? Hit up Twin Peaks and sell to a trader. They aren't buying? Try #trade. No one's buying? Maybe the tt is best for certain stuff.

Always check the auction house buy orders and mark up trends before tting. Analyze volume turnover and MU% avgs, make your best decision after exhausting other methods.

In the end, feeding a tt can be written off as a charitable contribution on your yearly taxes.

GL mate.

Thanks MsPudding for the effort I will try to do as you say.Why it is actually sadness me it is that I hunt for very long periods of time daily and I am sure it will gather a whole bunch of losses over the time if I TT even the 2-3%

Thanks MsPudding for the effort I will try to do as you say.
No problem. In loot 2.0, chasing MU% is more important than ever before, if you're after long term tt self-sustainability.

If you can grind our tier components, go for it. There's good MU% there right now. Hunt at your level, and most importantly, don't forget to have fun. Its a big sandbox, and there's many paths to enjoying the game, find what works for you, find what makes you happy.

This isn't the place to post this.

This is exactly the place to post this.

Forums / Planet Calypso Economy /Trading / Selling

Forums / Planet Calypso Economy / General Economy Discussion - edited due to Ludwig moving thread , I stand corrected.

Last edited:

How is that? What exactly is he selling?

Again, this is NOT the place to post this. This belongs in economy. Nothing is being sold here.

While it is not a popular option for veterans of the game, and I will most likely catch some flack for even mentioning it, there are a handful of resellers that will pretty much buy any loot, although at a much lower mark-up than what you could achieve yourself through your own connections and auction listings. But connections do take time to make, and the auction can be quite costly for new players that are still figuring out how the economy and the Auction house mechanics work. So selling to one of these players may be a better option in the short term until you learn more. They will also buy any size stack so it is helpful to newbies that don't have large PED cycles. Stack sizes matter at auction.

You can find these resellers advertise on #calytrade, typically you wont go long without finding one of their posts. Most of them sit at Twin peaks near to the teleporter.

Good luck.

While it is not a popular option for veterans of the game, and I will most likely catch some flack for even mentioning it, there are a handful of resellers that will pretty much buy any loot, although at a much lower mark-up than what you could achieve yourself through your own connections and auction listings. But connections do take time to make, and the auction can be quite costly for new players that are still figuring out how the economy and the Auction house mechanics work. So selling to one of these players may be a better option in the short term until you learn more. They will also buy any size stack so it is helpful to newbies that don't have large PED cycles. Stack sizes matter at auction.

You can find these resellers advertise on #calytrade, typically you wont go long without finding one of their posts. Most of them sit at Twin peaks near to the teleporter.

Good luck.
Great suggestion. Every player has their place in EU. Resellers get a bad rap, but it's unnecessary. They play their role in the economy like everyone else. Nothing wrong with people wanting to stand around and buy stuff, at least in my book. They offer a service and it is 100% optional. If you don't like "resellers" you don't have to trade with them, but they definitely server a purpose.

If your bankroll is too small to stack stuff in your storage, resellers are a godsend. I'd much rather sell for a smaller MU% than sell to the tt.

Great suggestion...

This is the worst advice that can be given.

I'm not judging the person who gives it, but the MA who put its heads in their asses and expects people to deposit large sums given that there is no working economy.

Too many "family members" are abusing the 1-account rule.
This puts pressure on the whole economy by P2P trading.
The consequence is sales in the forum...
The manipulation in AH is a consequence of the avoidance of Sales / Orders in AH by the majority...
And let's not forget that this is an auction and not a trade house.
The neglect by MA of the Economic part, which has the highest priority in the game, are the reasons above.
P2P is not an economy, and should not be encouraged.

Infrastructure... easily accessible shops... P2P doesn't have to be what it is.
We need a working trading environment, not AH and P2P trade.

PPRPS...
Don't take this as a personal attack. I like the game, but I don't like the situation it is in.
The topic is for 400 ped, not 40k or 400k.

This is the worst advice that can be given.

I'm not judging the person who gives it, but the MA who put its heads in their asses and expects people to deposit large sums given that there is no working economy.

Too many "family members" are abusing the 1-account rule.
This puts pressure on the whole economy by P2P trading.
The consequence is sales in the forum...
The manipulation in AH is a consequence of the avoidance of Sales / Orders in AH by the majority...
And let's not forget that this is an auction and not a trade house.
The neglect by MA of the Economic part, which has the highest priority in the game, are the reasons above.
P2P is not an economy, and should not be encouraged.

Infrastructure... easily accessible shops... P2P doesn't have to be what it is.
We need a working trading environment, not AH and P2P trade.

PPRPS...
Don't take this as a personal attack. I like the game, but I don't like the situation it is in.
The topic is for 400 ped, not 40k or 400k.

OP asked for options for selling his hunting loot. He said he was having trouble finding buyers. Not sure why my advice was so terrible... but ok.

OP asked for options for selling his hunting loot. He said he was having trouble finding buyers. Not sure why my advice was so terrible... but ok.

The second sentence is the answer to your question.

P2P is an abuse and should not be confused with "economy".
There are more ads for sale in the forum than in AH in the game.
This is the main prerequisite for market manipulation at the moment.

Do P2Ps use MU%, which is based on AH sales?
Where do we play in the forum or in the game?
What does my investment depend on... Re-saler's mood?

Getting used to this type of trading is not normal for the range of the game we can have. Many of the problems in the game arise precisely because of this part... there is no normal economy.

You give your opinion, so do I. Like I said, this is not a personal attack... but ok.

It is surely unpleasant to think you need to sell the low % items to TT since they add up to several thousands of peds over an year from my calculation and timeplay a day.Kaiser sorry if I posted in wrong section through not sure if I should say this since I do sell stuff and that is pretty real.People don't be angry or fight over it.Peace and love.

It is surely unpleasant to think you need to sell the low % items to TT since they add up to several thousands of peds over an year from my calculation and timeplay a day.Kaiser sorry if I posted in wrong section through not sure if I should say this since I do sell stuff and that is pretty real.People don't be angry or fight over it.Peace and love.

There are two critical topics I am trying to take part in.

One is hunting where people repeat the same wrong things. The other is trade, from which, as I said, all important problems arise.

If you sell to a re-seller, it means that he will buy it below the normal%. If we don't think about it, today an item has a 10% markup. Using a re-seller, this mark-up after 1 month will be 5%. The trend repeats until the mark-up falls too low to be appetizing for this type of player. Then there is a normal balancing for a while... and things repeat themselves.

You can't predict this calculation for the year ahead. It does not depend on supply and demand, but on the player's greed and MA's ignorance to find a solution.

The best option for you is to find a final buyer, which is not easy for a new player due to the above factor.

Ignore the 1st rule for using the trade in the forum, as everyone here does, and make a list of your goods.
Every commodity is currently difficult to sell... use this factor.

Don't forget to check Orders in AH, sometimes miracle happens.

Resellers have their role in the economy, although i dislike certain resell activities.

The best option for you is to find a final buyer, which is not easy for a new player due to the above factor.

Here is where resellers can offer a service, the quantity from a single hunter can be too small for a crafter to be interesting. As a serious crafter you don't want be dependant of many different sellers and having to do multiple trades to get the desired amounts. This is where reseller can be usefull, they buy the small amounts from the hunters, and sell the big stacks to crafters.

Hunter happy, he can unload small amounts. Maybe a bit under MU, but better then TT (and no auction fee)
Crafter happy, he don't need to search the market and spend his time on trading
Reseller happy, he can ask a little fee

Resellers have their role in the economy, although i dislike certain resell activities.

Here is where resellers can offer a service, the quantity from a single hunter can be too small for a crafter to be interesting. As a serious crafter you don't want be dependant of many different sellers and having to do multiple trades to get the desired amounts. This is where reseller can be usefull, they buy the small amounts from the hunters, and sell the big stacks to crafters.

Hunter happy, he can unload small amounts. Maybe a bit under MU, but better then TT (and no auction fee)
Crafter happy, he don't need to search the market and spend his time on trading
Reseller happy, he can ask a little fee

The majority take advantage of the ignorance of the new ones, so I do not accept such opinions.

In order for someone to expect my investment in the game of time and money, they should make me happy by a normal choice, not by the current mood of greedy players who stand AFK, because they have a family member on every planet using Monria MS once a week.

The re-salers fuck up the game economy to high levels, therefore every re-saler is ignored by my personal choice.

The result of nonsense is not my personal judgment, but the result in the game.

There are currently Private Servers of various games in which there are more people than in the official EU. In the forum at peak hours you will never see more than 1k, where mostly is used the trade selection. This is indicative of a "working system".

The majority take advantage of the ignorance of the new ones, so I do not accept such opinions.

Maybe it's due to a bad choice of wording, but what do you mean by this? I think we agree that we both dislike some reselling activities that take place in EU, but it is a fact that resellers can add value for newcomers and small hunters by offering their service buying hunting loot especially when the quantities are too low to sell on itself and would otherwise end up being tt'd.

Resellers can't be good or bad, they are both. Are they as bad for the economy as you suggest ? No.

If they were - MA would have started closing some loops since it may affect their bottom line. Since they have not done so, you can imagine that it's more likely that resellers are making the game more affordable, driving prices down on stackables and creating enough supply on the one hand. On the other, making profit on UL items which can drive up more money coming into the entropian economy.

TT'ing items on the other hand, actually drives the economy down and creates more demand than what could have been.

PS. not a reseller or a trader myself

The topic is open due to a problem of 400 ped, wake up!

Let's see the composition of this prey and determine what will be its real profit... how many of them would you take as a reseller and how many will remain for the person who risked his own money for this loot.

My words are well chosen. P2P should be removed. EU need better trade environment, without re-tardes..

The topic is open due to a problem of 400 ped, wake up!

Let's see the composition of this prey and determine what will be its real profit... how many of them would you take as a reseller and how many will remain for the person who risked his own money for this loot.

My words are well chosen. P2P should be removed. EU need better trade environment, without re-tardes..

Deemer what are you saying? Are you suggesting we remove all player to player trading?
What is your alternative?

Also I think the original poster was just asking for somebody to buy his generic hunting loot. Not start some debate about the role resellers play in the game environment. How did we get here? :D

There are many alternatives to a working trading system, but the game is not mine to do. You take everything for granted, but it can always be better. We and MA loses much more of that the game being empty of activity. Why do you think they were two consecutive mayhems.

Re-sellers are not an economic solution and I see no reason for anyone to give them as a solution.

The answer to the topic was given in the 1st post.

Resellers not a "solution" are a just a natural side effect to a prosperous free economy. I am a commodity trader in real life, this is literally my job and nobody hates me for it. If a gap appears in the market between a buyer and a seller you can bet your arse that somebody will fill it.
For Everything you purchase most likely changed hands half a dozen times on its way to end up in your shopping basket. and every time a margin has been tacked on to it. Is this also a problem for you?

This game emulates real life pretty well. In real life you also have unscrupulous individuals trying to monopolise the market, and we have anti monopoly laws to combat them. This game is no different. Now whether the game polices this as much as they should is another topic.

If you don't want to deal with resellers there's a magical blue box that will take all your items at 100% value.
Is that not a good enough alternative? Id say we are pretty spoilt as we don't have one of those in real life. I surely would like one.
Shall we have a different magical NPC that buys all loot at maximum Mark-up? Who's going to pay for that?

Please what is your solution? I think the market regulates its self pretty well, even with the few manipulation tactics.

All good, I tend to be blunt due to some cognitive behavioral issues I have. Nothing personal :)

I have moved this thread to "General Economy Discussion" instead, as it is not a direct sales thread, but rather a discussion on the viability of selling a certain item (or group of items). OP, if you wish to create a sales thread on this, please include which items are for sale in the post and make it clear that it is a sales thread.

As for the rest of the discussion; I have removed some posts that were veering into 2.2, 2.8 and 3.2 territory. Please consider the rules and try to keep the discussion polite and on topic.

I would like to thanks all the resellers at Twins, some times they are all the options we have!

Thank you!

@ Deemer You say it's wrong but you don't offer any other alternative or advice...

Yes people have limited pedcards, yes resellers are useful to the economy.

Like someone said, if you don't like them, don't sell to them.

And if you jealous of them become like them, easy.

Saying that MindArk should remove PvP trade from game is probably the most stupid idea I heard recently.

Have a great weekend everyone!

From whom do you buy in RL and how is the product sold.

Infrastructure that develops business and construction is usually developed.

The biggest nonsense is to hear that someone prefers to exchange chickens for ducks, when there are empty shops in the game for 2-5k, because no one knows where they are, let alone what is in them. And it's even weirder for me to hear it from older people who have an idea of what infrastructure is, in RL.

PPRPRS.
Forum trading and Twins traders are the best, I agree with your opinion.

Give me a list of names to ignore them all, Thanks alot.

I have moved this thread to "General Economy Discussion" instead, as it is not a direct sales thread, but rather a discussion on the viability of selling a certain item (or group of items). OP, if you wish to create a sales thread on this, please include which items are for sale in the post and make it clear that it is a sales thread.

As for the rest of the discussion; I have removed some posts that were veering into 2.2, 2.8 and 3.2 territory. Please consider the rules and try to keep the discussion polite and on topic.

I rest my case.

Forums / Planet Calypso Economy / General Economy Discussion - edited due to Ludwig moving thread , I stand corrected.

Um, as the mods just showed, this was NOT the right place for this. They ended up putting it exactly where I said it belonged :p lol

When you have a stick in your backside and it bothers you so badly

Back