Question: HW Boxes 2017

Mac Farmer

Old Alpha
So event finish and people start opening boxes .
Refresh rate on amps in boxes is way to high and not much box openers .

And now we see same people open same amount boxes as before but loot enormous ammount of amps . And this is because maybe not so much people open them .

MindArk take a note from this HW boxes now and don't repeat it . Items should be given in X ammount open boxes whit some % to win .

My french is not so great but i hope some of you understand what i talk about .

Boxes > Refresh amp rate .

Nothing personal to this folks just some examples :

Mayhem L-Amplifier Beta (L) Enpeba kike xp Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:51:34
Mayhem B-Amplifier Gamma (L) Enpeba kike xp Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:48:10
Aeglic Ring Adjusted Enpeba kike xp Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:43:30
Mayhem B-Amplifier Alpha (L) Enpeba kike xp Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:39:52
Mayhem M-Matrix Beta (L) Enpeba kike xp Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:33:24

Mayhem M-Matrix Alpha (L) Aleaha Imposter Dallas Tue, 07 Nov 2017 03:26:19
Mayhem M-Matrix Beta (L) Aleaha Imposter Dallas Tue, 07 Nov 2017 03:25:52
Mayhem B-Amplifier Gamma (L) Aleaha Imposter Dallas Tue, 07 Nov 2017 03:24:35
Mayhem L-Amplifier Gamma (L) Aleaha Imposter Dallas Tue, 07 Nov 2017 03:24:13

And many many more just check the sorin hit rate .

So MA next time you do this kind of event people will not open boxes until event is end . This will make items in boxes more expensive while event than after .

Plaese FIX :laugh:

Problem is the fucked up wave system, they just wouldnt change it

the whole get a box in loot and then buy a key system is a screwed up way of doing things...

At least when they were in the webshop it made more sense as a method of depositing. As it is now it just looks like a beg for more deposits.

I've been saying a long time that more things should be in webshop, but not this way...

Need taming gear, mining gear, armor plates along with ammo sets since you only want one set of harrier, etc.

If boxes are in loot, might as well make it interesting and difficult and put the keys in the loot too?

They sort of changed it to a microwave system. :laugh:

Since it's still predictable, it's useless. They could've let the system in place and only reduce the chance of dropping of rares so these items could drop anywhere from first minute to minute 78 (or whatever) since the wave that introduced it into the lootpool started.

I opens 200 boxes during Halloween and got more amps than I got opening 350 yesterday and Monday.

But I get what you are saying. I did have one wave of them yesterday morning, 3 in 4 boxes, but if you aren't lucky to be in that wave, it is bad, and it was bad for me for like an hour straight.

Also, it looks like only one gun delta was looted since HM ended...(4-5 sword ones). This to me shows that all amps in general have decreased, but you see a few people get a lot because not that many saved their boxes until now.

So based on what I have seen, there aren't MORE amps out there now. Just the people that saved boxes are getting them, so it looks like those people get more amps, but I don't think overall anything is absurdly unfair...just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
The 50 boxes i opened during Halloween had 1 50 ped amp. Still some left that I will probably open next month

As it is now it just looks like a beg for more deposits.
Umm, no it doesn't? It looks like MA attempting to make people actually play the game to get the boxes they open, rather than buying 10,000 of them and them immediately putting in a request for a $10,000 withdrawal. So no, it doesn't look like begging for more deposits. Maybe an attempt to get something from us instead of the nothing they were getting in many cases before. Frankly, as a business, I'm not sure how you can fault them for that.

Umm, no it doesn't? It looks like MA attempting to make people actually play the game to get the boxes they open, rather than buying 10,000 of them and them immediately putting in a request for a $10,000 withdrawal. So no, it doesn't look like begging for more deposits. Maybe an attempt to get something from us instead of the nothing they were getting in many cases before. Frankly, as a business, I'm not sure how you can fault them for that.

Word!!

They give something to the people that actually hunts, not a bad thought compared to just having boxes in the webshop so the best stuff goes to people that dont even play.

Simple

Word!!

They give something to the people that actually hunts, not a bad thought compared to just having boxes in the webshop so the best stuff goes to people that dont even play.

Simple
Also a good point. That being said, the boxes are currently tradeable of course, so those who don't hunt can still get them. Who knows, maybe that will be changed in the future. But either way, it is harder to obtain them in such massive numbers, and I'm sure there is already a lot more peds staying in game, which is good for everyone!

Also a good point. That being said, the boxes are currently tradeable of course, so those who don't hunt can still get them. Who knows, maybe that will be changed in the future. But either way, it is harder to obtain them in such massive numbers, and I'm sure there is already a lot more peds staying in game, which is good for everyone!

Either way they're giving the actual hunters something...either MU or chance at items from the boxes

I too agree is nice to have something whit mu . Just the after event distribution is not very fair but oh well :laugh:
What Tacotuesday describe pretty much :wise:

Yup. Can't believe they still haven't fixed that.

Probably creates a gambling problem... or it prevents them for injecting and removing items from the pool at will. The addition and immediate cessation of mining boxes on mermoth is proof of their ability to do that.

My guess is they injected the dagger right before leaving the office on Halloween, ensuring it was looted during the event.

All tinfoil hat theory of course, but the whole mining boxes thing has me irked. I don't like how items can be added and removed from loot in real time.. opens up the doors to abuse and "chosen" avatar theories I already don't like.

opens up the doors to abuse and "chosen" avatar theories I already don't like.

What? No, MA would never do that. They would certainly never meet with uber avas at a coffee shop local to MA headquarters to discuss who knows what with certain avas. No, never. Perish the thought.

What? No, MA would never do that. They would certainly never meet with uber avas at a coffee shop local to MA headquarters to discuss who knows what with certain avas. No, never. Perish the thought.

Covfefe shops.

Probably creates a gambling problem... or it prevents them for injecting and removing items from the pool at will. The addition and immediate cessation of mining boxes on mermoth is proof of their ability to do that.

My guess is they injected the dagger right before leaving the office on Halloween, ensuring it was looted during the event.

All tinfoil hat theory of course, but the whole mining boxes thing has me irked. I don't like how items can be added and removed from loot in real time.. opens up the doors to abuse and "chosen" avatar theories I already don't like.

It's statistically definite that MA can and do, such things. Think of the mob turnover, and then derive the statistical likeliness of the dagger being dropped by random chance.

But surely we all knew this. I knew this in 2003...

To elaborate further, Nostrop looted the imk3 within 5 minutes of a VU going live, in the new pvp area, on the new mob (hogglo), before tp chips and vehicles existed, and 5 minutes earlier noone knew where pvp3 was.

The same Nostrop who was "banned" a few years later...

Last edited:
Actually, I have a lots of things to write... but I give up.
I have many doubts on the original boxes especially you need to be very lucky.

Now, with these Halloween loot boxes, luck is almost non-existence.
All about $ you spent.

Covfefe shops.
donald-trump.jpg

Yup! Before EU I wondered about raffle tickets/scratchcards and whether the organisers needed to keep a jackpot win secret for a time because it would affect sales of the rest of the 'batch' if the jackpot was known to be gone.

EU not only has that (and the news will spread much faster), but also the flipping jackpot isn't even in the boxes to begin with in my opinion, but added by hand (or timer) purposefully. If true, this would mean they even KNOW you have zero percent chance of winning it, instead of an extremely low chance, which in gambling still makes a very large difference - also in terms of the word fraud.

Mud has a tendency to spread - I get the impression EU is becoming increasingly muddy!

Yup! Before EU I wondered about raffle tickets/scratchcards and whether the organisers needed to keep a jackpot win secret for a time because it would affect sales of the rest of the 'batch' if the jackpot was known to be gone.

EU not only has that (and the news will spread much faster), but also the flipping jackpot isn't even in the boxes to begin with in my opinion, but added by hand (or timer) purposefully. If true, this would mean they even KNOW you have zero percent chance of winning it, instead of an extremely low chance, which in gambling still makes a very large difference - also in terms of the word fraud.

Mud has a tendency to spread - I get the impression EU is becoming increasingly muddy!

In the UK at least, it's required for scratch cards to have fixed odds (shown on the back of the card) and to also make the information available of how many of each prize are still available (of the top prizes at least). If you buy an online scratch card it will show this directly with the odds on the website, if you buy a RL one, you can ring the number up on the card and ask.

This is the same for all online or RL slot games, lotteries, raffles etc.

^I didn't know there was also a requirement for updating the remaining availability information.
If I remember the discussions about EU not being gambling, it was because of skill and knowledge arguments, I believe - and separating the tt and mu components to make winning an issue of pvp as it were.
Is this still the flimsy argument that boxes are relying on - that lucky boxes have mu in them - not higher tt?
How long can that last?

Back