I am sooo sick of pirates!

Of course there can be bugs, noone of us can avoid them to 100%, however in cases where really something happens that is not according to how the system should work mindark would handle the respective support case accordingly and refund any loss that im sure. However regardsless of all the bugs we had to deal with - and there were many of them - we still managed to keep 100% safety.
And however you want to look at it, if you really want to look at the most nasty bugs - then even logging out doesnt make you safe - there is bugs of avatars getting split in two and there is bugs of avatars staying online while their player logged out - even bugs were online status isnt shown correct or you get relocated between your split up avatars - combine those four (yes that can happen) and you have a situation were you arent even safe even when someone is standing next to you and confirms that you logged out - but this would be a severe and extremely rare combination of bugs and then something still needed to happen. But surely a case that mindark would handle with refund.
So while this possibilty makes your logged out transport also below 100% it is a clear bug and extremely rare.
However we could of course start debating if its more likely to get lootet in such a situation when on a ship that gets blown up several times or if its more likely to get lootet on a ship that doesnt blow up ;)

On the other hand i sometimes would really like to see other service providers stating their safety rate on actual passenger transports, cause i know of people who traveled on logged out transport service providers and didnt logg out in time and got lootet - one should never forget that human error can make a situation critical and dangerous even more in lootable pvp areas and alot more if being new to space or pvp or in general and human error is more likely then the occurance of a rare bug. You aquire greatest safety when calculating with all possibilties and have the experience to know them.

wondering what its about now.

is the fact needed to approve that its not 100% safe?
that should be statistically right.

but as all things in real life nothing is safe at 100% you get as close to that with using your own experience, equiptment and skills.

from the perspective of chance being looted at the atmosphere I would consider it as completely safe because what chances are there for a quadwing to get that close to a person exiting the MS and shooting him down when a mothership with its heavy turrets is right next to the passenger and maybe 1-2 quads of the MS crew around?

how many people have been looted at atmosphere exit in the last year counting all MS travels done inside?

i have been travelling with the normandie so far and had a crash to desktop when exiting the ship but nothing happened as there where quads around and the MS in my back. I had no worry getting the "you are already logged in" message. when i logged back in i was standing inside my quad and died because it seemed that i have been standing in space so i revived inside the MS then.

even if someone would have looted me Im sure that the person would get shot down by the MS crew before getting away and my loot would not be in pirate hands.

as long as there is no space equiptment which gives pirates a big advantage or a swarm of 30-50 pirates around the stations it's completely safe for me.

then the MS crews will deal with the new situation. there are still lots privateers docking around and i guess that some of them would be open for a coop to secure stations. also possibility for a MS quad fleet inside the ships still able to upgrade.

wondering what its about now.

1 it's about playtime lost that could be used to have fun
2 it's about being forced to go through another sort of game, where people take things from others and have fun doing it, while you as a player don't approve or even hate this kind of playstyle
3 it's about the clash of these different playstyles, that leads to anger, anger leads to hate and well...
4 it's about my aunt's spinache https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...is-Not-Theft&p=2972389&viewfull=1#post2972389

1 it's about playtime lost that could be used to have fun
2 it's about being forced to go through another sort of game, where people take things from others and have fun doing it, while you as a player don't approve or even hate this kind of playstyle
3 it's about the clash of these different playstyles, that leads to anger, anger leads to hate and well...
4 it's about my aunt's spinache https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...is-Not-Theft&p=2972389&viewfull=1#post2972389

ah that sounds like some are not comfortable.
there are alot different threads about these things at the moment but it's hard to estimate what the majority would prefer as its all scattered around.

maybe a poll should be done to query that.

i do one, second please.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...is-Not-Theft&p=2972389&viewfull=1#post2972389
Some people claim you could take a relatively safe mothership, a privateer, and even logoff during flight.
these people fail to see what the real problem is.
the real problem is the clash of two kinds of lifestyles that coexisted peacefully next to eachother. non-pvp/pvp players are being forced to deal with lootable pvp. Whichever method you use to get to another planet. It's about the theft of that non-pvp/pvp playing experience that always was the main atmosphere of entropia.

Spawn: a statement doesn't have to include every other possible piece of surrounding information too.

"Jetsina1 meant: to avoid pvp completely (and thus pirates)
Jetsina2 meant: possible to actually travel through pvp pretty safely in a 'solid and fortified' ship."

The above is from ^^ in this thread. We don't (all?) fail to see that it is about different pathways being offered or not offered, "kinds of lifestyles" as you call it. Mentioning possibilities along one pathway doesn't mean we aren't also arguing in favour of other pathways - I'm certainly arguing for non-pvp options to be available too, but with other restrictions if that is felt to be necessary.

Anyway, as I agree with you on your opinion, my bolding your quote and commenting on it is, well, just a friendly nudge I guess :)

I dont really see the problem, if u need/must go through space then make sure u dont have any loot or go by mothership. If u dont like the rules then dont go.

I dont do boring stuff in game cuz i dont want to, if i need to travel just turn on autopilot and relax.

We dont decide the content, MA does.
Im not accusing MA for stealing my money and never give me an ATH, I choose to let them steal my money.
Im not sure how long it takes to travel across the map, but 1-1½ hour isnt that bad.
As long ppl are carrying loot in space pirates will excist <-hint!

I don't mind the forced travel through pvp in principle, I just don't like their implementation of space. All travel is forced through "choke" points which imo is absurd (giving the pirates an unfair advantage). Space should be wide open - why when leaving a planet are you dumped next to the space station - you should exit into space wherever you come out from the planet. Traveling through space is also absurd with the ridiculous nonsense - "you can't enter deep space" - well if I can't go there why even put it on the map or at least give me some indication of where I can fly and where I can't. :scratch2:
I wonder in how much of space you can actually fly in - maybe 10%?
MA could really drive the rats nuts by implementing cloaking devices that would be deactivated by proximity forcing the rats to actually be rats in order to find you. :yay:

ah that sounds like some are not comfortable.
there are alot different threads about these things at the moment but it's hard to estimate what the majority would prefer as its all scattered around.

maybe a poll should be done to query that.

i do one, second please.
and... just like any poll on any one planet partner's forums it will be biased poll since a lot of players never visit the forums, and many don't visit the forums of any other planet than the one they inhabit the most.

I dont really see the problem, if u need/must go through space then make sure u dont have any loot or go by mothership. If u dont like the rules then dont go.

I dont do boring stuff in game cuz i dont want to, if i need to travel just turn on autopilot and relax.

We dont decide the content, MA does.
Im not accusing MA for stealing my money and never give me an ATH, I choose to let them steal my money.
Im not sure how long it takes to travel across the map, but 1-1½ hour isnt that bad.
As long ppl are carrying loot in space pirates will excist <-hint!
It's like Spawn said, it's not really about the 'safety' really too much since the motherships are indeed probably fairly safe... It's more about the time. Time = money. Yes, you can log off for the trip but then you have to coordinate with the pilot to make sure they are on the right planet when you log in, etc. Why should we have to go through all that shit when we used to be able to just walk up to a tp and be in the other planet in just a few seconds? 1-1.5 hours + however long it takes to find a mothership that is willing to take passengers and is on the right planet at the right time (which could be days?) is awful when it used to take less than a minute, especially since MA has essentially said in the dev notes that the lootpool does not remember personal history... meaning when the most participants are online (which could end up being that hour and a half or so in the ride through space) the loot pool on any given planet likely has the highest payout rate since more cash in = more cash out, like a slot machine... Why MA wants to keep non-ship owners from causing decay for an hour or more at a time in the ride between planets seems to make no sense business wise. Sure they could repair the ships, but not everyone wants to do that.

Last edited:
and... just like any poll on any one planet partner's forums it will be biased poll since a lot of players never visit the forums, and many don't visit the forums of any other planet than the one they inhabit the most.

hello,

i dont think so. The more time pass by the more people give their vote.

and its up to everyone to inform himself on the forums if theres a poll going on and to decide if take part.

just like in the real world the most problem is that the most people dont have an opinion and just let the others vote and speak and adapt after to whatever happens next or complain that all got worse since but never voted themself on their own will and opinion. the problem with taking own responsibility. self-determination or letting others decide and eat theirs.

But this would be another topic for an interesting talk.
"Are we getting too much foreign directed by Mindark the only government?"

If theres enough interest in such talk we can do that ofc.

but still a poll gives an insight of what majority with opinion thinks.

i find it more bad if 1 person calls out "we the players dont want XYZ" without telling who is "we" and how many they are.

Greets,

However regardsless of all the bugs we had to deal with - and there were many of them - we still managed to keep 100% safety.

I want proof of this safety... in triplicate... verified and signed by a Judge Advocate, two partridges and a pear tree. :smoke:

This INSTANT!!

I'm not sick of it...sometimes provide entertainment for us...

but ofc dont have loot in your inventory..

and enjoy they chasing you while evading their shoot and they making loss

:wtg::beerchug::bomb::computer::cowboy::dance::drink::eureka::hammer::handgun::grouphug::bandit::king::evilking::kos::rofl::poke::thumbup::tiphat::monkey::tux::rocket::whiner:

I want proof of this safety... in triplicate... verified and signed by a Judge Advocate, two partridges and a pear tree. :smoke:

This INSTANT!!

See thats the nice thing about forums, if you state something which is not the truth someone will step up and correct you - in the case of doubt its always unguilty until proven otherwise - you wont find a Normandie passenger who could say that he got lootet.
On the other hand i could list names of passengers on other services who got lootet if you really want to follow this line further :cool:

Its not rocket science.. :wise:

Log off on the ship

any one who follows this one simple instruction is perfectly safe...

Anyone who doesn't follow it, well you get the idea.

Pirates i understand can be frustrating, especially for Quad pilots which i would say suffer the most. There are things that you can be taught to make it less likely.

There is mentioned in another post the possibility of a Space Academy which would train pilots in not only combat maneuvers but also ways to avoid pirates. (not always possible I know, but there are tactics that can help)

Space Academy Thread

Now follows a test for any who might have trouble getting this...

Question: Whats the ONE SIMPLE RULE to follow on Warp Flights?

Answers on a post card please.

Question: Whats the ONE SIMPLE RULE to follow on Warp Flights?

Answers on a post card please.

A: Buy ammo from ship TT, get in a gunner seat, stand your ground and fight the pirate scum!!

and

A: If on a Mothership, everyone spawn their quads in numbers, leave the MS, and take down any attacking force...yeah proper hollywood stuff!!!

Rick.

Back