I miss Entropia!!!

Robin

Prowler
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Mayana maya Riechert
Nuff said....I can't even talk to my friends or Soc mates (missing chat interface)...All this fuss over changing stuff is for the birds!
I wish it was like it used to be long ago in 2006 when i started, before they got fancy.

Could go into your Documents folder then Entropia Universe and rename Chat to OldChat that file might be too big.

C:\Users\(Username)\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.txt

Just a shot in the dark.

If that doesn't work then in game press O then go to interface and click on Reset UI in the top right hand corner.

Have you tried uninstalling EU and then re-installing?
It seems the op had problems with chat even before this vu...

Uninstall and install the game again, is probably 30 min max. and that would be the first thing I would do, even before contact support!

I was missing my radar after first login. I use windowed mode and had to change to full screen 1080p for it to appear so I could move it into the visible area when in windowed mode... Perhaps your chat interface is sitting off screen as well?

Did you try reset UI ?

Did you try RuneScape?

Maybe this game isn’t for you anymore.

saw your other post where you have this probs for longer time....
it could be a lot of things causing it, bec also too less details are known....

but one thing i didnt see you tried....did you try it on another computer on another internet line in a different household?

.)if its different then the prob is @your pc and/or isp connection settings/blocking stuff etc (for example my antivirus prog blocked some eu files in past,so i couldnt screenshot ,also had to open some ports/change settings for smoother gameplay..but that were just my issues there)
and you need to inspect all in a closer look then to find the right direction of problem

.) if its still there on a diff computer in a diff household..then thats a whole diff case then

but it would be essential to find that out first,so you know on where the direction of the prob goes to

gl,
Eddie

You should just be able to add your own tabs to chat. Was it right click on main and add tab?
e.g.

- I have main with local and rookie enabled
- I have system with just system enabled (mob hits people logging in and out etc)
- I have one called The Gate for the channel by same name and soc chat

There are still issues but it's working a bit better. I cleared my cache. That seemed to help. I think my avatar is bugged but it seems to only be certain things having problems.

Hi this may or may not help with people having chat issues but 1 possibility that could be causing problems is that over time the chat log files may have become very large.

according to this site https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/open-a-file-too-big-for-notepad/

Notepad++ cannot support text files that are larger than 2GB, whereas Notepad, which is the older version, can only handle file sizes below 512MB.

you can find the chat log files in your documents folder > Entropia universe and called:

chat.log
private_chat.log

if you want to keep the info in these files you could copy them somewhere else or something or rename them . once uve moved or deleted them when you start up entropia and new chatlog files should be created

i was going to say try turning chat logging off 1st in the ingame options but i know alot of people want to keep this so various trackers can work but it might be worth trying to turn it off 1st to see if the chat window work correctly or not

as a suggestion i would for example at the end of a month rename and archive the chat logs somewhere else for safekeeping so as to keep the file size small and more manageable not only by the tame itself but other trackers perhaps mindark could have this done automatically?

also try to reduce the connection in the launcher to 56kb and number of connections 2 or 4
i personally noticed that i used to lose alot of udp data packets, lowering these values can help stabilize your connection a bit more
also if u can use a lan cable instead of wifi

i do have more a more complex way of fixing that udp data packet loss issue if nothing else seems to work and did pass this on to mind ark if its ok with them then il reveal what i did to fix my issue

hope this info helps :)

Last edited:
I always thought that uninstalling EU is like having no internet.

Back