I miss Wiki

Sadly MindArk somehow "owns", but also doesn't own the Wiki.
Other than all the other game providers, MA does not provide any own database about their product.
So the Wiki is 100% player made to fill this huge gap, and because it is so dearly needed.
MA does nothing, but providing some server capacity to run the stone aged system, when the old gamers stopped providing the needed server capacity.
The Wiki lacks active ppl, who fully understand what happens there.
The only administrator, who had an understanding of what happens on Wiki got hired and fired by MA, so he lost interest to continue filling MAs gaps.
Sadly I personally lack any understanding of what happens on Wiki, so i only can provide some MU% updates or item stats, when i find them.
What I want to know, is if we take these data dumps. Are we able to make a new wiki without losing all the information that has been collected over the years, and bring it into an up-to-date system? Something on-par with like Wowhead.

I have a question. Forgive me if this is stupid. But how hard would it be to take the data dump. And build a brand new wiki from scratch that is more up to date with this centuries technology?

It is possible but since the wiki was highly customized it would take a lot of work.
At least that is what I read from the previous owner before post above happened.

It would be nice if MA would maintain a wiki, but if they do the same job as their new website I'dd pass on that one.

Problem is that information is power in EU, and that also complicates matters.

It is possible but since the wiki was highly customized it would take a lot of work.
At least that is what I read from the previous owner before post above happened.

It would be nice if MA would maintain a wiki, but if they do the same job as their new website I'dd pass on that one.

Problem is that information is power in EU, and that also complicates matters.
Yeah. I am pretty sure there is a lot of information higher echelon players don't share with us lowbies.

if chat log dumps monster killed AND loot received we can have a wowhead-like system in 1 month
in game there are brilliant programmers (see hunting assistants)
the real matter is to connect received loot to the creature i am attacking.
just that would create precise loot tables, each player would contribute HIS percent of drop for each item
and the larger the contributing playerbase the more percent of drop would be precise

MA follow different rules... deception, secrecy, conspiration theories, disparity of informatiuoin advantage
if all teh people know what is best kill/loot ratio for Output amplifiers that would reduce MU extraction advantage for XXXXXXXX hunters
so it is part of MA not giving precise indications, to help researching people to keep their advantage.

I have a question. Forgive me if this is stupid. But how hard would it be to take the data dump. And build a brand new wiki from scratch that is more up to date with this centuries technology?
I started to do that, but the published date dumps are incomplete. There are at least 3 tables that I found which aren't included.

I was able to make working tables for armors and weapons, but loot and professions wasn't possible as the join tables weren't there.

I started to do that, but the published date dumps are incomplete. There are at least 3 tables that I found which aren't included.

I was able to make working tables for armors and weapons, but loot and professions wasn't possible as the join tables weren't there.
so they sabotaged anyone's ability to make a better system without starting from scratch on the most important info

getting loot tables (always upto date and not manually altered)
just require game API to pass the name of mosnter that drop the item
actually chat log just reportes WHAT is looted and not FROM WHICH creature
adding that can make any parter able to feed loot tables based on ACTUAL game loot.

Profession contribvution is decoded and manually it require 1 day to dupliucate.

Back