I need crafting advice but really good advice.

Level

Elite
Hi all, its my first post here, I know that I posted the same topic at Entropia Pioneers Forum, but I know that some ppl only look at this forum, nvm.

I would like to start crafting components, becouse I heard that is the cheapest crafting proffesion. I preapared 1.5k peds for it. And of corse I have question.

Can someone explain me it precisely how to start and what to do. (please be honest)

Thanks.

best advice is to not do it ..

unless you have a longterm plan by doing so then crafting components will bring you nothing.

crafting components is atleast for now only a "cheaper" way of boosting your crafting sideskills and the most important ones only raise when you do item group specific skilling

my advice is to hunt and mine untill your general skills are high and then choose a item group to craft , currently armor crafting dosnt bear much possibility of getting anything good and everyone and their dog is currently crafting weapons and tools dosnt have lvl6-10 yet and components are very expensive to skill so back to my first advice ...

besides that rant it can be quite exiting to craft high lvl weapons and armor parts but to get to that lvl u need alot of luck and/or loads of money

Hally is right : crafting is not the cheapest profession ! However...

Hally said:
crafting components is atleast for now only a "cheaper" way of boosting your crafting sideskills and the most important ones only raise when you do item group specific skilling
Not to mention component crafters can now get gemstones in their loot windows. That was what stopped me from crafting components in the past (the best HoF you could hope for was ~300 PED with extremely high level components)

Also, Metallurgy does help with your average detection depth on ore finders. If you already are a miner/driller, go for metal components crafting with your lowest % ore/enmatter if you are interested in crafting.

what makes u so sure that metallugy helps detect ores i heard it was just used to itentify unkown ores better so u wouldnt get unkown ore

It may not be the most proffitable of crafting, but if you wish to go components, go for it. It's all about having fun. As for what to do....Get some mining equipment and work on getting as much ore and energy matter as you can, these are the materials for your crafting. You will also need to look for the blueprints of what you want to craft, and the blueprint book they go in. You could find a miner to trade for the materials, but is sometimes easier to try for your own. Now as to the crafting..... Once you get the blueprint in book, you can view what is needed to craft the item. (double click book to open it, find your bp, right click it, go to stats, it list materials needed) Then collect the materials needed. Now it is time to find a crafting machine, they are in some of the major cities. (Port Atlantis has a few inside the deluxe trade center) Find the machine for what you are crafting, they have ones for each type of item, and I have found I get better results if I use the one for what I am making. Click on the machine (right click to access), it will open the manufacturing menu, and your inventory. Open the bp book like before and find the bp, left click to add it to the craft list. Then it will again list what materials it needs. Put in what materials it names, multiples can be used for multiple attempts. Then you can chose "quantity" or "condition", for components I recomend quantity. Once you have added all this and selected the options, click on the manufacture button and it will try to make the item. It useually takes several tries to get it to work, so expect at least a few failers, but this is how your skills will go up. That is the basics of crafting, and the same goes for all items crafted. Basicly... Get blueprint and book, find materials, goto machine, insert stuff and options, then crafts.

Good luck and I hope this helps. If you have any more questions give me a pm and I will help with what I can.

mooking1 said:
what makes u so sure that metallugy helps detect ores i heard it was just used to itentify unkown ores better so u wouldnt get unkown ore
My Surveying skill was at a moment much higher than my Prospecting, yet I had a far better average detection depth on ore finders (with the latest minipatches and after relogging, so no, it was not a glitch) ;)

Of course it could be another one, but then what else would be linked to ore detection and not to enmatter detection ? I have not unlocked a single hidden skill yet.

Also, Geology and Perception play an important role for both ore and enmatter.

Last edited:
Back