Increasing Rare Loot Drops?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Has anyone heard of - or had any personal experience in - increasing the rarer loot drop rate from certain mobs?

I would assume if it was possible it is the privy of the uber weapons that near 4DPP & >80% eff. From what I can gather the only way to ensure you get access to rarer loots is ensuring you don't overkill, ensure you don't take to long to kill (regen increasing cost to kill) etc but I don't think I've come across any people discussing if its possible to increase rarer drops once you are comfortably looting optimally.

more DPP, more rare loot

Eff is fine for events, but little hunting I do, I go for DPP, maybe get something nice, don't mind losing 0.3% or whatever in sharp

Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization.

It is more dynamic than just DPP imo

Source: Developer Notes #11 Loot 2.0

Properly match your gear and skills for the mob being hunted.
Or rather, choose a mob best suited for you skills and gear.

Last edited:
You can spot the difference quite easy yourself. Just go out hunting the same mob with low and higher dpp. Lower dpp the higher % of total loot consist of shrapnel.

To obtain rarer loot, you have to increase your DPP, or FREE DMG factor as MA calls it, which isn't cheap to do off the bat without investing in gear that can help in that area Ares Rings as one example.

The other aspect is mob maturity; the higher the maturity, the higher the chance of dropping something rare or of a higher value than lower maturity groups, usually tell from Guardian and above.

Back