Question: Ingame Mail Terminal

Jason Greed

Guardian
Society
Silly Underground Family
Jason Greed Greed
Hey guys Jason here, i had a small idea for the universe...

Maybe a few of you know those Ingame Mail Terminals, wich were in every MMO/RPPG/Sandbox i have seen.
That would allow us to send Messages to our society, friends etc even when they are offline,they get a message like "you have a new message" when they log in, pretty good if you have to send someone an important message.I seen at the most mail terminals, an option to attach items to an Mail, would be great for birthday,christmas presents.

Greetz,
Jason

are you volunteering to buy the servers for Mindark to make it happen?

are you volunteering to buy the servers for Mindark to make it happen?

Naa i dont think this is the problem here - notice that MA keeps track of lots of useless stuff like achievment board or nr of shoots made with laser weapons for each paricipant :scratch2:. Clearly they have server space to waste ;).

Also i don't think they are not aware the system would be helpfull to players.

I think this must have something to do with EULA vs setting contracts through this system. I mean if this would work like real mail sytem then it could mean that simple ingame email comunication could mean agreement on both sides for something. I am not sure what law tells about this in Sweden but i am sure MA has thought about this system and has not implemented it yet for a reason.

Falagor
:bandit:

When we look backwards,we see that MA has implanted som useless things like Achievment system...so this Mail system would have a use, but i remember it isnt MAs point to introduct useful things :D

Naa i dont think this is the problem here - notice that MA keeps track of lots of useless stuff like achievment board or nr of shoots made with laser weapons for each paricipant :scratch2:. Clearly they have server space to waste ;).

I think this must have something to do with EULA vs setting contracts through this system. I mean if this would work like real mail sytem then it could mean that simple ingame email comunication could mean agreement on both sides for something. I am not sure what law tells about this in Sweden but i am sure MA has thought about this system and has not implemented it yet for a reason.

Falagor
:bandit:

They already have Chatlogs so what's the difference between the Private Chatlog and a Private Maillog?

MA are just too worried about coming up with more ways to make income rather than introducing things that would be beneficial to the players. Remember Taming? Yeah, useless but that'll be back but MA will have figured out a way to get some income out of it.

Maybe if you suggested that MA makes a charge per recipient of messages they might bite your hand off?

Im pretty sure they talked about offline messages many years ago but nothing happened after that, maybe we will get that sometime in the future...

The item attach thing would help alot when you are stranded on NI, so you wouldnt need to fly back to caly to get your stuff :)

Greetz,
Jason

No, they probably aren't. We've only mentioned it on these forums as being a helpfull addition about 3,237 times...

Back