Introducing Loot the Most League!

Greetings my people!

I have decided to setup a league style competitive event at Khorum Coast where players will fight it out weekly on the land for a shot at a large grand prize at the finale.

I am hoping to slowly turn this into our own Esport here in EU and incorporate more land areas and planets. If you think about it, Entropia could be an amazing Esport game if we start marketing it properly and finding investors! I managed to get Entropia on the news across the world so I may be a good candidate to help push and grow this, contacting companies for sponsorship etc.
There is so much about avatars and how they are different, skills, gear, time and money invested and also how we are essentially all equal and competing with the house behind the scenes. I think people would be interested to hear about player biographies and when they started, skills and gear value all that jazz.

OK so enough blabbering on here is the current league setup idea
:

There will be an event created at Khorum Coast weeks in advance with a high ped reward, let's say 1k peds first place. In order to get to that event you need a ticket which you can win from one of the three events from the week prior. The tickets for the week prior to that will be earned by the three events the week before that one and all three weekly events award tickets to all three next week. I know it sounds complicated so here is another way of putting it.

Week 1 has three events that are free and give out tickets to the winners. Tickets from this week give access to week 2 which is now a locked event requiring tickets. Wins during any of the week 2 events give tickets to all of the week 3. Week 3 events award tickets for the grand finale high ped payout event.
Each win during the events will give out multiple tickets. First place will get you 9, three each for all three of the next week. Second will get 6 so two each for all three. Third place gets 1 for all three.
Now, you could decide if you wanted to horde your tickets for a better shot at the grand prize, sell them to players who didn't compete or also bring in your friends for a better shot at the reward as a team! I am also debating if I will sell tickets to events at an increased cost per week but I am not sure yet.

So essentially we are creating a more exclusive and competitive scene here in Entropia and as it gets bigger I want to draw in investors or sponsorship if possible.

Edit- The name is a work in progress based off an event already at the Coast. I am thinking the events will be highest single loot. Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
Hey mate,

I agree and appreciate working together with other planets. Thanks for advertising the game as well. You are right, we should also use more Interplanetary events.

Current PCF rules however forbid making advertisements about events on other planets. It is not my duty to think if this is right or wrong, as MA decides such things.

Maybe you should ask one of the mods of PCF to make an extra forum chapter for only interplanetary events.

I think that would be a solution to maybe follow the PCF rules plus making it a bit more clear which Events are only Planet Calypso and which are not. Otherwise players will loose the overview if an event is Calypso only or also include Planet Arkadia events. I am totally interested in working together with other Planets Land Area Owners to make interplanetary events happen.

Good luck and maybe you can make that happen.

Thank you for your interest and also paying a compliment to my EU efforts. I truly love this game and can't wait to see how far it can go if we as players try to grow it too!

I think so far it seems perhaps the moderators of PCF let us have a little mention of other planets if we don't go overboard on it. I believe they know they are the hub forum to reach the most players and sometimes what is good for other planets is good for the game.

At least I hope it is like that, I haven't had issues mentioning my land yet on here but I try to remain respectful and not step on too many toes doing it if I can.

I think a seperate sub forum for mentioning other planet events is a pretty solid idea.

Appreciate the effort and enthusiasm for the game. I don’t think Esports in Entropia will take off. Normal gameplay is basic and repetitive and just revolves around who has enough money to push F the longest. For the consumer I don’t think there is much there. The only engaging gameplay I think would garner interest is high end pro PvP events like land grabs. It’s also a possibility that I am just biased because I personally don’t enjoy watching other people play games.

On to the actual event, I like the idea, but keep the tickets untradeble. Reward the dedicated, not the rich. I also think that the prize pool needs to be higher than a measly 1k PEDs, considering that the event is going to drag on for many weeks or even months. You need a decent prize to keep peoples attention for such a length of time.

I was sitting down making the first League in the event system this morning.

I didn't realize the system wanted me to buy my own reserved tickets. So it seems it will cost roughly 40 ped with fees to create each event and then I need to make three of them a week for three weeks. I am now looking at costs of maybe an extra 300-400 ped with event fees from the system.

I am wondering if it is best to avoid the in game event system and track progress with globals myself but it is near impossible to keep it exclusive and not complicated then. Perhaps bite the bullet and pay all these fees directly into Mindark's pocket? 😆

It really would be nice if the system didn't charge me to create events on my own property. I could see outside player costs but the deed owner having them just chips even further away at trying to run a land and scrape some small payback.

Appreciate the effort and enthusiasm for the game. I don’t think Esports in Entropia will take off. Normal gameplay is basic and repetitive and just revolves around who has enough money to push F the longest. For the consumer I don’t think there is much there. The only engaging gameplay I think would garner interest is high end pro PvP events like land grabs. It’s also a possibility that I am just biased because I personally don’t enjoy watching other people play games.

On to the actual event, I like the idea, but keep the tickets untradeble. Reward the dedicated, not the rich. I also think that the prize pool needs to be higher than a measly 1k PEDs, considering that the event is going to drag on for many weeks or even months. You need a decent prize to keep peoples attention for such a length of time.
I have been thinking of your feedback for a few days, Katie. I appreciate you giving it and I see your point. I think it may also come down to marketing the idea right and creating structured in game competitions that viewers or players can keep up on at their leisure.

I think what would make an EU league different is that there are actual stories, gear and time spent as avatars versus some of the games where you just drive a car so to speak. I don't know how to describe my vision but think of something like a baseball card or character bio.

Then we can layer in the game's core unpredictability, the excitement of seeing someone win or lose and what they have at risk. It will surely be boring to watch 3 hours of hunting but I want to make "highlight reels" or something similar. Short little 2-3 minutes that summarize what your favorite league member did competing etc.

This will allow more depth into EU events and systems too. We get a pvp league for instance with a "capture the flag" sort of thing in lootable pvp but instead of flags it is an avatar you need to hunt and they need to protect. We could stream the hour long event from multiple angles, add some commentary and flashy highlights of the action.

A hunting event could be similar to what I outlined above, a progressive competition where people can tune in or cheer for their favorites.

I do realize some of this is perhaps beyond my scope right now. I am currently working on trying to get sponsorship for a small league on my land and then grow from there. I am contacting Skull Candy for instance and seeing if they want to make a return to Arkadia.

Back