Investing large amount into game

Lord_Volume

Young
so over the next 5 months, ill be putting a total of $1500 into the game. My goal doing so is to be able to buy 5 CLD's, and thus be able to play "for free" there after.
I put the first 300 depo into buying ammo, as you get ammo plus skill pills (I don't really care about the revive chips).

so my question is: Should I continue to put my depos in this way, or should I take the 5% hit and buy straight PED?

Thanks so much

Depends if you going to cycle that much ammo or not. if you going to for example only cycle 500 ped a day, ur beter off investing most of it in CLDs. Boxes are the best way to depo if you going to cycle that ammo. Even the trashiest ring is free mu. plus the neuro a/ hyper /dev/accu 5,10,15 mg pills u get is free mu. lets also not forget the tons of skill pills ull get along with ammo. But thats just my 2 pecs😉

not to sound rude, but if you think $1500 over 5months is a lot. You’re going to have a bad time here.

5CLDs will get you what like 15-25ped a week. That’ll last a matter of seconds..

With that said the best way to deposit would be $1500 in boxes and cycle or take a little out to buy some UL gear then boxes the rest in one lump sum. Then do the same in the next depo… big depos always better than little and often.

so 1500 is a LARGE depo for me (its all subjective people). I'm a newer player, and generally depo about $20 a week. that gets me ammo for nearly the whole week, sometimes more since I have other hobbies. On the weeks I play a lot, I might game 30hrs, on the weeks I don't, I might play 8 hrs.
is the main reason to buy boxes OVER ammo (with them skill pills) solely to get a chance at a high MU ring?

so 1500 is a LARGE depo for me (its all subjective people). I'm a newer player, and generally depo about $20 a week. that gets me ammo for nearly the whole week, sometimes more since I have other hobbies. On the weeks I play a lot, I might game 30hrs, on the weeks I don't, I might play 8 hrs.
is the main reason to buy boxes OVER ammo (with them skill pills) solely to get a chance at a high MU ring?

Its up to you to decide if its worth the boxes for you or not.
PED at 95% is fix and safe.
Boxes converting back the uni ammo to ped most probably end up like 90%.
For that another 5% you get a lot of game time based on your cycle rate written above, plus there is always a chance for something good in the box.

It is all about how much you have to play, if you have plenty better deposit 5k at once for the whole year and go for a good weapon with half and for cycle the other half.A good weapon is a bliss since it will help you save a lot of peds in the long run and actually you can play the game, buying cld's will limit you in playing the game.

Don't worry mate, people forget where they came from, hence you get all these jokers messi-ng around trying to make fun of your financial decision. Just do what you have to do, my advice, listen to the people telling you about a decent UL gun and maybe later on rings and stuff like that. No one taught me at the right time and I still regret some of the decisions I made in this game, thousands and thousands of dollars spent and lost never to return when I could have decent gear and maybe even profit from the game. Good luck to you! 🤞

1. I would say be sure to sort out for yourself at an early stage what exactly it is that you want from Entropia. Just fun? Make money? Be part of the "clique" of ubers? Etc...

Figuring that out will better inform your decisions along the way and guide you.

2. Talk to people at your level and slightly above your level. Talking or seeking advice from people that are at the top often doesn't end well and I think that's because the "game" is something completely different to them then what it is to you, so beware of that. I'm not saying not to talk to people at the top, I'm just saying to make sure you also talk to people at your level and slightly above your level.

3. Be good at math.

4. Have a little faith.

5. Find something fun to do.

Boxes are 100% the best way to deposit. Even if you do classified boxes it’s better than straight ped. Why pay 3% fee off the top? Ppl say you will lose to cycle universal ammo but you will lose with any hunt craft mine activity especially at low levels. You might as well get the chance of looting a 15k ring. If you deposit straight ped and turn around and buy TT ammo with it you’re already losing but you start with 3% less

I've spent thousands and never found a way to play for free. I've had CLDS and sold them because it was that or deposit again.
I have not much on me to account for other than skills, which take some capital and tons of time to sell.
All I want is to play for a reasonable cost and even $50 a month won't get me that.

Now don't let me crush your dreams because people do say they have never spent money or did something like you did and play for free. There are sooo many ways to play and enjoys this game and that is the one factor that I appreciate the most - the freedom. Just expect very low tier mobs and activities without much more cash.

I do think depositing a large sum at once tends to work out better than multiple smaller ones - if you have a cushion you can save your loot to sell on auction for whatever markup you can - vs. TTing it or selling it to resellers for half or less the mu. Takes money to "make" money.
CLDs are good as they are consistent and if you don't play for a while you log in and have some peds to play with.

I find buying loot boxes the best way to get ammo and the peds you play with - you end up getting some pills to sell and if lucky some item with MU - if not you avoid that tax on ped purchase.

Be careful, take your time, read up and keep asking like you did - this is a great community. Good hunting!

Don't worry mate, people forget where they came from, hence you get all these jokers messi-ng around trying to make fun of your financial decision.
This!

Btw did you check deposit with bank transfer? the fee is way lower then I think.

Your philosophy of investing in CLD to cover hunting losses is fine, don't let people discourage you, though you might need more than 3 to get any serious work done, depends what you want to do. Its exactly what I do too but just scaled up a bit, and I also have a varied portfolio. Throw some money at Xanato, if its only ROI you are after, that's where its at atm.
Most important thing is to still keep enough bankroll, don't spend it ALL on passives, and keep to your budget. For example, I have gear and skills to get me about 95% long term, and my income on average can cover me for a 5% loss on a 500k ped annual cycle, so this is all I do. Non coincidentally this covers me for all Redulite stages of all mayhems. Then I also keep another 5% in the pedcard or trading loot that I can liquidate pretty easily for the times lootius didn't look upon my blood offering with favor. Long term I shouldn't lose, the only risk being the devaluation of my items. All markup gained is profit.

Last edited:
This!

Btw did you check deposit with bank transfer? the fee is way lower then I think.
No but I'll look in to it. Cheers mate. 👌😁

Your philosophy of investing in CLD to cover hunting losses is fine, don't let people discourage you, though you might need more than 3 to get any serious work done, depends what you want to do. Its exactly what I do too but just scaled up a bit, and I also have a varied portfolio. Throw some money at Xanato, if its only ROI you are after, that's where its at atm.
Most important thing is to still keep enough bankroll, don't spend it ALL on passives, and keep to your budget. For example, I have gear and skills to get me about 95% long term, and my income on average can cover me for a 5% loss on a 500k ped annual cycle, so this is all I do. Non coincidentally this covers me for all Redulite stages of all mayhems. Then I also keep another 5% in the pedcard or trading loot that I can liquidate pretty easily for the times lootius didn't look upon my blood offering with favor. Long term I shouldn't lose, the only risk being the devaluation of my items. All markup gained is profit.
teach me your ways

There's some good advice in this thread already. I agree with others that buying boxes is simply the best way to deposit, assuming you can cycle what you depo. I always buy boxes rather than straight PED conversion.

If you haven't yet, maybe I missed it, but joining a soc and meeting other players can save you a lot of headache and learning if you just ask questions and you're willing to learn.

EU has a very steep learning curve. Then once you think you've figured it out, things change and you gotta adapt to keep up.

It is possible to profit from any of the games professions: hunting, mining, crafting, but it is not easy. The vast majority of players in here usually pay for their monthly entertainment, keep that in mind. Set a budget and stick to it. Don't get sucked in and make poor choices with your finances you'll regret.

Welcome to the game, best of luck out there 😁 we've got a fantastic community and a lot of people willing to help.

If you whole goal with that $1500 is passive income to play with you're better to place it in a GIC/bond or other secured paper investment in the real world. Many are paying upwards of 5% a year with no risk of value lost.

CLD are doing like 6% and the fluctuations in value (and auction fees when selling) can put you in the red even after that 6% return... plus in the next couple years there is the whole unreal deeds to consider.

Aside from that, when depositing boxes are almost always better bang for your buck as you get full tt value and you often get lots of skill pills.

If you whole goal with that $1500 is passive income to play with you're better to place it in a GIC/bond or other secured paper investment in the real world. Many are paying upwards of 5% a year with no risk of value lost.

CLD are doing like 6% and the fluctuations in value (and auction fees when selling) can put you in the red even after that 6% return... plus in the next couple years there is the whole unreal deeds to consider.

Aside from that, when depositing boxes are almost always better bang for your buck as you get full tt value and you often get lots of skill pills.
not in today's stock market.

p.s. if you like investing in this game, uh.... https://news.cision.com/se/spotligh...r-notering-pa-spotlight-stock-market,c3696224

Welcome to the game !

Have you considered investing in TI / CP shares instead of CLD?

I know CLD have better ROI, but they are also very expensive. With TI/CP shares you can buy more shares with the weekly payment very soon and keep re-investing. Read on compound interest.

Anyway, I would depo in boxes and cycle the universal ammo in the most efficient way possible. If you can wait until Easter Mayhem I think a low cat in there could be decent.

Good luck, remember to have fun too.

1500 usd..... use 30 to get a Gold starter pack
15000 ped at 8% per year (CLD revenue) are equivalent of 1200 ped per year as an "amortizing fund"!
so you have 100 ped to loose every month and keep your capital
3.33 ped per day .... 60 ped shooting at 96& return

go to cyrene, SWUNT paneleon level 3, deposit only 30 USD to get a starter pack.
same result, no need to lock 1500 usd.

alternative: get a Mentor, experiemtn, get 15k ped ammo and play the game in a way that let you enjoy
(hint: learn loot 2.0, looter skill, effect of analysis and perception, look AH prices of the day)

all the best for your gaming!

All depends on how faar you want to go

15.000 ped is a good amount for a New Player, untill you Hit a higher dps range

1500 is a lot of money to put in a game but if you are able to put more.. then add a Zero and you are good to go for a while

But i higly recommend you to depo 150 first and learn the basics

Most importent to know in EU is trading and track of mu, use entropiawiki to see what mobs drop what , do some Tests to see if the avg mu does good to you

I dont know your play style but boxes are the best ATM

I do it like this : grind mayhem put the boxes i open on side like 1500 open those and sell the others,
But ur safe to buy them for 0.80 each

If you Hold 5 clds the worst you get will be 2.5 ped per week each.
Its smarter to use this amount of peds 15.000 to go hunting for mu or use it for reselling purpose but still this will need a little learning

So we talk about 50 min to 120 max ped you can "lose" untill you have to touch the other peds.

On the curent dps range i hunt atm i Lose 120 ped in few hours

Game System is kinda dynamic lets say you have 10.000 ped after you burn your 10.000 ped you will get in return 85-98 % so thats a instand loss of 1500 ped
Depending on how high your shrp rate is you can get 50 ped from shrp back in universal amo out of 5k shrp so you lost now 1450. Worst case (easy to Cover when you go for mu drops or resell stuff every now and then ... even if its only 20 ped per sale out of 10 trades you still add up 200 , turns your 1450 loss to 1250 loss.

What i try to explain you is the force behind peds. 5 clds is frozen money.
I rather choose 15.000 ped liquid but thats only because i know what to buy and sell

My two pec

Hope i see you doing well in Entropia :)

Last edited:
so over the next 5 months, ill be putting a total of $1500 into the game. My goal doing so is to be able to buy 5 CLD's, and thus be able to play "for free" there after.
I put the first 300 depo into buying ammo, as you get ammo plus skill pills (I don't really care about the revive chips).

so my question is: Should I continue to put my depos in this way, or should I take the 5% hit and buy straight PED?

Thanks so much
Welcome to the game. Start slow and learn all you can while you enjoy doing what you like.
You putting in 1500 and that is a LARGE amount for your budget, so do yourself the favor and take your time learning and enjoying.
Get the Gold Pack on the web shop for sure.

CLD is for sure a long term investment. If you are a fresh avatar. I would invest in skilling and learning the game. Unless you are not going to deposit more later on. Rather than lock in the USD. Maybe start smaller and make sure you are enjoying the game before locking in that USD?

GL! We are here to assist!

All depends on how faar you want to go

15.000 ped is a good amount for a New Player, untill you Hit a higher dps range

1500 is a lot of money to put in a game but if you are able to put more.. then add a Zero and you are good to go for a while

But i higly recommend you to depo 150 first and learn the basics

Most importent to know in EU is trading and track of mu, use entropiawiki to see what mobs drop what , do some Tests to see if the avg mu does good to you

And yes ... some people (i dont want to Name any footballer)forgot where they came from, talking big but not helping the community

I dont know your play style but boxes are the best ATM

I do it like this : grind mayhem put the boxes i open on side like 1500 open those and sell the others,
But ur safe to buy them for 0.80 each

If you Hold 5 clds the worst you get will be 2.5 ped per week each.
Its smarter to use this amount of peds 15.000 to go hunting for mu or use it for reselling purpose but still this will need a little learning

So we talk about 50 min to 120 max ped you can "lose" untill you have to touch the other peds.

On the curent dps range i hunt atm i Lose 120 ped in few hours

Game System is kinda dynamic lets say you have 10.000 ped after you burn your 10.000 ped you will get in return 85-98 % so thats a instand loss of 1500 ped
Depending on how high your shrp rate is you can get 50 ped from shrp back in universal amo out of 5k shrp so you lost now 1450. Worst case (easy to Cover when you go for mu drops or resell stuff every now and then ... even if its only 20 ped per sale out of 10 trades you still add up 200 , turns your 1450 loss to 1250 loss.

What i try to explain you is the force behind peds. 5 clds is frozen money.
I rather choose 15.000 ped liquid but thats only because i know what to buy and sell

My two pec

Hope i see you doing well in Entropia :)
I agree 100%

I'm always amazed at how much money is spent in the game. i've been playing for ~ 5 years now and haven't invested 1500 in the game yet^^. I have found my niche in which I have fun despite small money.

I've spent thousands and never found a way to play for free. I've had CLDS and sold them because it was that or deposit again.
I have not much on me to account for other than skills, which take some capital and tons of time to sell.
All I want is to play for a reasonable cost and even $50 a month won't get me that.

Now don't let me crush your dreams because people do say they have never spent money or did something like you did and play for free. There are sooo many ways to play and enjoys this game and that is the one factor that I appreciate the most - the freedom. Just expect very low tier mobs and activities without much more cash.

I do think depositing a large sum at once tends to work out better than multiple smaller ones - if you have a cushion you can save your loot to sell on auction for whatever markup you can - vs. TTing it or selling it to resellers for half or less the mu. Takes money to "make" money.
CLDs are good as they are consistent and if you don't play for a while you log in and have some peds to play with.

I find buying loot boxes the best way to get ammo and the peds you play with - you end up getting some pills to sell and if lucky some item with MU - if not you avoid that tax on ped purchase.

Be careful, take your time, read up and keep asking like you did - this is a great community. Good hunting!
Low level mobs are not low tier, it’s this kind of thinking that keeps the low spend players down.

1500 usd..... use 30 to get a Gold starter pack
15000 ped at 8% per year (CLD revenue) are equivalent of 1200 ped per year as an "amortizing fund"!
so you have 100 ped to loose every month and keep your capital
3.33 ped per day .... 60 ped shooting at 96& return

go to cyrene, SWUNT paneleon level 3, deposit only 30 USD to get a starter pack.
same result, no need to lock 1500 usd.

alternative: get a Mentor, experiemtn, get 15k ped ammo and play the game in a way that let you enjoy
(hint: learn loot 2.0, looter skill, effect of analysis and perception, look AH prices of the day)

all the best for your gaming!
I’m honestly really surprised you think analysis or perception does anything other than raise professions. Do you have evidence of this?

I’m honestly really surprised you think analysis or perception does anything other than raise professions. Do you have evidence of this?
Based on Looter profession increasing TT return theory.

analysis and perception do exactly what you said.. rise LOOTER.
this is the only profession you need to level with codex (Thank you Evey) , the other rise naturally

Back