Is each mob an avatar? Does a mob have a ped card and inventory too?

Daniel Steps

Prowler
Undisclosed³
This is only a semi-serious issue (some facts suggest no such loot system?), but a fun one perhaps ...

Is each mob an avatar (simply not operated by a person, simply NPC-behaviour is activated, but the same 'build' as an avatar so it could be operated by a person)? Does a mob have a ped card and inventory too?

Is the exchange in loot between a hunter and a mob therefor similar (the same mechanics) to exchange of loot between avatars in lootable pvp (with the boxes to loot items also ticked?)?

It could be that mobs are only types of avatars (Kim did say he could be looking through the chirpy on screen?) which might imply some interesting things (i'm glad a mob hasn't looted my armor or gun or fap yet for example, which could happen if it was the same system and someone makes a mistake while programming). For example planets or missions could be made where you could choose to be a mob. :)

What constructive thoughts does this generate?
(Thanks for keeping it positive and/or fun :))

I don't know why you think these issues are not serious. MA has the ability to watch gameplay from any avatar and/or mob, so it is possible the mob that seemed to be aiming only for you, was actually aiming for you.

Also, when an avatar dies, it gets restreamed to the revival-terminal, and the body at the location where it died, decays. But, the items are not bio-degradable, and don't decay, but instead are eaten by the mobs. That's why you also can get them in loot.

Of course, there also is a whole underworld, where very popular items are traded. That's why there aren't dozens of mod-faps and such around, they all have been 'confiscated' and taken from calypso to this mob-underworld.

At least every mob has an unique ID. There was a test pic by MA showing this.

My theory is when you are getting the Failed Failed Failed messages that Kim or someone else has jumped into a mob near you and caused the messages.:rolleyes:

They are manually adjusting our loot.:eek:

Yes, each mob has a ped card and while not spawned they spend their time filling up that card by sitting in some office.

All mobs are controlled by an umpa-lumper I thought everyone new that.

Back