Is it possible to change date display ?

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
Currently the time of a forum post is displayed like :

Month Day Year

i would like to change it into

Day Month Year

is that possible ?

I'm afraid it's the western style... :( I would like that too, but I don't have high hopes for it though...
Nevertheless, count my vote as a 'yes' if it comes to what people would like. :)

This question has come up in the past, and the response is the same:

The (MM-DD-YYY) date format in use on PCF (and before that on EF) is a forum-wide setting, and unfortunately cannot be customized on a per-user basis.

This format was chosen by MindBuster, the founder and original admin of EntropiaForum (which of course would later become PCF). Over the years, most of our members have grown accustomed to the date format utilized on the forum, including those members from Europe or other places where the more common (DD-MM-YYYY) system is used.

To change to a different date format would probably cause more confusion that it would solve at this point.

Too bad, for I personally would prefer YYYY-MM-DD.

I asked the same question when the new forum launched. It's built into the engine and doesn't use the persons viewing region, I think it's on the wish list for the base code.

As Svarog said above, it's one format had to chosen and it just happens to be the US format.

Edit: found it

The date display format is a forum-wide setting and unfortunately cannot be set on an individual basis. Allowing users to select a preferred date format is a feature that has been requested by vBulletin admins for years, but so far has not been implemented.

PCF uses the mm/dd/yyyy date format (inherited from EF, where it was used for over 5 years), because many of our members have grown used to seeing that format on the forum, even those from countries that use the dd/mm/yyyy format.

Last edited:
Back