Question: Is it still worthwhile being a healer?

VandalHand

Dominant
Society
AO
VandalHand
While still being a semi-active mentor, to diverse players with varying play styles, my go-to answer for a profession worthwhile to pursue has always been to become a healer.
Especially to the players I mentor who are free-to-play with an interest in hunting.

I mean, you get skills, PED and also gain knowledge from hunters - such as what they use by scanning their gear, and what they hunt.
What more could you want?

Now days with limited restoration chips, an abundance of Life Steal options, and even Tezlapod pets - even I find myself not hiring healers, and feel many hunters are becoming more and more self-sustainable during hunting.

Increases to skill gain, bigger HP from Meta Codex certainly have been a contribution to this as well.

So, would you ever consider being a healer, or suggest becoming a healer to a new player with an S10 or Refurb HEART to slowly work up to a massively competitive mod 2350 / 2600 scene?

While I do think healing can be worthwhile, I feel this is limited to Migration and potentially FFA Merry Mayhem.
I find it hard to justify suggesting such things that require a heavy investment for an imp / mod FAP, or even for a free-to-play player to save up for a 2350 / 2600.

Kind Regards,
- VH

Still a place for healers. I wouldn’t say it can sustain like the old days as most events are solo instances and with heal over time chips/ life steals, makes small time healers almost pointless.

Now days with limited restoration chips, an abundance of Life Steal options, and even Tezlapod pets - even I find myself not hiring healers, and feel many hunters are becoming more and more self-sustainable during hunting.
I think it's true that this phase has a lesser need of healers but I do believe it's part of the transition we all heard about.
MA want to make more costly high end content. When this does happen, we should see healers job pick up again.

Playing for free is like modern day computer slavery. Develop your real life skills, get job and depo money. And in my soc people still hire other people as healers ocassionally.
This is BEST advice...

Regarding healing.. I would hire one for Eomons and will do that.. rest of the year i dont realy need one. Maybe for soc activities I personaly cant think any other time when i would need a healer.

Back