Is (L) BP decay returned in loot?

Taldur

Provider
Hey all,
I started playing around with crafting a bit recently and have suffered pretty bad returns. Trying to figure out what I did wrong, I wondered if the decay of (L) BPs is returned in loot in any way and whether people have any DATA on that.

Cheers and thanks,
Taldur

Hey all,
I started playing around with crafting a bit recently and have suffered pretty bad returns. Trying to figure out what I did wrong, I wondered if the decay of (L) BPs is returned in loot in any way and whether people have any DATA on that.

Cheers and thanks,
Taldur

This 'decay being returned in loot' thing is new with Loot 2.0 and only exists within the Hunting profession. It doesn't work that way for Mining or Crafting.

This 'decay being returned in loot' thing is new with Loot 2.0 and only exists within the Hunting profession. It doesn't work that way for Mining or Crafting.

Actually, that's how mining pretty much always used to be (at least post 2010), and hunting was just made more similar to mining in loot 2.0. Amp and finder decay (as well as probes) affect claim size. The only decay that doesn't factor in is excavator decay really.

As for crafting, blueprint decay is only 1 pec. Even if it was returned, it should not be a meaningful effect for most crafting. It's generally better to stay away from L blueprints if you're just starting out though, especially if you are buying them. You'll lose peds easier doing that unless you are absolutely sure there's a good MU market for whatever you are crafting.

Back