Is there an auto-disconnect feature?

Kendrah

Young
It seems that when I walk away for 15-30 mins, the game bombs out on me, suggesting there's an auto-disconnect/terminate feature. Is this true, and if so where can I turn this feature off?

Thanks

its true and the only way to prevent it is to interact with the game
i believe its 15 min

15minz? I thought it was 10 minz..

But if you goto PA, alt-tab and come back after 30 minz, alt-tab back into game, you have a good change you'll here the disconnect sounds as your looking at the whitescreen waiting for everything to load again. Just press esc and your still in game ;)

Hello,

There is an auto disconnect feature. It is set up so that if there is no user input for a certain period of time (I think 10 min's but could be wrong) the session is disconnected.

I is done this way to avoid lag by having avatars performing automated functions (like walking/running forever while your not even there) disconnect.

In addition to the lag avoidance it is also a good safety net in case your avatar is bugged or something causes your session to terminate improperly. As many can attest - there have been cases of people not being able to log back on as there avatar is already logged on.

I do not know if this function can be disabled. If it can, I would advise against it.

Good luck,

Grounder

I believe it is 10 minutes as well. And this feature can not be turned off. MA put it there because too many avatars stayed ingame and were doing nothing, thus using up resources for nothing...

10 minutes

I too belive it's ten minute if you don't just get the conection lost box (love that one)

Back