Is there much of a demand for tailors?

Is there much of a demand for tailors?

• Total voters

Jaysin

Young
Society
The Knights of Calypso
Jaysin Jay Hamelin
As the title says is there much of a demand for tailors?

I am a afraid not much mate. Its also a bit hard to "browse' clothes. You have to click on them to see why those pants are +100 and not +1 like normal. IE it has all fields tiarak.

There are some pretty good ones out there though. I have bought a few articles I wanted from Lee Loo's shop. (check it out at Emerald Lakes Mall, its a good shop with good prices on clothes).

There is also a guy named Neil Stockton who sells arkadia clothes on demand. I bought 5 sets of uniforms from him for my shopkeepers.

That being said, I buy a lot more guns then I do shirts.

Also.. a cheap way to skill in Tailoring is the Lesser Elysia BP. You just need a stupid amount of sweat and lysterium. You could gain a significant amount of points in tailoring that way.

There is some demand for tailors, but not much.

1) clothes aren't mandatory
2) they're UL
3) they don't help you get better loot
4) most good clothes are high TT
5) most avatars don't invest in expensive clothes until they're committed to the game

All this means that once you pick your outfit, you tend to stick with it. Plus the basic clothes BPs are cheap and easy to get, so the people who really like clothes will just craft their own clothes most of the time.

In general, clothing is a real slow mover. Like Sam said, I make all of the Arkadian clothes on demand (including the Ark glasses). I used to try to sell clothes on auction but I rarely do that anymore, because there is low to zero demand sometimes and there are usually sellers who sell them for less than they cost to make, either because they can't calculate or they just don't care about losses. Some clothes can go for good MU, and you might have an advantage if you are a good colorer/texturer too.

We'll have to see what the avatar update does to the clothing market. According to Dave Dobson, the new avatars look much, much better, and that includes clothes. Apparently the clothes will have to be updated by each planet partner in order to take advantage of the new level of detail, and the Ark clothes are supposed to be ready when the update comes. If the clothes look amazing, it will probably stimulate the clothing market some. Though again, the same reasons above still apply; unless something changes it will never be a big market.

Last edited:
When they made the condition of clothing reflect the TT value in vu9 it really hit a lot of the tailors hard and it's never really recovered.

Also.. a cheap way to skill in Tailoring is the Lesser Elysia BP. You just need a stupid amount of sweat and lysterium. You could gain a significant amount of points in tailoring that way.

Thanks for the tip.

Now how about coloring and texturing? Is there much of a demand for that? If I understand right you need to be fairly high skilled in order to apply colors and textures to clothes.

Now how about coloring and texturing? Is there much of a demand for that? If I understand right you need to be fairly high skilled in order to apply colors and textures to clothes.

its expensive to skill there, .. very expensive. You get back 10% of what you color. So you always loose 10%. No chance to global :)

Only a chacne to get an enhancer that is worth some ped. But the enhancer is not going to make up your losses there.

Tip for this:

1) Use paint over your skill level (I recomemnd starting with green as its low mu and lvl 8)
2) Split your paint cans to 100s
3) Buy alot of limited bp books (1 per 100 cans)
4) Color the bp books with 100 cans
5) TT the bp books

Do not bleach the books, its a waste of ped. You already loose alot. Just tt the books, Ill do a huge run once a week. I save all my paints from hunting. Then ill sit in my shop and color for around an hour lol. More than 50 bp books usually.

GL

I really don't think any type of cosmetic thing in game has much demand. Some days are better than others, but overall, not nearly as much demand as items/services that help with the main 3 professions.

Some good reads here.

I just wanted to add that although I tend to stick with one or two sets of clothes, women in general seem to fill up their entire inventory with every colour clothes you can come up with, and 20 pairs of shoes and boots in various colours.

I look in awe at my misses screen when she is flicking through her inventory, at the amount of clothes she has, it's incredible. She's not a big hunter though.

So I say the more women there're in game, then much more demand for clothes. Just like Real Life I guess.

Rick

MA kills the clothes market since they release awesome stuff like the skeleton suits and polar bear heads on holidays... not saying that that is a bad thing... just that maybe MA should look in to giving the participants some of the power to actually 'craft' that type of new and unique stuff instead of just throwing it to the masses, thereby killing a profession and system tied to it... same with avatar look redos... there's been what, 3 or so complete redos to the avatar creation system since 2007 or something like that... makes beauty profession completely useless.

There is some demand for tailors, but not much.

1) clothes aren't mandatory
2) they're UL
3) they don't help you get better loot
4) most good clothes are high TT
5) most avatars don't invest in expensive clothes until they're committed to the game

All this means that once you pick your outfit, you tend to stick with it. Plus the basic clothes BPs are cheap and easy to get, so the people who really like clothes will just craft their own clothes most of the time.

In general, clothing is a real slow mover. Like Sam said, I make all of the Arkadian clothes on demand (including the Ark glasses). I used to try to sell clothes on auction but I rarely do that anymore, because there is low to zero demand sometimes and there are usually sellers who sell them for less than they cost to make, either because they can't calculate or they just don't care about losses. Some clothes can go for good MU, and you might have an advantage if you are a good colorer/texturer too.

We'll have to see what the avatar update does to the clothing market. According to Dave Dobson, the new avatars look much, much better, and that includes clothes. Apparently the clothes will have to be updated by each planet partner in order to take advantage of the new level of detail, and the Ark clothes are supposed to be ready when the update comes. If the clothes look amazing, it will probably stimulate the clothing market some. Though again, the same reasons above still apply; unless something changes it will never be a big market.

6) You get a lot of free clothes if you do the starter missions on the different planets.

Back