Is this site real?

Dedrin

Mature
www.dse.anshechung.com/

It claims you can transfer peds into secondlife lindens, never intended to in the first place because I don't play secondlife but someone kept urging me to go to this site and do it. Is it a phishing site or what?

If your being steered into it I would say avoid it like the plague ;)

No this is not a phishing site to the best of my knowledge. Anshe if my memory serves me runs the bank located in.... uummmm .... New Oxford I believe. As for the ability to transfer Peds to Linden Dollars ..... well there may be a loop hole in the MA EULA that is being tapped but not a phishing site.

But why transfer ped to linden if you don't play.

Last edited:
If you don't play SL why would you even want to go there :scratch2:

They had a program to transfer between when they first started but I think its dead now. It was talked about in the ACS forum on Ef, which is also dead now.

They had a program to transfer between when they first started but I think its dead now. It was talked about in the ACS forum on Ef, which is also dead now.

But the bank is still alive and kicking?
Ah ... a bank is a liveless object.

:rolleyes::scratch2::rolleyes:

ohh the Banks :scratch2:

It is a real and legitimate and nonscamming site, however Anshe was asked to close down bank operations in SL. (as I understand it)

And we aren't allowed to discuss SL. (why would we :dunno:)

cant see anywhere you can transfer PED's to linden....

It is a real and legitimate and nonscamming site, however Anshe was asked to close down bank operations in SL. (as I understand it)

And we aren't allowed to discuss SL. (why would we :dunno:)

Not sure about that :scratch2:, her bank was fully functional the last time I was in "that place", admittedly some time ago though.

As for the site, it is real site, one which I use regularly. I have never used the linden -> ped transfer facility, and I believe you need to contact Anshe directly if you want to make use of it. The site also offers a savings account option, which I have used since the banks first opened.

Not sure about that :scratch2:, her bank was fully functional the last time I was in "that place", admittedly some time ago though.

As for the site, it is real site, one which I use regularly. I have never used the linden -> ped transfer facility, and I believe you need to contact Anshe directly if you want to make use of it. The site also offers a savings account option, which I have used since the banks first opened.

Ah found an article :) the operation of the bank as a bank had to stop, not so much the operation as a currency conversion service.

If you don't play SL why would you even want to go there :scratch2:

Well if you could still transfer your PEDs to $Ls, you could get a lot more money when cashing out because Linden Lab don't have such high charges for doing so. Oh, and you'd get your money within a week, not a few weeks or months as is the case when cashing out through MindArk.

Anyway, to answer the question:

1) You can still transfer $Ls to PEDs using DSE.
2) You cannot transfer PEDs to $Ls using DSE.

Linden Lab introduced a RISK API last year which basically determines the risk of currency exchange transactions. All exchanges are required to use the RISK API, and no doubt it is impossible for a PED > $L exchange to comply because there is no way for LL to trace PEDs back to their $USD source.

So, that's why Anshe can convert $Ls to PEDs, but no longer the other way around.

Yes Anshe's Dreamland Stock Exchange worked fine for a while (I used it to try SL using peds) and was a nice new concept. Alas yes the facility had to stop though due to liability issues.

Another sad story of the actions of the few ruining a nice idea for the rest of us.

Ah well.

Wistrel

Yes Anshe's Dreamland Stock Exchange worked fine for a while (I used it to try SL using peds) and was a nice new concept. Alas yes the facility had to stop though due to liability issues.

I'd just like to reiterate: The service only "half stopped". You can still transfer $Ls to PEDs via DSE. Just not the other way around.

Back