Isis weapon range - time for a name change?

Terrorist organization named after a virtual weapon range ? :eyecrazy:

/sarcasm on

Isis was also the name of an ancient Egyptian goddess; I suggest we change history books too because some terrorists picked the same name.

/sarcasm off

Not this again. These guns were around long before Isis existed.

I think we should ask Isis to change their name so that they don't negatively effect the reputation of our game's gun line.

Maybe Isis was started by successful EU players? :laugh:

hmm, nah, changing things to accommodate them, kinda is a small victory for them

Daesh is their name

On the Origin of the ‘Name’ DAESH – The Islamic State in ...

https://pietervanostaeyen.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/on-the-

18/02/2014 · On the origin of the name DAESH. It seems more and more Western media are using the derogatory DAESH when they’re talking about the Islamic State in …

Its normal that colonists in EU use old weapons from stone age like isis.
Just look description on imk2.
It was used few thousand years a go on planet earth by rangers.

So thousands years of science and technology progres which allowed us to cross the space and come to colonize planet Calypso did not contribute in ability to create better weapons.
Even more of that - maybe because of radiation or other illness we got in space we now tend to refuse using high technology.
Just for example - we had instant interplanetary teleports and we decided to remove them and use archaic old and slow space vehicles.
Must be something to do with regression and entropy and human tendence to create more kaos as would exist without us.

It's too late, they have established a Caliphate now which they call simply IS (Islamic State), afaik. Not sure how long that will last and what the next gang of nutjobs somewhere may come up. Things are changing so fast we'll have hard time keeping up with renaming things even if we try to be oh so politically correct (which I think is blown so out of proportions that it creates more problems than does any good anyway)... :coffee:

Back