Just a simple question about armor, plates and enhancers.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I know and before you say it, there are many threads about this but I an honestly say I can not understand the graphs or the explanations.

Just a couple of simple question, about limited (L) armor.

1. If you use plating will the plating take decay first, last or equal ? I think it is close to equal.
2. Enhancers. Durability enhancers would seem to be the best way to make the armor last longer but I am not sure how that works. Does the durability EH absorb some of damage, hence some of the decay ?

I have read and read but I just don't quite understand:scratch2: Hope I can get a little help with out the sarcasm.

Thanks.

Without going into lengthy technical details

1. All damage absorption and decay from a hit is calculated at the same time. It's important to make sure that your combined armour and plate decay for dam type x is less than the total expected damage of that type as it both armour and plate will absorb the full damage if they can, meaning your decay is more than it should be. An example. Say you get hit for 10 pts of impact, and you armour and plate can both absorb 8 pts each. you will be protected from the full 10 pts but both armour and plate will suffer the decay associated with 8pts dam.

2. A durability enhancer increases the durability stat of the armour part. From memory an increase of 1k dura reduces decay by around 1%. So enhancers will make your armour decay less but the effect is quite small. The good news is that dura enhancers have a low break rate.

Without going into lengthy technical details

1. All damage absorption and decay from a hit is calculated at the same time. It's important to make sure that your combined armour and plate decay for dam type x is less than the total expected damage of that type as it both armour and plate will absorb the full damage if they can, meaning your decay is more than it should be. An example. Say you get hit for 10 pts of impact, and you armour and plate can both absorb 8 pts each. you will be protected from the full 10 pts but both armour and plate will suffer the decay associated with 8pts dam.

2. A durability enhancer increases the durability stat of the armour part. From memory an increase of 1k dura reduces decay by around 1%. So enhancers will make your armour decay less but the effect is quite small. The good news is that dura enhancers have a low break rate.

I was hoping that the plates would absorb first and the armor just what is left. Seems like that is how it should be but I guess programming that would be hard and MA doesn't want to do that.

The defense enhancer would not take away from the decay either I suppose ? I would just add to the decay without saving any armor decay.

Thanks for the info in plain English :).

Back