Keylogger warning!

Darth-Lomme

Provider
Society
Rabbids
Jon Vegar Darth-Lomme Nilsen
Moderators put this thread where it belong, cause I dont know.

Allright folks, just wanna put out a warning about a person in EU who goes around and chat with people, asking them if they got Yahoo messenger etc.

I was standing in Zeus today when this person "Adonise Elize Marbrot" commes up to me for a chat. Started chatting about ordinary things and stuff, then this person asked me if i had Yahoo messenger, so i said no, and person asked if i could download messenger and install it.
I thought, hey why not, so I went to the page, downloaded Yahoo messenger and logged on. This person added me to contact list, and started chatting.
Then this person said that he/she wanted to send me some pictures, and that I had the wrong version of Yahoo messenger. I thought, thats weird, cause I got the newest program avaiable on Yahoo page.
She sendt me this file and said this was the right version with all the cool stuff etc on it. And that confirmed my suspicions. A keylogger.
So I didnt bother running the program or anything.

I confronted this person ingame and weird enough, he/she was all silent ;P

Anyway, just wanted to put out a warning to all users out there. Dont get fooled by this person =)

Good warning, I ran across her/him/it as well...

Needless to say that there is obviously something fishy with such an offer.

I submitted a support case of course.

Cheers :beerchug:

i send u pics and whith me naked :rofl:

is it realy any1 who buys that

Good warning, I ran across her/him/it as well...

Needless to say that there is obviously something fishy with such an offer.

I submitted a support case of course.

Cheers :beerchug:

oH yeah I want to see your pics Elize. :drool:

Send me the pics plz. I really need to :handjob: right now.
Maybe we could also meet IRL and:makelove:.

:laugh:

did someone say naked pics? ??? :tongue4:

me too me too:cool:
Too much SecondLife ppl.

OMG I thought it was for real :laugh: damn shouldn't have accepted the file.

Damn, pressure is too big, so see ya on Umbranoid Respawn and dont ask me why I am AFK :handjob: and dont make a thread: New Bot User! Ban him!

But serious, I hope this person acc will be locked for such behaviour.

Hehe.. he/she/it tried the same with me! It was like, "do you have Yahoo messenger?", I said, yep, I do, but I don't chat! She insisted one more time and I knew then and there that it was not right! What person would insist for you to log into Yahoo messenger to talk?!?!

Actually, this is the second time that someone tried something on me this week!? I was starting to wonder... what the heck :scratch2: , does my character look like a dumbass, or what?! However, I started seeing more and more posts like these and was relieved (sort of :)) to see that it wasn't just me :D !

Anyhow, the point here should be that WHENEVER SOMEONE WANTS YOU TO RUN/EXECUTE A PROGRAM ---> DON'T DO IT!!!!! These dumbasses are simply trying to either have you execute keyloggers, viruses, programs that would allow them to access your PC and the only way they can do that is by you manually running the programs for them!

So.. where are the pics? :dunno:

If possible get a couple screenies of the conversation and the avatar involved and send a support case to MA.

Tell them its ruining your gaming experience and they will ban the offending avatar super fast :rolleyes:.

The only way to keep the wolves at bay is to keep kicking them out of the door. If every one justs posts here in EF or laughs it off then it will continue and get worse.

These scams, keylogger attempts, or whatever will not stop as long as people keep falling for them. Easiest way in my book to rid ourselves of the problem is to report the offending avatars until MA takes notice.

why this thread is still on? when i made a thread about the same issue and revealed a full name it got locked immediately...

:lolup::lolup::laugh::rofl:

Man thats tooooo funny:laugh:

why this thread is still on? when i made a thread about the same issue and revealed a full name it got locked immediately...

b/c nobody has reported the thread, or, if it has been reported, it has yet to be acted upon ;)

Yes, yes there unfortunately are.
I lost my desire to warn people about these things ages ago, they never listen :p
So i guess it's just better to let them learn through trial and error ^^

So.. where are the pics? :dunno:

nude.jpg

Lol :p

Dont so hard on the guy.. He`s just... weird? :scratch2:

Back