Kill 100 Daikiba - not working

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
I've had this mission in my list for ages, and today I finally decided to take care of it. I went to the Bull Pen wave event area southeast of Odysseus Landing and noticed that my "Kill 100 Daikibas" wasn't counting up. I slaughtered my way all the way to the last few mobs of Wave 8 and a Daikiba Prowler crit'ed me and poof, it was over. I surely must've killed 200 or even more Daikibas by that time. Didn't receive any notification whatsoever that my kills were being counted. Anybody else have this issue?

I might be wrong but I thought I read so.e where you don't get points on wave mobs. I am not 100% sure though.

It's been years since I completed the Daikiba mission.

Try Shinkiba instead?

Are you sure it was a Iron and not a Daily mission?

It's "Kill 100 Daikibas at the Plains", if you leave the wave event area, it warns you. You have to kill them in the wave area. If there's no wave event going on, there's hardly a single Daikiba to be found. Maybe you have to turn in the Daikiba trophy heads or something?

Last edited:
It's "Kill 100 Daikibas at the Plains", if you leave the wave event area, it warns you. You have to kill them in the wave area. If there's no wave event going on, there's hardly a single Daikiba to be found. Maybe you have to turn in the Daikiba trophy heads or something?

I checked, and I have completed this mission:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mission&name=Kill_100_Daikiba

This is from the above link:

Akiran Recommends

As it is in the Wave zone, you're stuck to doing this one in wave windows which restart in under 20 minutes.

This may be combined with both the iron challenge and daily missions.

The way to get around this, if to run around to the north of the wave event area, tagging Daikibas from all around the area, run them back into the area... perhaps hop in your aircraft to stop the aggro and get out again, then pick them off one by one. You'll have the 100 in no time then!

----

If your gun is not capable of killing 5 Daikiba a minute then maybe you shouldn't attempt this mission?
I dont remember if it times out or not.

I don't think it's a matter of killing off 100 within 20 minutes because only about 15 or 20 Daikibas spawn for each wave...and once you kill them all, you have to wait about 30 to 60 seconds for the next 15 - 20 Daikibas to spawn. I see no indication of a mission timer anywhere. Furthermore, you have to run all over the area to find EVERY Daikiba that spawns there...the waves won't complete until every single one is killed. Plus, there's the matter of no kill-count appearing under the mission displayed onscreen; nothing is going on to show me any Daikibas were killed.

As for my main weapon, which I only needed at the later stages when the Old Alphas & Prowlers spawned, it should be powerful enough; I'm using a Piron PLR-37 (L) with A103 amp; ~64 - 92 damage per shot, 46 shots/min., ~49 dmg/sec.

Meh...this is probably why I shelved this mission years ago; the directions are needlessly vague. :scratch2:

Last edited:
I thought I'd update this topic to give it resolution. It turned out to be my bad. I returned to Dyke Island to see if I needed to collect 100 Daikiba trophy heads or something...and after shooting a couple, I promptly got a notification that the mission was completed.

So, I must've ran out of patience at about 98 kills, and since there's no counter or anything, I had no idea how many kills I actually made. I was also low on ammo after Wave 8. When I returned, I hit 100 and another mission crossed off the list.

If you do this mission, and do it alone, you'll get pretty close to 100 kills if you get through all the waves. If not, just go back and wrap it up. It would be nice if there was a kill counter, though...

Back