News: Known Issues Regarding Visa/Mastercard Payments on http://account.entropiauniverse.com

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
A number of Entropia Universe participants have reported issues in using Visa/Mastercard payment cards for deposits in the Entropia Universe Webshop.

While card payments are very complex with several involved parties, our payment provider Nets has informed MindArk that they have identified a technical issue related to a number of rejected purchases during the last few months. This issue should now be resolved.

Separately, some Entropia Universe participants have experienced issues related to the 3D Secure security protocol. With 3D Secure, payments are always verified independently from the card information by various methods of two-factor authentication, e.g. an extra login on the card issuer’s website, a verification text message, or some other means.

While 3D Secure and two-factor authentication have become mandatory for all payments in Europe, some international card payments still fail due to issues related to 3D Secure. MindArk recommends that all customers that experience problems with their Visa/Mastercard purchases on the https://account.entropiauniverse.com website to verify with their card issuer that the card can be used for international payments, and that 3D Secure is enabled for the card.

For payments with the ‘new card’ option, Entropia Universe support has also identified a technical issue where browser ad-block software may interfere with the payment process in the Nets payment interface. This typically is displayed as an endlessly spinning wheel. To resolve this issue, it is recommended to disable the ad-block plugin for the https://account.entropiauniverse.com site and try again. MindArk has no control over this aspect of the payment process, and cannot resolve this issue through changes to the payment website.

Participants who still experience problems using Visa/Mastercard on https://account.entropiauniverse.com are advised to file a support case and attach screenshots that show relevant error messages or faulty states in the payment process.

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the issues related to Visa/Mastercard payments and we are grateful for your ongoing patience and support.

Originally Posted Here

If Lucy pulls the football again ...

Yeah I'm sure ill keep trying.

Forgetting the ad blocker on sites that depend on critical scripts is a user fault, of course. The rest... maybe, maybe not. I don't trust any financial institution that says "technical blahblah", more often than not they have their fingers crossed behind their backs and show you a set of shiny teeth. But you have to work with it and it's the best you can do on your side, therefore thank you for the detailed information. There are other issues where such communication is badly needed.

Just tried again. Still not fixed. Sent support case and screenshot. All correct at my end. Mindark still has a few hurdles to get over till mastercard works I suspect

Same here. Still doesnt work.

Updating with the FACT I contacted my bank whom informed me that there is no error with my mastercard or at my end. So mindark needs to do better.
Awaiting further information MA

Updating with the FACT I contacted my bank whom informed me that there is no error with my mastercard or at my end. So mindark needs to do better.
Awaiting further information MA
Checked with my bank also, same problem.

Mentioned this in another thread as well:
If you run something like PiHole in your network, make sure to disable that too. That was causing payment issues for me.

Have tried with 2 different PC's and an Android phone. And with 3 different browsers. So as much as everyone likes to think they are experts. I would much prefer mindark release official statements. Thank you

Usually never have problems but now I do.
"Refused by acquirer.Payment declinedTry again or choose another payment type"

Usually never have problems but now I do.
"Refused by acquirer.Payment declinedTry again or choose another payment type"
I'll add on I'm having the exact same problem. The problem definitely has not been fixed. I also called up my credit card company just to be sure, and they had no record of a purchase even being attempted much less rejected and to check with the website I was trying to purchase from instead.

FYI, here's an update from My on Discord when I mentioned this latest post:

The information that's available at this moment is the one you linked below. If you are still experiencing issues please write a support case and provide us with as much information as possible, including screenshots, in order for us to try and help you further.

Same problem for me. I can't deposit

Just tried again and it works now (confirmation via my bank app)

Old card expired, got new card, first purchase from webshop with it, works as always. Mastercard, EU.

Dont work for me, i tried with visa and master debit cards.

Still not working here either. I also tried a different newer MasterCard based one I have too, and no luck.

Still the same rejected by acquirer message..

Updating my support case about it

Almost gonna say you want my money or not 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The problem is that some payment systems (cards, Paypal, some banks) have deemed MA "gambling" so they are refusing to allow us to fund this habit of ours. My MasterCard (when I called them about a declined charge) told me that they will not allow their cards to fund a known gambling site.

So I just used another card (Visa) and it worked.

The problem is that some payment systems (cards, Paypal, some banks) have deemed MA "gambling" so they are refusing to allow us to fund this habit of ours. My MasterCard (when I called them about a declined charge) told me that they will not allow their cards to fund a known gambling site.

This is very unlogical for me. If i want to gamble with my money thats not MasterCard problem. Very wierd from MasterCard. Also use same and have problem with MC but also with maestro and visa card. Manage to buy keys only with visa which is connected with foreign currency account. Hope they will reslove this.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe this. When purchases like that are declined for sites that have been flagged, many times you will receive a phone call from your bank or whoever your card issuer is, (you did not talk to Mastercard) or you will call them and they will approve it once they have confirmed that it is you making the purchase, so that they have it on record in case you decide to make up a story that your card was stolen and used on one of these sites. What you are saying
told me that they will not allow their cards to fund a known gambling site.
is absolute nonsense to me. Do not take this as an attack from me, but more as me pointing out that you may be slightly embellishing a story.

Last edited:
Ignorance is no excuse for bad manners, but, then again, it can be, I guess.

EU is known amongst all payment providers. As I said, and I have a few more years dealing with EU, MA and life than you do, many providers (banks, cards, Paypal, etc) will not allow you to make payments to a know gambling site. Synchrony Bank (which issues cards for Paypal) will instantly decline any charge to any MA account.

While many of my funding accounts have no problem, in my investigations as to this interruption of my playtime, it all stems back to an internal policy made to "protect us" from ourselves.

Sorry but I understand what you're getting at and it makes sense. But that's not how PayPal or mastercard or visa work. Yes they have flags for bad merchants but I've never had a problem depositing to EU with any of those mentioned payment providers. I've used PayPal many times to depo before they removed it with no issue same with the rest of my banks.

From what I understand from my bank and from EU support their payment system isn't even actually putting a charge through at all for some people. While others simply have a browser or card issue. All three of these problems are valid but I haven't seen a single person lately mention that their bank is blocking it. On the contrary the most common issue at this time is no charge reaching your bank. At least this is what MA support told me and my bank.

No flame intended i just think you might be thinking of perhaps older issues.

tried to deposit with both master and visa card today and in the past 2 months both card had worked multiple times, now saying declined from acquirer and to keep trying other payments, called up my master, visa, and debit card all 3 said they did not decline any charges, and nothing have even popped up on their end. seriously MinkArk if all those gambling sites in the EU is able to accept bitcoin and ether as a direct payment of deposit and withdrawals with all the fees passed on to the clients, maybe, just maybe it's time for you to consider that as an option, lots of companies are more than happy to be middle man and aide the process along, and believe me many many of us are more than happy to pay the extra fees since we pay it anyways on deposits and withdraws already. I understand many that plays this game think crypto is a scam or whatever, but use a middle man, you get ur funds instantly and relieve urself from all risk of volatility and we get a stable method to deposit and withdraw while we incur the fees, win-win, and it's an extra option not forcing it on anyone, think on it.

I have deposited with both a Mastercard and Visa within the past 24 hours with no issue.
The Mastercard was issued thru Capital One and the Visa was thru Bank of America.
Last week I also had no problem depositing with a Mastercard issued by Citi.

The above were actual deposits; however, I have also made Web Shop purchases in the same time frame with the above cards.

I 100% believe there is an issue with payments, just trying to see if maybe it is limited to specific card issuers (banks) and not Visa/MC.
Has anyone had an issue with Capital One, Bank of America, or Citi yet?
If so, I would then have to say that the issue sits with MindArk as it is not a blanket lock out from those above three card issuers.

chase visa, paypal master, chase visa debit, all transactions for just 100 keys all got "declined by acquirer" in the past if was declined by my card issuer i get an instant text message asking if it was me and if i respond yes than when trying again transaction goes right through, today didnt get any text and called up all 3 issuers and all said they got nothing or charges coming in, maybe MA wants me to cut back, clueless at this point

bump. Ridiculous. Still can not purchase keys. Getting very frustrated.
Indeed. I do understand when some minor issue dont handle for longer time but for such important topic makes me very qustionable for whole system. Its like you have gas station and you dont sell gas because of some issue....

Back