Question: (L) Armor and condition limit

TheLastKnight

Stalker
Society
Lost Renegades
Johnson Theragra Knewb
I've got a question about limited armor and the condition limit. I left EU for a few months and before I left, I was able to use limited armor all the way down to 0%, even after the condition was below 3%. As long as I didn't remove the armor, I was able to get full protection from it. Now, it seems, I have to get rid of the armor the moment it reaches the 3% condition. I've had several armors that get below 3% and when I'd get hit on that armor, the yellow chat would come up telling me that I've reached the limit of the armor, and the damage I take would be as if I didn't have armor on.

I tried to search about this....but coudn't find it (I hate this search engine).

Can anyone fill me in on this? Was this changed since the last time I was in EU? I thought it was a bonus to use (L) armor because you COULD use it past the 3% condition?

This was a very annoying change made to fix a problem MA created in the first place.

If you had enhancers on an armor part which reached 0% condition, you would not be able to remove them, because there is a small decay charge for removing enhancers. So MA ended up with a bunch of support cases and had to manually remove ppl's enhancers.

MA's lovely solution: make L armors unusable at 3%, so there is plenty of tt left to charge you for removing enhancers.

That makes sense. It sure sucks though. Guess I'll have to adapt.

+ rep for the response.

Back