(L) armor with 60% critical buff

Thanks for updating us with the support case Skorp. As I posted 4-5 pages back, it seemed far more likely that MA removed the armor than it had been sold out: no increase in tokens sold on the ingame auction and it being unlikely female parts could have sold out from a few pcf threads.

I don't personally own an EST set atm, so it's not good timing for me, but I can accept it's removal due to the balancing issues it creates. What worries me most is that Mindark seems to have been unaware of EST and the balancing issue for such a long time. And they have been creating summer/easter ring etc seemingly without this knowledge.

Mega Amateurs.

as mentioned before, removing it from the npc just increases the value of the virtually unlimted (limited) armor. there are multiple ways to fix it properly, but if that is it on the fix, it was better to leave it untouched.

Last edited:
So EST was confirmed removed, yet players still have EST sets?

Now that, is some bullshit. Either remove the item entirely and compensate players with combat tokens for the remaining TT on their armor, or don't remove it at all. Such a bunch of garbage going on here. Now every player who was fortunate enough to get an EST set before this is unjustly enriched and will continue to be advantaged over other players.

At least when EST was widely available every player could have access to it, now non-EST owners are further disadvantaged again.

Some serious bullshit.

as mentioned before, removing it from the npc just increases the value of the virtually unlimted (limited) armor. the only way to fix it properly is to refund the pieces out there with tokens.
if this is it on their fix it was better to do nothing.

well its unknown how they may proceed,

• They may remove it and do nothing
  • They may remove the armor from users, highly unlikely as it would cause massive upset
  • They change the stats for all sets and restock them again
  • They lower the buff cap

if there is a tiny bit of trust left about MA it is surely gone now. Wonder what ludvig has to say about this... as this is poison for the game.

you are right, there are other options, my main point was something else must be done

• They may remove the armor from users, highly unlikely as it would cause massive upset

Changing stats is a greater injustice than just refunding combat tokens. Combat tokens have the same markup as the armor, it would be a fair solution. Avatars can then use the tokens or sell them.

removing the armor from the trade is an unjust enrichment and I'm thoroughly pissed about it unless further action is taken.

There needed to be some transparency with this. This is a disappointing step backwards for MA.

P.S. Once again, where's Ludvig?

i mean i get that they dont notice it beforehand due to hoarding or whatever market manipulation but after the removal there should have been an immediate notice about that to stay clear.

Changing stats is a greater injustice than just refunding combat tokens. Combat tokens have the same markup as the armor, it would be a fair solution. Avatars can then use the tokens or sell them.

removing the armor from the trade is an unjust enrichment and I'm thoroughly pissed about it unless further action is taken.

There needed to be some transparency with this. This is a disappointing step backwards for MA.

P.S. Once again, where's Ludvig?

Introducing the 100-odd sets of EST combat token's worth - around 2M combat tokens - would absolutely ensure they were not valued at 550%.

The only logical way to solve this buff issue was to hang fire, and introduce a sensible decay based on the buff received (i.e. dynamic decay we already see when APM goes over 100 - proportional to the extra damage received).

This decay should be introduced across all buff items and it also should be fair - rings have to maintain their values but it can't make not having the buff items absolutely prohibitive.

MA have made a real mess with these buffs; it is beginning to put the "required" up-front investment cost far too high (mod ares / adj resto minimum now).

[...] check out my hunting log, I am not profiting anymore [...]

this armor been there for years now and suddenly only now ther was a problem thats why i find it silly
Cleared up for you, Manique.

But there will still be EST armor sets in game. So now I can't hope to ever have the chance to compete... As people with those armor sets will keep them and exploit them. MA should have refunded the TT of all EST sets in combat tokens.. Or just left it the way it was. Now non-EST owners have no chance to compete

Bad move here.

You have 184 globals on EL.com and 746 posts on forum. Why are you interested in EST at all ?

as mentioned before, removing it from the npc just increases the value of the virtually unlimted (limited) armor. there are multiple ways to fix it properly, but if that is it on the fix, it was better to leave it untouched.

Stop suggesting to refund tokens as they are worth nothing if there's no EST to be bought with. Nothing should have been done with it, you should have dealt with it when it got introduced long ago... as in either use it, compensate for it, or don't bitch about it years after.

you are right, there are other options, my main point was something else must be done

You could adapt and not expect to press 'next target' for the next 10 years?

All of the sudden girts finds out the game to be dynamic and everything new becomes a threat and must be deleted?

When regular players can't adapt to the game, they leave.
When girts can't adapt to the game, the game adapts to girts.
Who would have thought Chuck Norris plays Entropia?

This is major bullshit

Reactions: cc.
Introducing the 100-odd sets of EST combat token's worth - around 2M combat tokens - would absolutely ensure they were not valued at 550%.

The only logical way to solve this buff issue was to hang fire, and introduce a sensible decay based on the buff received (i.e. dynamic decay we already see when APM goes over 100 - proportional to the extra damage received).

This decay should be introduced across all buff items and it also should be fair - rings have to maintain their values but it can't make not having the buff items absolutely prohibitive.

MA have made a real mess with these buffs; it is beginning to put the "required" up-front investment cost far too high (mod ares / adj resto minimum now).

well when i last time bought combat tokens there were worth around 300% so i think many bought for a similar price. some lose some dont but getting the tokens back would get their value back. if the price was inflated before thats not directly MAs fault.

this is a joke, it was an item available to all in game to use. Just because someone can't use it when hunting a certain mob with a modmerc and starts crying we end up in this situation.
Removing from trader was a mistake but to remove from players and substitute with tokens would be even worse.
Where do you stop?
Mod fap is so unbalanced. All should be removed and players given tt value in peds. Let's get rid of imp faps and mod restos too, they also give a big advantage. Let's see how this one pans out over the next few weeks but I'm sure I'm not the only one who won't take kindly to MA messing with what's in my inventory.

this is a joke, it was an item available to all in game to use. Just because someone can't use it when hunting a certain mob with a modmerc and starts crying we end up in this situation.
Removing from trader was a mistake but to remove from players and substitute with tokens would be even worse.
Where do you stop?
Mod fap is so unbalanced. All should be removed and players given tt value in peds. Let's get rid of imp faps and mod restos too, they also give a big advantage. Let's see how this one pans out over the next few weeks but I'm sure I'm not the only one who won't take kindly to MA messing with what's in my inventory.

it's similar in a way to the Stolen Imperial Armor on Cyrene, the armor was replaced and all us early adopters got to keep the armor intact. I would suggest the same for the EST, difference is, EST is still (L) so it will slowly degrade and in a few years its gone for everyone, unless your really careful with what you hunt

it's similar in a way to the Stolen Imperial Armor on Cyrene, the armor was replaced and all us early adopters got to keep the armor intact. I would suggest the same for the EST, difference is, EST is still (L) so it will slowly degrade and in a few years its gone for everyone, unless your really careful with what you hunt

I agree, I don't think they will change EST.

Last edited:
[...]this is a whichhunt[...]

IMHO there's no hunt here, this is 100% fully on you.
Never before the game had changed based on useful tutorials and such (since you think vodka's thread had any impact in MA's 'wise' decition to remove the EST); ppl saying for a long time Ls are better then 'never' items before lvl 100. I don't see MA removing Ls because of that. Stupid example but this situation is pure BS.

The armor itself isn't a problem. The fact that it's removed while other avatars still have it is the problem. Removing it from the token trader was a horrible idea. The way I see it they had two options:

1) leave EST the way it was; or
2) remove EST entirely, including from avatar inventories

Now we have limbo where some players are grossly advantaged over others.

Support ticket created for the armor to be removed properly. Stop crying until that is done if you wanted that armor you already had it if not then you can still buy one.

Support ticket created for the armor to be removed properly. Stop crying until that is done if you wanted that armor you already had it if not then you can still buy one.

Crying is what you have been doing since day 1....

Mass support tickets for the armor to be restocked then.

If this is how a single player has to impose his will over the entire community... so be it.

So now we got the confirmation MA did this, which is plain and clear, a fucking joke.

Refunding tokens - Stupid idea, most ppl wanted the tokens for the armor only, the other options are vehicles which for most, not interesting at all.

This killed some of the trust I still had, this shows that if they want, there is going to be things changed at their will on any items.

Now since smilgs started the hate wave on EST

Should i start on imk2 ? cos people Got sillier higher eco on paper vs other players? unbalanced, fix it!
Mod merc, should it be nerfed? It gets overloaded dmg that makes it benifict of A pills like no other gun, unfair!!! if ppl with ranged guns cant benifict of A pills, why should Mod Merc users do.
Mod faps!!! REMOVE now! 1 pec 160 health plus making you next to imortal in pvp, what sort of bs is that? change it or make them L!

List could go on for a while and so my sarcasm

As for now, I will consider selling some stuff because nothing is safe at all
Players should ADAPT to live, which a lot did, and some feel behind, players SHOULDNT cry to MA to change things for their benifict, yet they did and took that advantage.

Nothing against you but hey, I dont think it'll be good advertising for osseos Land no more, I know a lot hunted them with EST in team, why to pay your tax if they can hunt them untaxed too?

If this is how a single player has to impose his will over the entire community... so be it.

Its useless :)
Once again the mid range player gets fucked for the cries of higher lvl investors / Players

This will SURELLY help ppl's trust and believe in MA :)

If the decision was indeed based on one player's ranting or a claim that it's unbalanced, then yeah that would be extremely disappointing... However, MA may have has another reason for removing the armor and Smilgs could have just been ranting at a coincidental time.

It's been no secret that the armor can be exploited, maybe the popularity of the exploit is, in fact, what cause MA to remove the armor.

Everyone gets EST = MA starts bleeding cash from superior Eco.

Its useless :)
Once again the mid range player gets fucked for the cries of higher lvl investors / Players

Mid-range players are the most disadvantaged group in EU... But also the most popular, so that would make sense.. But EST was a way of competing against uber players' dpp.. Now that's lost.

If the decision was indeed based on one player's ranting or a claim that it's unbalanced, then yeah that would be extremely disappointing... However, MA may have has another reason for removing the armor and Smilgs could have just been ranting at a coincidental time.

It's been no secret that the armor can be exploited, maybe the popularity of the exploit is, in fact, what cause MA to remove the armor.

I'll grab the example i gave before
I dont think it was for example a coicidence MA bend the rules when they gave the OA105 back to joe jeff for a suddenly new rule?
Dont think so

Removing EST is wrong imo. What is the rationale for making them unavailable now? Because some who decided not to buy it and take advantage of the perks now think it is unfair because it doesn't fit their hunting style or their mobs?

Changing the stats in any way on EST would be complete and utter bullsh!t. Imagine buying a Ferrari and weeks later, the government steps in, goes to your garage and replaces the high performance engine in your Ferrari with a crappy Hyundai motor because people think it isn't fair that some have a nice car while others decided for some reason not to buy the ferrari even though it was available and relatively affordable to all if they wanted it.

Players who can't/don't know how to adapt are rewarded while those who try to improve their lot by adapting and trying to work out how to help themselves survive by using what's available to them in this game get screwed.

Man, it's true what they say, "The squeekiest wheel gets the oil."

This is some fncking Nanny State bullsh!t

This killed some of the trust I still had, this shows that if they want, there is going to be things changed at their will on any items.

explosives was removed from loot
blueprints was removed from loot - various kind (svempas, vrx rockets, isis lp485....)
lf type guns and others was removed from loot

I would not stress so much really :)

Of coures, super bad timing, when one of players start to complain about est because it cannot be used by itself its bad rep decision.

but it is how it is :) game is dynamics, this armors was in game like 4 years?

and i would be really calm, since mindark never changes stats of already existing items, and not removes it form any inventory :) that i could give 10000%

//mg

although i do own an set of est,the armor in combination with rings/buffs/impmk2 may simply have been to good,

i dont know how loot works,but suppose that with est and all the buffs it was possible to proft tt -wise on an steady basis then ma had to remove it for the survival of ma itself

but with just removing it from the trader they enlarged the gap between those that have and use and those that dont have it

having said that,id hate it if they removed it from my inventory :p
but i reckon theres no other option

Let's make a list of all the brilliant things MindArk could do next:

• all crafting ingredients available at TT
  • remove laser and blp ammo from TT
  • remove permanent repair terminals and have only ultra-rare portable repair terminals

Mid-range players are the most disadvantaged group in EU... But also the most popular, so that would make sense.. But EST was a way of competing against uber players' dpp.. Now that's lost.

Well well, what an amazing coincidence that would be don't you think? The armor has been here for a very long time, suddenly one player who claims to have direct line with MA complains and days later it's removed.

And the armor itself is not an exploit, it was pretty much the only affordable way to improve your eco a bit. See? I said a bit because that's the truth, you would need a massive investment for it to have a bigger impact (easter ring? perfected ares? ...).

What has happened is that someone saw his position at the top of the food chain in peril and, instead of adapting to the new game meta decided to be a kid and just complain.

Let's see how things work out, I expect some kind of announcement from MindArk about this whole mess.

Whatever the outcome may be I hope the community remembers who cares about them, and who cares exclusively about his profit. There is certain land area I will recommend not to step foot in, there you go.

Normally I don't take sides and just try to play dumb and joke around to cheer people up but what is happening here is the lamest shit I have ever seen.

Good riddance.

PS: This will be my last word on it, I don't want to contribute to more drama.

although i do own an set of est,the armor in combination with rings/buffs/impmk2 may simply have been to good,

i dont know how loot works,but suppose that with est and all the buffs it was possible to proft tt -wise on an steady basis then ma had to remove it for the survival of ma itself

but with just removing it from the trader they enlarged the gap between those that have and use and those that dont have it

having said that,id hate it if they removed it from my inventory :p
but i reckon theres no other option

in time it will decay same as reworked infiltrator did

Back