Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
When I max out an L weapon and continue using it, do I:
A. Stop gaining skill entirely
B. Gain skill but without the bonus

I assume it is B, but I decided I better ask.

You assume correctly, B is the answer :)

still get skills just not the bonus anymore

You still gain skills but no longer get the bonus so you option B ^^

Kaza

well 3 out of 4 replies within a minute

it was a flamebait thread

Of course, this does not mean you will lose the bonus on other SIB/L weapons when you move up the ladder.

well 3 out of 4 replies within a minute

it was a flamebait thread

Indeed, the newbies have to ask tougher questions. :laugh:

Indeed, the newbies have to ask tougher questions. :laugh:

heres one thats on topic even...

once you are no longer in the SIB period (advanced beyond it) are your skill gains equal to a non-SIB weapon ... better ... worse?

please provide documented proof.

along the same lines is it better to use a SIB weapon in the SIB range without a 10/10 (ex. 7.0/8.5) for skill gains or to use a weapon you have maxed 10/10 and out of the SIB on?

As far as I can tell, I get a certain amount of skills per PED cycled through the weapon. There is a large element of randomness in the timing of the skill checks, but over several days it becomes apparent that I get about 1 Rifle point per 50 PED ammo, regardless of which Carbine I use. Using a gun that delivers 10 dmg/sec takes longer than one that does 40, but at the end of the ammo, the skill gain is the same.

With active SIB, I also received more extra skills upon killing a creature than when the SIB runs out, so the rate was probably faster. However, the last time I was able to use a weapon on which I have active SIB was quite a while ago, so it is hard to compare.

The advantage of using a maxed weapon is having better eco with it. Using an active SIB weapon, i.e. not maxed, results in faster skilling, at the expense of some eco. What is better for you depends on what you are trying to achieve, and how much you are willing to spend on it.

yes i think so also more ammo spent in one hour is more skills

i use mk5 atm and get skills worth 5 ped TT of rifle chip a day.

a socmate of mine uses foeripper gets 30-40 TT of rifle chip a day

Back