Lag Issue

Aura Lily

Old Alpha
Society
wannabe cK n00b
Aura Chlorene Lily
OK this think is on the verge of being conspiracy theory but it goes like this:

Everyone has experienced the momentary pause with a new gd enters your radar. Lately, I have been getting these huge lag storms along with this these that last around 2,5 minutes. I have reduced my video to safe mode and still have this happens. As a result I have made a point to check each gd that had just entered my radar. In the case where I was hunting Levi's I swim over and see who they are and get close enough to see them clearly. On CP I had samething happen. New gd's on the edge of radar and lag storm ensues. Funny part is not all gd's on the edge of my radar cause this but some do and the ones that cause this all have something in common. Frakking wings. Any other time I am hunting and there are no gd's around no lag storms.

I say ban the suckers or atleast have the person that made them figure out what is wrong with the geometry. Likely not properly tesselated or something like that causing my dummy video card to interput it as bad geometry.

nVidia 9800 gtx btw - huge bandwidth cable hookup 18 mb/sec - overclocked cpu 3.0 gigas - 4 giga ram - othere .. etc geeky stuff

I used to have that also, but last weeks it just seems gone..
turning of vista firewall helped a lot :D

Old school supremacy caused such bad lag that it was practically a weapon at the rig and in LG.

Old atrax were a huge problem too.

I haven't noticed it with wings, but it wouldnt surprise me.

With VU10 came the implementation of "Dynamic" lag. It was put there to hide any algorithms which players were getting closer to "cracking" over the last several years. I suspect that the loot distribution system is being "re-written" and at some point in the future the new system will be implemented and the lag removed. That will prevent getting lag when FRAPS is telling us we're running at 75 fps. lol

Menace

Back