Land Plots and Land Plot "Tokens"

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
Just a note to everyone wanting to get into land plots and land plot tokens now.... I want to point a couple things:

Before you go buy those tokens, just remember - they said it was not being updated.

Outside of the above link, I was also told it was flat out abandoned (instead of near future) when my Arkadia land plot was not functional - received big red warnings when trying to build. It was abandoned by the platform makers (Mindark).

Invest wisely and with this in mind. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Could it be due to they move to UE? I mean "wait until UE comes" seems to be the universal solution for excisting problems
and new features in the future.... ;)

They say a lot of things. They said Ranked Scorpion would never be auctionable and it was meant to be that way, not even 6months later I found out it now can. But fair warning.
A hard no can turn to a maybe or a yes in this alternate Universe of ours

As I mentioned in another thread, I own ten of the newly separated tokens, but my personal opinion is that the current AH situation is way off balance in terms of price. I am thus not going to Caly to make a quick buck out of selling them (or attempting to).

As additional info, back when plots were sold on Caly, the lowest number of CLDs needed (they were then converted to CLD(X) ) was in theory I think nine, but it was a decreasing auction at each claim marker, so most plots went for more than that. Thus, even if new plots are issued in 2025, nothing currently suggests one token will equal the rights to one plot!!!
Also, larger plots than the smallest also required trading in composite planks which cost additional peds to craft/buy. Make your decisions, but be aware...

They say a lot of things. They said Ranked Scorpion would never be auctionable and it was meant to be that way, not even 6months later I found out it now can. But fair warning.
A hard no can turn to a maybe or a yes in this alternate Universe of ours

Maze Hammer (L) can go UL
Old Witches Broom (L) can go UL
'Tradeable' Bukin's Blade went untradeable after I lent it to someone..... :D

next up on "wont change" Unstable Turrelion Assassinator now available across all planets.

'Tradeable' Bukin's Blade went untradeable after I lent it to someone..... :D
This is an absurd state of affairs. Over time it increasingly feels like Entropia is being played by its developers, with players just coming along for the ride. It's like when your friend makes you play all of their pre-scripted, linear RPG Maker creations; the most substantial part of the game was creating the game, and the end user is one step of agency away from watching a movie.

As I mentioned in another thread, I own ten of the newly separated tokens, but my personal opinion is that the current AH situation is way off balance in terms of price. I am thus not going to Caly to make a quick buck out of selling them (or attempting to).

As additional info, back when plots were sold on Caly, the lowest number of CLDs needed (they were then converted to CLD(X) ) was in theory I think nine, but it was a decreasing auction at each claim marker, so most plots went for more than that. Thus, even if new plots are issued in 2025, nothing currently suggests one token will equal the rights to one plot!!!
Also, larger plots than the smallest also required trading in composite planks which cost additional peds to craft/buy. Make your decisions, but be aware...
I concur with the above statement, do not be tempted to sell your land tokens hastily unless u need the peds. I believe MA extract those tokens from CLD for some reasons, right now we dont know what it is, but i would advise not to sell it and not to buy it (unless very cheap :D) , keep monitoring the development for now :) cheers :)

Thanks for the comment :). Personally, I believe the tokens were created to keep alive the distinction between CLDs and CLD(X) that had been used already for buying plots. There had generally been a price difference between CLD and CLD(X) on the AH, presumably for that distinction, and MA decided to keep that alive. It may only be the faint possibility of a use in the future or a strong possibility, we just don't know.

However, I really disliked the lack of clarity, especially considering that a 'token' might be understood as a 1:1 right to a land plot, in the same way that one UE5 token will convert to one UE5 share once UE5 is launched.

On the positive side, yes, a speculative estimation that maybe 10-15 tokens will get someone a small plot of land in UE5 may make them worth whatever speculative amount, but MA have enough work on their hands with the core move, let alone proper functions for land plots, so it is very uncertain what features will be playable from the start of UE5 in 2025 (expected).

I've not checked the AH today, but now that people have had more time to assess their thoughts, I'd sell my ten for 120 peds each, as opposed to the ca. 200 peds they started off at. I still think that price is speculative, but if someone wants them, then ok. Maybe the price is lower already - dunno. Just saying - and I'm on Cyrene at the mo.

Stables??
What's with the question marks -- the plan to render them worthless must have been in the drawers at the time they were sold. A few implausibly short months later, it began raining cats and dogs, literally...

One wants to believe* that there is no intent in such coincidences, but any future setup will only be watched ever more closely with every generation of investors that feels duped. I'm still satisfied that I never went into any of these things and feel no reason to change that. Still a nice game I'd like to continue playing without it getting spoiled this way. A real investment isn't a toy and there are good reasons the real world puts some obstacles in the way of property developers changing their mind between sale and fulfillment.

So now we have a kind of tokens which are a "known unknown", is this progress or what? Lol.

(* I said -wants-)

Thanks for the comment :). Personally, I believe the tokens were created to keep alive the distinction between CLDs and CLD(X) that had been used already for buying plots. There had generally been a price difference between CLD and CLD(X) on the AH, presumably for that distinction, and MA decided to keep that alive. It may only be the faint possibility of a use in the future or a strong possibility, we just don't know.

However, I really disliked the lack of clarity, especially considering that a 'token' might be understood as a 1:1 right to a land plot, in the same way that one UE5 token will convert to one UE5 share once UE5 is launched.

On the positive side, yes, a speculative estimation that maybe 10-15 tokens will get someone a small plot of land in UE5 may make them worth whatever speculative amount, but MA have enough work on their hands with the core move, let alone proper functions for land plots, so it is very uncertain what features will be playable from the start of UE5 in 2025 (expected).

I've not checked the AH today, but now that people have had more time to assess their thoughts, I'd sell my ten for 120 peds each, as opposed to the ca. 200 peds they started off at. I still think that price is speculative, but if someone wants them, then ok. Maybe the price is lower already - dunno. Just saying - and I'm on Cyrene at the mo.
No worries bro, its always good to exchange opinions, can make better decisions :) In my opinion, should not sell those tokens for 120 peds, not even 500peds. You might ask why. MA issued 60K CLD many years ago during the Land Plot system, after people build structures on those lands (9, 18, 27, 54) those CLD are marked with X. You need 9 CLD to build a small structure on the land. Right now Land plot system have been abandoned but they said will revive it again in the future. My point is, the number of plot tokens out in public is less than 15K now, imagine how valuable they are if MA revive the Land Plot system again, i sincerely believe they are worth the initial PO price of 1000 peds each (could worth more), at least. https://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/land-plots/

Lastly i was told by MA that those who pawn CLD to banks during the conversion (loan vouchers gone) will get compensated at a later stage, so not to worry on that :) Cheers :)

Could it be due to they move to UE? I mean "wait until UE comes" seems to be the universal solution for excisting problems
and new features in the future.... ;)
I like how "fixed with Unreal 5" is kind of the go to bandaid solution and thing we expect now.
It makes me wonder how many other things would be better with UE5...

Vehicle mechanic: " Your radiator has a large hole in it and needs replaced"
Me: "What if you had Unreal Engine 5, could you fix it then?"

Yes, ;), when you look at what MA has or hasn't done with a perfectly reasonable vehicle (engine), what do you expect from them if given a racing car?
Thus, UE5 offers a whole new field of potential, but how much of it will be used at all, and how much of it will be used well in what timeframe?

the number of plot tokens out in public is less than 15K now
What makes you sure of this? My assumption was that only something like 5k of the 60k deeds became converted to (X), a rough figure because the reverse auction for the plots consumed more than the minimums, but there were not a huge number of plots.
Even if 10k were consumed, I'd still expect there to be 50k tokens now floating around.

edit: if the intention becomes one of each player getting access to 'property' in UE5, I'd either expect blocks of flats similar to those in the poorly utilised towns that are even older than the plots, or instance entrances for multiple 'land areas' around a town square or so. But as I have said, MA may be hard pushed to implement much of even what they have firmly planned by the time of the rollout...

edit2: and ahhh, yes, that link to the MA advertising and explanation of land plots should be read by everyone... for 'nostalgic' purposes?!

Last edited:
Yes, ;), when you look at what MA has or hasn't done with a perfectly reasonable vehicle (engine), what do you expect from them if given a racing car?
Thus, UE5 offers a whole new field of potential, but how much of it will be used at all, and how much of it will be used well in what timeframe?

What makes you sure of this? My assumption was that only something like 5k of the 60k deeds became converted to (X), a rough figure because the reverse auction for the plots consumed more than the minimums, but there were not a huge number of plots.
Even if 10k were consumed, I'd still expect there to be 50k tokens now floating around.

edit: if the intention becomes one of each player getting access to 'property' in UE5, I'd either expect blocks of flats similar to those in the poorly utilised towns that are even older than the plots, or instance entrances for multiple 'land areas' around a town square or so. But as I have said, MA may be hard pushed to implement much of even what they have firmly planned by the time of the rollout...

edit2: and ahhh, yes, that link to the MA advertising and explanation of land plots should be read by everyone... for 'nostalgic' purposes?!
It can't be left with 50K :) if you count the number of structures build on Southern Ithaca, Livas, Isle of Troy and Hestia settlement, u will notice it has taken up a huge chunk of the 60K land plots token. A simple example, there are 52 plots of land in Isle of Troy, 36 plots belongs to Small; and "Small" requires 27 CLD. Try to multiply all the plots in the 4 settlements and u will get the answer. Plus i am holding to 5xxx numbers of land tokens.
Take note that there are other lands in calypso which also has taken up land tokens but we have not yet counted them in, we are only taking into account of the 4 settlements (South Ithaca, Livas, Isle of Troy & Hestia).
Cheers~~

"Small" requires 27 CLD
That was the beginning of the reverse auction, not the requirement. The later (two?) settlements saw less demand, even.

And what do you mean by structures? I don't recall the snug taking up any extra CLD conversions, nor the vegetable boxes.
If you have 5xxx tokens, then that's a pretty big load of CLDs there. Are you a maximus or so?

Should we do the maths together?
Other wise, all good... :)

I like how "fixed with Unreal 5" is kind of the go to bandaid solution and thing we expect now.
It makes me wonder how many other things would be better with UE5...

Vehicle mechanic: " Your radiator has a large hole in it and needs replaced"
Me: "What if you had Unreal Engine 5, could you fix it then?"
UE will most definitly change things and improve excisting features, but no engine is 100% perfect so problems
will occur and ofc it also depends on how good their programmers are.
The positive thing is that MA is not limited on what they can do when it comes to the license as they are with CE2MA edition. ;)

Interesting times ahead for sure... :)

A small land plot is worth like 3k ped.

let’s say it takes 10 tokens to buy it to round. Each should then be worth less than 300 as there are other tt materials needed to claim the plot anyways.

That was the beginning of the reverse auction, not the requirement. The later (two?) settlements saw less demand, even.

And what do you mean by structures? I don't recall the snug taking up any extra CLD conversions, nor the vegetable boxes.
If you have 5xxx tokens, then that's a pretty big load of CLDs there. Are you a maximus or so?

Should we do the maths together?
Other wise, all good... :)
Hi there good morning mate :) maybe u are right on the snug, but surely it cant be left with 50k tokens out there, come online and i will show you some stuffs :) Nah not a maximus but i just love doing trades and business in EU, makes me very happy to see my ped card grow everyday. Cheers mate, have a wonderful weekend :)

I concur with the above statement, do not be tempted to sell your land tokens hastily unless u need the peds. I believe MA extract those tokens from CLD for some reasons, right now we dont know what it is, but i would advise not to sell it and not to buy it (unless very cheap :D) , keep monitoring the development for now :) cheers :)
Am happily anticipating the arrival of revamping Land Plot system in year 2025 :)

Back