Laptops?

dean

Elite
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to make this post so moderate please move it if i screwed up.

anyway im looking for a Laptop as my desktop PC isnt amazing and its shared with other family members so its very slowww cus of all the files, anyway i have a question...
1) will EU work with windows vista basic pack?

Ok i have about £350 saved so far,so ill be willing to pay at the max £550 so if anyone can recomend me a nice laptop which will Run EU without any problems and have at lest 80G of harddrive let me know :)

Why don't you add a harddrive and make a new partition with a clean install of Windows? That would be just the files you need with all the graphical drivers, DirectX, ... you need for gaming. Much cheaper than buying a new laptop.

Of course this is only a good idea if you're happy with the specs of your desktop ;)

Well I'm running EU on a laptop with Vista. My laptop's a fair bit better than the one you advertised, but I'd say the laptop specs aren't going to be a problem. It's the Vista thing you should consider.

EU doesn't support Vista so there are a few issues... Although I (eventually) managed to get it working with Vista, installing (and updating directx) can be a problem, unless you're familiar with changing compatability modes, etc. As for actually running the game, I haven't got any really big problems... One pretty annoying thing, though is something I've discovered is quite common among Vista users, and thats a crash. Every time I die (being a noob, that's often), the game crashes to the desktop and I have to wait about a minute before i can re-log.

TBH although it's annoying, it doesn't really effect the game itself, other than make me more vigilant to NOT die!

:acid:

Back