Left Handers

Is there anyway to have the mouse buttons switched for left handers?

Buy a left hand mouse :)

041006b.jpg

Why not just switch buttons as usual in Windows... ?

Is there anyway to have the mouse buttons switched for left handers?

Windows Control panel, and select mouse.
There is an option to swap buttons.

all your mouse commands go through windows :)
EU runs ONTO windows
so yes it will work ;)

hehe, im left handed too, but I use the mouse with my right hand:D

I had tried different settings in both Win and EU options with various degrees of success but after getting a dedicated left-hand mouse a few months ago (actually the one MrSmith suggests further up this thread) everything worked perfectly.

Top recommendations for that mouse - get it :cool:

Works for me.

OK, fair enough, it works.

(had I posted your original post I would have posted "Windows Control panel, and select mouse.
Works for me.")

;)

recent research suggests left handedness is genetic. Makes sense that it is, but I wonder why it is not 50% of the population?

It has also been stated (but may be an urban myth) that large mediaeval castles would have 1 spiral stair-case in 5 a right handed spiral (roughly the population of left to right handers), so that the left handed swords-men would be able to defend it better than they could defend a left handed spiral stair case.

I was raised to see lefthandedness as weak handicapped people failing to adapt :rolleyes: .... guess thats not to political correct thou :laugh:

recent research suggests left handedness is genetic. Makes sense that it is, but I wonder why it is not 50% of the population?

Because genetics is more complicated then that :) you have regressive genes and dominant genes, and if men are more likely to have some defects that stem from X cromosomes, since women have two of them, and things like that, messing up the statistics :)

I don't know any details of what causes lefthandedness though

I was raised to see lefthandedness as weak handicapped people failing to adapt :rolleyes: .... guess thats not to political correct thou :laugh:

Some researchers claim that lefthanded people are even better then righthanded on some things, like quicker reaction times, and I think also intelligens tests.
So handicapped is far from true :)

(no, I am right handed :) )

OK, fair enough, it works.

(had I posted your original post I would have posted "Windows Control panel, and select mouse.
Works for me.")

;)

It has also been stated (but may be an urban myth) that large mediaeval castles would have 1 spiral stair-case in 5 a right handed spiral (roughly the population of left to right handers), so that the left handed swords-men would be able to defend it better than they could defend a left handed spiral stair case.

I was once on a tour of a castle near Brussels, and that question came up. The tour guide knew nothing of this, and pointed out that this particular castle had no such accommodation.

In those days, he said, most lefties were taught to use their right had like "normal" people, it seems.

Because genetics is more complicated then that :) you have regressive genes and dominant genes, and if men are more likely to have some defects that stem from X cromosomes, since women have two of them, and things like that, messing up the statistics :)

I don't know any details of what causes lefthandedness though

Well, if it started out as a genetic variation, you would see a small percentage, and as the gene pool mixes, it would take some deliberate tinkering to get the mix to 50%

If you start out with 6 people, and one is a lefty, then unless the lefties had a higher survival rate among the ones of reproduction age, you would see the percentages remain at very close to the same 1/6 distribution.

If for some reason, being lefty became a survivability skill, giving them a superior chance of surviving, then the distribution would change of a few generations, and eventually the right handed ones would become the minority.

This is assuming that Darwin's theories on natural select are correct, of course.

Another note.
My uncle (great uncle, actually) was a lefty, and he was forced to learn to write and use his right hand. Then due to an injury, he lost his right arm, and had to learn all over again how to use his left.

im a lefty and proud of it, i do everything with my left hand except use a mouse lol. My dad is left handed too, but uses his right hand a lot too, he may be ambidextrous, but his family was all righties so since my mom and brother are right handed and he learned to use a mouse right handed(wow i woder if they had computers back then) i had to adapt and use my right hand. Oh and about lefties being more intelligent i completely agree muahahahaha.

Back