LG Claim Loss Timing Change, FYI.

Heap

Old Alpha
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Yem Heap Pyite
http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2009/04/08/8348/index.xml

It's clearly stated in the link above (at this moment) that when all members of a soc die there is ~30 seconds before another soc can claim the land marker. In HU's fight today we found that isn't correct, it's ~10 secs.

It would be interesting to hear from MA why that was changed? It sure plays into the favor of the mega alliance making it even harder for a soc to maintain the claim under fire.

I think this change in operating function without notification is BS.

I'm not blaming the socs that took over the claim by any means but I would like to know why this change was made by MA...

Yep same thing at our claim, was less then 10sec and warants took it. That is more then just a few seconds off the 30 :mad:

I don't know for 100% whats going on atm, but I think this rule can also be in favour of the socs outside the alliance that just want to screw around and reset the timer of the alliance that stand solo while waiting for support to come from other areas?

I don't know for 100% whats going on atm, but I think this rule can also be in favour of the socs outside the alliance that just want to screw around and reset the timer of the alliance that stand solo while waiting for support to come from other areas?

I suppose in some cases that could be true but lets admit, a fast reset favors brute force over tatical planning...

sorry didnt think to tell it to you , i am sorry...but yes , claim are reset in less than 30 second... we find it was just 10 sec , and event you have to be very very close to the claim before that 10 sec are finish...

I think this might have been implemented to prevent the "log in one soc member if claim goes red just before 30 secs end, if he is found in his tree/rock and dies, log in the next, etc. until those who died can return" strategy.

I think this might have been implemented to prevent the "log in one soc member if claim goes red just before 30 secs end, if he is found in his tree/rock and dies, log in the next, etc. until those who died can return" strategy.

OK, I can see that as being the cause for the change but when did that happen for MA to decide a change was necessary? It didn't happen on Wed. in round 1 of the LG i can tell you that... And the rules stated 30 secs so it's something MA thought might happen since writing the rules and before the LG started? I'm not buying it. Stated rules should stand...

Last edited:
OK, I can see that as being the cause for the change but when did that happen for MA to decide a change was necessary? It didn't happen on Wed. in round 1 of the LG i can tell you that... And the rules stated 30 secs so it's something MA thought might happen since writing the rules and before the LG started? I'm not buying it. Stated rules should stand...

I think that happened a little in the last LG. It was also discussed as a strategy on this message board. But I agree that if it says ~30 seconds in the rules, it should be ~30 seconds. This was reported by someone else also, so I guess it wasn't just altered perception due to lag. Can't tell if it was programmed this way intentionally or just another bug though.

So dear MA, can we please have a statement to this undocumented change of rules during a running event?

So dear MA, can we please have a statement to this undocumented change of rules during a running event?

They will not i guess.You better write many suport case , and do it fast.

Not the first time when MA Event rules have been changed on-the-fly :laugh: Armor anyone? :silly2:

Back