Limit the deposit?

:confused:

My question is this... why would a business limit the amount of money they could bring in on a monthly basis?

MA already has a set limit of 30k ped deposit per month (with credit cards, at any rate)

Your idea, at best, is ludicrous. To get a free gold card, you must deposit 5k ped.. just a bit over $500 USD. There are people who deposit that in a week, I am sure. So what then? They can no longer play EU the way they want to play?

Perhaps the OP suggested this because he has, or knows others who have a problem controlling their own spending limit in EU.

Here is a suggestion.... if you cannot control how much cash you deposit into EU, then perhaps you should be seeking some type of assistance or counseling irl...

*in no way am I suggesting the OP has a problem controlling how much he deposits*

No, I am depositing very rarely (not too much free time to play anyway), but noticed the depo habits of some of my socmates and friends.
Maybe a test server where you can spend your money freely but can not withdraw your money would help, I dunno.

Already heard others complaining about why EU is money based, because that ruins the whole game

Errmm... How is that a reply to my post? That was exactly my point, why chose to play a real cash based game and then complain about the fact that it is real cash based:

Why not play an subscription game then? I can't get it why people chose an game for it's unique real cash ecomony and then want to remove the real cash economy? :scratch2:

(think about the old PE times, did you care about your money? not really...).

In that matter nothing has changed for me last 3 years. What changed since PE?

And the point is there, game. This is not an investment for many of us, but a game with a unique system. Keep that in mind.

Thank you, i will try. Actually not hard as i am not an investor, i just ... play. :) I have no uber stuff, no LA, nothing of real big value. What i "invested" is a lot of time from my side, and i chose EU for an good reason to spend my time here: because it is an unique system, why do you want to change that?

Anyway. I would like to see your answer to 2 questions as you say your idea is based on those issues:

... but also solve the problem when you have the money you can buy everything.

EU is free, you don't have to deposit at all to play, but we all know that you must.

How is it a problem, for you personally, that "money you can buy everything"?

Why do you claim that one must deposit to play the game when it is simply not true?

Anyway. I would like to see your answer to 2 questions as you say your idea is based on those issues:

How is it a problem, for you personally, that "money you can buy everything"?

Why do you claim that one must deposit to play the game when it is simply not true?

First question:
Think about the running video competition. In many of them you can see houses, castles, etc what you can buy. Those are promotional videos, so those will be watched by non-EU players (and that is the goal of them).
But when a newbie came what will s/he realize?
The fact that buying a castle is nearly impossible (it was only an example, you can replace to any high-priced item, be it mod fap, DOA, LA and so on).

Second question:
Basically I answered this question in the first answer.
That is not a must of course, if you have enough free time. But as others already mentioned in this thread then EU becomes a job and not as a fun/game anymore.
But if that is a wrong thing? No, I am not stating that.
But then, do we need story and events and stuff when all about the money? :scratch2:

The Beauty of EU is YOU CHOOSE how you want to play.

That choice MAY cost you money :)

How much money is costs you is UP TO YOU, depending on your level of play.

And one day you MIGHT hit an ATH.
(insert ridiculous smiley here).

:eek:

I have the following idea, which makes EU harder but also solve the problem when you have the money you can buy everything.

The idea is the following:

EU is free, you don't have to deposit at all to play, but we all know that you must.
What if MA would limit the total amount of deposit? Say you can not deposit more then the amount when you get a free gold card?

That way you must pick up everything wisely, you can not spend your money like a sailor.
What if a player reaches the limit but also lost everything? How to get money then?
In that case MA should offer an optional subscription system.
Only those can choose this option who reached the deposit limit. But don't forget, even then it is still optional.
What is the income of a subscription system?
For MA it means an income source, for the player also, because for the monthly fee we can get a fixed amount of PED.

In the current system this wouldn't work at all and the idea can be wrong.
MA must change the loot distribution and many things, probably even the exchange rates.

I just forgot, what if the player refusing to pay for a subscription after spent all the money? In that case the player should be able to do a fresh start, new avatar and can deposit again (good for MA and for us since money comes to the system).

And when the loot sucks, your gear breaks and your storage goes empty -it's just GAME OVER!?

and makeing new avatar constantly bc you go broke is a little to much dont you think???

lmao nice try mate!

Without deep reading (too lazy)...

It's not so bad idea at all actually, but I don't think this will ever happen. Ofc, the subscription seems good. Player still get the same cash for the payment, MA gets its money, and the balance between newcomers and veterans is somewhat preserved - which will not make so much new arrivals quit after a while, because the didn't want to deposit nor have the 3D chat system, with the possibility to earn a little money...

However, it's too ideallistic.

Firstly, it's not the base concept of the Entropia. EU have in mind not to divide game from reality, but somehow merge it - in fact, you're avatar is as rich as rich is you, becaucse you can always deposit all your money in and out EU w/o losing a single cent. So there is no something like "virtual currency". Entropia is a storage to your money, with the possibilities to invest it.

Secondly, they would be a lot more fraudations and EULA infringement. If the deposit wouldn't work and the player would need more money they have now, they would find an another way of depositing more cash. Depositing on new accounts (and transfering it into main avatars through friends trade or by droping/picking... wich is a 'bit' more riskier than simply depositing on avatar), buying from resellers... Which would lead to a way more scams and MA would lost a lot of money (maintaing new avatars, selling through resellers, not the EU itself...). They should also either ban those people (which would lead to a way less players) or change EULA,

Finally, lot of people would quit EU just by that discomfort. Lot of players get used to the thing it is now. Plus, what about those people who already deposited a lot?

Not a bad idea itself, but IMO it's too ideallistic...

If people came to your restaraunt or business would you limit them on what they could buy, spend or how much they could eat then why in your sane mind ( if you have one that is) would you be asking MA to limit your depo would you like it if they limited your play time??

If people came to your restaraunt or business would you limit them on what they could buy, spend or how much they could eat then why in your sane mind ( if you have one that is) would you be asking MA to limit your depo would you like it if they limited your play time??

Looks like you played monthly subscribtion game before, quit it, then came to EU and now you want to change EU to be like monthly subscribtion game you played before.

If you don't like unique EU RCE system then you can always choose something else.. :rolleyes:

Omg, this is so dumb i dont rly know what to say...ppl should make IQ tests before they start posting anywhere :duh::dunno::hammer:

ah dude just change game :D

no no no no!

MA should NOT stop people at a max deposit... although they already do since credit cards used the first time can only deposit so much in first month, etc.

MA is not the problem. Players spending more than they should is the problem. Maybe MA should have a new profession - gambling councilor, who will run all the Gamblers Anonymous meetings in game.

The Mining, Crafting, and Hunting Professions are not the ONLY profesions in game! Stop gambling if you are not getting ahead! Also stop complaining about those that might be getting further ahead than you because they have real world jobs and can afford to deposit more than you.

EU is made to be based on the real world. IRL some folks do drive 1990 Fords and some drive Porches and Lamberghinis.

Just like IRL, in EU there is a lower class, a middle class, and an upper class. Asking MA to cap the upper class so that they can just be a middle class, or asking the middle class to be the lower class is just plain silly.

Get over it.

No

Oh, how did I miss this New Year's gift? My favorite type of bad idea!

Anyway, to the OP, one word.

Choice

One more word.

Discipline

Ah, what the hell, let's go for three.

NotWOW

OK, three is not really a word, but....

:beerchug:

Miles

Back