Help: Limited Armor advise vs Rextelum

Arthurs

Old Alpha
Society
Entropy
Arthur arthur ART
Hello all. I need a little help for L armor on Rex, whats the cheapest and best way to hunt them? I was looking @ entropedia and is it Jarhead (L) + Pulsar Armour Plate 8 (L) ?

I strongly recommend Vain or Eon (L) and Pulsar 8 in addition
Reasons:
Too many Cut in low maturty (Eon + Pulsar 8 for up to Devastator)
Too much Stab in high maturity, you will need Vain.
And there are also Impact, Penetration (in second type attack) and Acid (not big amount)
Now im in last stage of Rex missions, Eon is very good for me ;)

I strongly recommend Vain or Eon (L) and Pulsar 8 in addition
Reasons:
Too many Cut in low maturty (Eon + Pulsar 8 for up to Devastator)
Too much Stab in high maturity, you will need Vain.
And there are also Impact, Penetration (in second type attack) and Acid (not big amount)
Now im in last stage of Rex missions, Eon is very good for me ;)

thx for info but damn Eon L has to much MU :/ same for vain

gl on your last stage.

Well, you have to say what Evade lvl you are, what HP you have

It's not the same for everyone, a noob might die in Vain, an uber doesn't need armor

I do them in Bear and Gremlin and kill them fast, very very often I get a critical over my HP and die

So i say Bear it's the cheapest way if you are around 30 evader and have >150 HP and 31 paramedic to use UR125

I have 30 lvl evader and 167 HP. I die in very-very rare cases if i kill a mob, bigger than Devastator.
All other critical hits is usually under my HP level, and mobs up to Strong hit me not very often (~1/2 hits - misses).

Yes, armor like Eon(L) and Vain(L) is not cheap, but they are very long life, therefore 120-150% MU is not big MU for them.

You can also try Angel (L), Paradox (UL), but Paradox gives to you great protection only from one type of attack.
So in Paradox you can recieve up to 70-80 HP damage from Rex Strong (or 10 if it is right type of attack).

Bear, Boar or other armors, they are weak protection from Cut and Penetration, hunting in these armour Rex-s is very bad (IMO).
Better results you can do in Polaris, but they not have Impact damage protection, and you can recieve up to 50 damage from Rex Strong.

I have 30 lvl evader and 167 HP. I die in very-very rare cases if i kill a mob, bigger than Devastator.
All other critical hits is usually under my HP level, and mobs up to Strong hit me not very often (~1/2 hits - misses).

Yes, armor like Eon(L) and Vain(L) is not cheap, but they are very long life, therefore 120-150% MU is not big MU for them.

You can also try Angel (L), Paradox (UL), but Paradox gives to you great protection only from one type of attack.
So in Paradox you can recieve up to 70-80 HP damage from Rex Strong (or 10 if it is right type of attack).

Bear, Boar or other armors, they are weak protection from Cut and Penetration, hunting in these armour Rex-s is very bad (IMO).
Better results you can do in Polaris, but they not have Impact damage protection, and you can recieve up to 50 damage from Rex Strong.

I wear 4 paradox parts (rest liakon and improved vigi) and I can take ravager solo with fap-90/ur125 and with luck the devastator as well (if it doesnt crit me). Rex strong don't hit hard on Paradox.
paradox and liakon have better protection than jaguar, around the same protection as tiger.
angel is a whole different ballpark, but you pay for it in markup (L) or in kpeds (UL). Paradox and Liakon parts can be purchased under one Kped.

Last edited:
Well, you have to say what Evade lvl you are, what HP you have

It's not the same for everyone, a noob might die in Vain, an uber doesn't need armor

I do them in Bear and Gremlin and kill them fast, very very often I get a critical over my HP and die

So i say Bear it's the cheapest way if you are around 30 evader and have >150 HP and 31 paramedic to use UR125

yeah I got 190hp and about lvl40 evade. got mayhem hedoc so np with faping. probably I got a solution I have also Boar SGA UL just need to attach Pulsar Armour Plate 8 (L) and I should be oky I guess, gona try that wen I get home.
thx for your advice.

to all the above posters:

I'm not sure if what you say it's for real or a joke for the OP

Are you people crazy?:) Hunting such mobs in those high end armors and plates?

I say give it a go in your Boar SGA ( wich IMo is also to big for rex up to Strong), you will see that's all you need

Also if you believe huge armor decay is good for your loot you can try the armors others said

BTW, killing fast is also an important factor:)

to all the above posters:

Also if you believe huge armor decay is good for your loot you can try the armors others said

BTW, killing fast is also an important factor:)

When i do Rex missions i used up UL Eon. Decay was ~18-23 PED in sum on all parts for 1000 PED ammo spent.
Killing fast is not important on Rex, very slow regeneration, not too much losses when you die, but if you die often - it is annoying.
And you cannot easy kill Rex's bigger than Devastators solo without Vain or similar armor (or great level in Evader profession + much more 200 HP), because you will recieve very high average damage, and decay of your fap will be more than Vain armor decay - this is also not eco hunt.

Hello all. I need a little help for L armor on Rex, whats the cheapest and best way to hunt them? I was looking @ entropedia and is it Jarhead (L) + Pulsar Armour Plate 8 (L) ?

Which maturities do you plan to hunt?

As alternatives to Jarhead(L) you could consider Jaguar(L), Emine(L) and Serum(L).

Which maturities do you plan to hunt?

As alternatives to Jarhead(L) you could consider Jaguar(L), Emine(L) and Serum(L).

I am looking for middle ones and up because mission would be done faster.

I hunt them in jag/tiger mix without problems, some fapping, hardly ever die unless not paying attention to hp. My evade and HP is about the same as yours. If you really want to stand in front them, even multi-mob on you at same time, just go with Perseus. It's the best all around protection for that mob. But at your lvl, your SGA Boar is fine upto stonng. Look to Jag/Tiger for the next low mu armor for better protection. And about killing fast, it's not always about regen, it also to avoid getting hit less and minimizing armor decay. get the fastest pistol, amped and tear them up. GL

I use Boar UL and I do up to ravagers and devastators (albeit my tier 3 hedoc mayhem helps here) with 29 evader and 150hp. Rex have so low hp that you should go with boar and up your firepower if need be :) I'm halfway through the 30k mission and I rarely die unless I'm alt-tabbed or typing

I hunt east of saba camp btw using a tier 7 dmg enhanced assassin R150

I use Gremlin UL with 5b's 155 hp and lvl 24.8 evader, soldier and down are no problem, strong can give me a fight if they crit or get a run of 4-5 hits in fast. Im lvl 55 laser hit, 53 laser damage, 50 blp hit, 47 blp damage so i use the ark-38 on the weak and watchers, and a lc-200 on soldiers and strong. Heal with a UL regen V 1-2 times a mob on the soldiers, and a few more on the strongs. If I get in trouble i have my emt 2350 tiered up to 2.8 atm, with eco on it. Gl and hope this info helps.

I haven't hunted Rex lately, but the last time I hunted them I was using Gremlin + 5b and picking out Weaks and Watchers as much as possible, while rarely needing to combat fap. Strongs required combat fapping almost half the time. I was about lvl 39-40 BLP sniper, evader 21ish, and 145ish hp and decided to wait until a slightly higher level to increase economy, but my defense costs (armor+fap) were still below 5% of total tt costs at that time. If I had found a spawn with 90% Weaks, I would have probably kept hunting them.

Back