Suggestion: list an armor set as a whole

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Selling armor, or plates, is often hampered since you cannot place it in auction as a set. Adding this possibility would be a nice addition!

- Creating a virtual item, that consists of 7 pieces of the same type of armor. Basically it is called 'armor set', it has 7 'slots' the same way an avatar has, in which you can put your armor parts.
- This item 'armor set' can be listed in auction or in shops.
- Perhaps a new item like a mannequin can be used to make the set.

- Creating a virtual item, that consists of 7 pieces of the same type of plate.
- This item, 'plate set', can be listed in auction or in shops.

cheers
Naomi

RuneScape did this exact thing for armor sets to make them more easy to sell on the Grand Exchange (auction)

You just trade an NPC all pieces of a set for the "armor set" item equivalent, and you can trade that back for all pieces of the set.

What a great suggestion :D

MA will lose 6/7 ths of all the AH fees related to Armour and Plates. I craft a lot of plates and I would love to be able to sell them in sets of 7 but I fear MA will not be prepared to lose this reveue

MA will lose 6/7 ths of all the AH fees related to Armour and Plates. I craft a lot of plates and I would love to be able to sell them in sets of 7 but I fear MA will not be prepared to lose this reveue
All auction fees go straight in the loot pool, MA does not keep those PED.

why would the auction fee for 7 pieces together be lower then for 7 pieces seperate?

I could support this if it was coupled with an increased supply of rare armor, in particular, enough supply that individual pieces were still listed on a reasonably regular basis. What I'd want to avoid are super rare armor sets with only like ten sets available becoming virtually unattainable unless the buyer can buy the entire set at once. TIRs should also probably be removed from armor before doing this, as it would be super annoying for someone trying to build a high TIR set to have to buy multiple sets and resell the low TIR pieces.

Where did this information come from? Are you an MA accountant? Then I have a lot of questions for you.
How about you drop your incoherent condescending tone?

True, but they will gain the "set" sale fee, which currently they don't get with P2P trades. It might make them more over-all revenue regarding auctioned armors / plates.

Would be handy when trying to sell a certain chip with a certain amp, or a clothing set also. Maybe a generic item like a case or so, that you can bundle items into for a group sale. It would also have to be easy to search for in auction - so maybe if someone searches for any of the items ie " titan shin" then the case would show up along side individual items and same for all the items in it.

How about you drop your incoherent condescending tone?

These are such ancient quotes that I even feel sorry for those people who think that nothing changes with time.
There's also a quote from the same Marco:
I can do it again - MindArks revenue stream is from deterioation of items when they are used.
Do you really think that under Loot 2.0, MA income continues to include weapon deterioration?

So, all of the Marco quotes you cited are from 2005-2006. Would you like to read something more recent? I have something to show you.

The website http://www.planetcalypso.eu/ asserted the following in April 2010:
The correlating amount of the in-game currency PED and therefor 10:1 US-Dollars of what the item decays gets distributed 50:50 between Mindark PE AB as operator of the Entropia Universe and the planet partner where the participant has the account registered and pursuing its activities, in our case First Planet Company and Planet Calypso.

Another source of income are fees and commissions attached to the in-game auction and player's shops. Every sale on the auction and shops produces a sales commission that also gets shared 50:50 between Mindark and the Planet Partner.
This is undoubtedly also outdated information, but it was reported 4 years later than the posts you quoted. However, since it completely contradicts what was previously said, we must realize that MA policy has changed.

PS Too bad you're not a MA accountant. I thought we were going to have an interesting conversation.

Back