Little help for new players

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I was hunting today and I saw what was obviously a new player. He got kill a long way from the nearest revival terminal. About 8 or 10 minutes later here he came to get his car. Before I could PM him he was gone. I wanted to tell him all he had to do was hit the F11 key and it would have returned his car to storage. I think I did that a couple of times before I realized it also :).

Any just thought this would be a good tip.

I was hunting today and I saw what was obviously a new player. He got kill a long way from the nearest revival terminal. About 8 or 10 minutes later here he came to get his car. Before I could PM him he was gone. I wanted to tell him all he had to do was hit the F11 key and it would have returned his car to storage. I think I did that a couple of times before I realized it also :).

Any just thought this would be a good tip.

F11 is now the society terminal key, but if you could have told him to press ' / ' that would have returned his vehicle to storage.

I support helping the new players, with enough months under their belt, they eventually turn into the old players. :)

F11 is now the society terminal key, but if you could have told him to press ' / ' that would have returned his vehicle to storage.

I support helping the new players, with enough months under their belt, they eventually turn into the old players. :)

I not sure what you mean because when I look at the F11 on my key board is recall all vehicles. I even looked under to see if I had covered up another key but is was blank. Also I use "/" for my FAP and it is not covering anything either. Maybe I set something up when the big release came some time ago and far be it from me to contradict you some it had to be something that I did :). Thanks for the input. BTW I was not being sarcastic with the "far be it form me" because your are a great student of the game and a wealth of knowledge.

I not sure what you mean because when I look at the F11 on my key board is recall all vehicles. I even looked under to see if I had covered up another key but is was blank. Also I use "/" for my FAP and it is not covering anything either. Maybe I set something up when the big release came some time ago and far be it from me to contradict you some it had to be something that I did :). Thanks for the input. BTW I was not being sarcastic with the "far be it form me" because your are a great student of the game and a wealth of knowledge.

There have been various changes over the years to the default keys (as you know) eg. originally T was for Time then it changed to U and now it is ' . '

If you press F10 function key it should bring up the keyboard map for your current setup in-game.

Version 16.0.0 was the last time for the keyboard changes such as the above, the detailed notes are below:

Thanks for the compliment CozMoDan, a forum is for sharing knowledge as well as the more negative things we all occasionally indulge in. ;)

Since this topic has arisen , does anyone have a default keyboard map pic.
My own map is completely custom , and would be nice to have a resource to send to new players.

I wondered about the default for new players. If I remember when the Ver update came that set new defaults there was an option to keep the old defaults which I did. I have a problem with my screen some time ago (and still do) and did a support case they suggested that I let them reset all the mappings to the default, which I did and as I said that didn't work but it did set it back to the old defaults with F11 returning vehicles to storage.

Back