loading times from terminals and tp high

GermanMan

Provider
Society
Freelancer
GermanMan GermanMan GermanMan
i've been back ingame for 2 days now and what i notice is. after using a tp it takes 10-15 seconds bovr the tp i came through becomes visible. if i enter a building where there are terminals it's the same. the walls only become visible after 10-15 seconds, as do the terminals.
i played here before from 2015 -2019 and didn't have the problem. on the contrary, now i have a better pc than back then. also my inet connection is better now.
what can be the reason for this? It's annoying when you make a trade with another player and I do not see him.

windows11 isn't exactly faster then its predecessors
EU takes some time to load, but 10-15 seconds is quite long.

I'd try to eliminate the problem:
- try different wired internet connection
- try different pc
if pc is the problem, try with some spare parts perhaps.

I still work with Win10
Other PC I do not have at hand. The current one is new.

imho win 8.1 was the last decent one ;)

Reduce graphical settings like shadows, shading, draw distance, level of avatar details, etc. to see, if this makes a difference.
MA codes poorly and wastes alot of resources unnecessarily.
Especially avatar loading can consume alot of time, when teleporting to populated places.

I notice that after updates, which I assume happened since the last time you were in game, it takes extra long to load textures and models the first time.

For example, the first time I open inventory or storage after an update, it takes a long time for the items to load. But the 2nd time, it's much faster. The same thing happens sometimes for locations and avatars. But after I've encountered them, the next load is much faster.

Perhaps you are seeing the same thing?

that reminds me, with the last update several items were remodelled, and items did take longer for me to load as well.
atm it seems ok here.

Possibly they are re-rendering a lot of stuff piece by piece, to make it compatible with the upcoming unreal engine.
I remember they did the same thing with many items before moving to cryengine.

With the settings I managed to make the TP visible right after the run. But my inventory in the terminals still needs a good 10 seconds until it becomes visible. The same when I press P to look for the skills. There I still have no idea what is connected with it.

Back