Help: Locked account!?!

I doubt they block your IP. It's more likely that your isp changed routing or closed off smt In your firewall.
Well, my next question then is how do I analyze/fix? I use xfinity as my isp, not sure anyone else has had recent issues with them?

Well, my next question then is how do I analyze/fix? I use xfinity as my isp, not sure anyone else has had recent issues with them?
Test with your phone with shared wifi over 4g. If you got any kind of third party fw I would also disable it or allow EU trough

Update

“Your account is currently locked due to involvement in chargeback claims…

For us to be able to unlock your account you need to contact your bank/card issuer and reverse the chargeback claims.”

Well, at least I know now, gotta call the bank
Thanks to all that have replied, it’s been fun!

Your naive if you don't use VPN when using Wifi at other Places than home. You are very prone to man in the middle attacks. This is just one of 1000 reasons to be using VPN for other reasons than hiding your own IP. I also use it on my phone so I'm always in my home network and have my own dns with adblock and added security ^^
And your insulting if you even dare to reply that without reading. I never said to not use vpn. Some entropia acounts out there could/are potentialy worth more than your bank account and living situation combined. I would not log in a unsecure location using my bank details even with a vpn. I wouldnt log in EU either without temporarly changing my password during my visit at a unsecure location. In the end I do use vpn for many things but as I said. Well.. You know what? Just read it for the first time instead by scrolling up.

And your insulting if you even dare to reply that without reading. I never said to not use vpn. Some entropia acounts out there could/are potentialy worth more than your bank account and living situation combined. I would not log in a unsecure location using my bank details even with a vpn. I wouldnt log in EU either without temporarly changing my password during my visit at a unsecure location. In the end I do use vpn for many things but as I said. Well.. You know what? Just read it for the first time instead by scrolling up.
I read it. You seemed to have misunderstood what VPN is and I just tried to explain you a few good reasons to use it. You should enable 2fa if your so worried :)

I read it. You seemed to have misunderstood what VPN
it seem you lack understanding of what is secure and not about a VPN. Because I use proper form of internet as security having background in programming and industrial endingeering.

Reality where security is about hidding from 3rd party and not main party:

A human that go to the bank with his own body to talk to another human body will be able to lose his wallet and go right in the bank and get a new card without even providing more than a signature as everyone know that human in that bank.

A human that hide his body behind a app or a cash machine will never achieve that perk. In fact it's much less secure for him because someone only need to immitate signature and have found the lost wallet. Nobody know what the real human body of the owner look like because he always hide from main party.

-----

A human use a credit card only at his home. Someone get his private information and use the credit card trying to mimic the general location of the original owner of the card. Credit card block the transaction because its not the same exact ip, contact the owned and no fraud is commited.

A human use a credit card everywhere aside his home because he's so scared of main party knowing whats up. Credit card info are stolen and the thief can do the same as there is no red flag. The guy get scammed and issues arise because the bank has very hard time to know if he was frauded or is the fraudster trying to claim money he spent himself

------

A human in Entropia universe always log from the exact same IP and device. A user manage to get in the account. Player contest the login as he been using proper security measures. MA will have no choice to work hard to solve this issue.

A human in Entropia universe always use a VPN to connect. MA never really know if it's him or not and will never be able to do so. Something happen to the account and they cant really trace anything because the owner of the account was so clever that he acted just like the one who stole from his account so there is absolutly no way to distinguish the 2. MA then proceed on being unfriendly and low cooperation because they realise it could be a scam made by the user and cannot really conclude anything.
-------

Conclusion, VPN is privacy but privacy is a security risk in many area. Knowing the difference is what it mean to do do something with a vpn(anonimity), secure(Identified) and where leaving a trace(history) to the trusted party is the most secure action one could take.

Last edited:
it seem you lack understanding of what is secure and not about a VPN. Because I use proper form of internet as security having background in programming and industrial.

Reality where security is about hidding from 3rd party and not main party:

A human that go to the bank with his own body to talk to another human body will be able to lose his wallet and go right in the bank and get a new card without even providing more than a signature as everyone know that human in that bank.

A human that hide his body behind a app or a cash machine will never achieve that perk. In fact it's much less secure for him because someone only need to immitate signature and have found the lost wallet. Nobody know what the real human body of the owner look like because he always hide from main party.

-----

A human use a credit card only at his home. Someone get his private information and use the credit card trying to mimic the general location of the original owner of the card. Credit card block the transaction because its not the same exact up, contact the owned and no fraud is commited.

A human use a credit card everywhere aside his home because he's so scared of main party knowing whats up. Credit card info are stolen and the thief can do the same as there is no red flag. The guy get scammed and issues arise because the bank has very hard time to know if he was frauded or is the fraudster trying to claim money he spent himself

------

A human in Entropia universe always log from the exact same IP and device. A user manage to get in the account. Player contest the login as he been using proper security measures. MA will have no choice to work hard to solve this issue.

A human in Entropia universe always use a VPN to connect. MA never really know if it's him or not and will never be able to do so. Something happen to the account and they cant really trace anything because the owner of the account was so clever that he acted just like the one who stole from his account so there is absolutly no way to distinguish the 2. MA then proceed on being unfriendly and low cooperation because they realise it could be a scam made by the user and cannot really conclude anything.
-------

Conclusion, VPN is privacy but privacy is a security risk in many area. Knowing the difference is what it mean to do do something with a vpn(anonimity), secure(Identified) and where leaving a trace(history) to the trusted party is the most secure action one could take.
You still don't seem to understand what VPN is so I give up. Hint, main purpose of VPN has never been to hide who you are and the acronym kinda gives it away.

You still don't seem to understand what VPN
maybe you should..

A VPN application hides your IP address (Oh shit your no longer you. You have no real personal ID attached to you knowing as IP on the internet)

Save money when shopping online. Some sites offer different prices to customers from different countries. With VPN, you can hide your location and hop around to look for the best price. (Oh shit, the store doesnt even know where your from. That mean your not even showed as a regular location.)

Where do you see your personal security when they cant even know if it's you or not ? How can they be sure it's not someone else ? Why use a disguise to go to the bank ? Its the same thing with the internet. So please do give up and do some reading. vpn-for-dummies link is a good start.

maybe you should..

A VPN application hides your IP address (Oh shit your no longer you. You have no real personal ID attached to you knowing as IP on the internet)

Save money when shopping online. Some sites offer different prices to customers from different countries. With VPN, you can hide your location and hop around to look for the best price. (Oh shit, the store doesnt even know where your from. That mean your not even showed as a regular location.)

Where do you see your personal security when they cant even know if it's you or not ? How can they be sure it's not someone else ? Why use a disguise to go to the bank ? Its the same thing with the internet. So please do give up and do some reading. vpn-for-dummies link is a good start.
Google isn't hard. Try vpn+Wikipedia and you get a good source to gain knowledge from. I'll quote the first part that explains the essence of vpn. "A virtual private network (VPN) is a mechanism for creating a secure connection between a computing device and a computer network, or between two networks, using an insecure communication medium such as the public Internet.[1]"

So in short vpn is a virtual privat network so you can have your home IP (as an example) from anywhere in the world. It create a secure tunnel so it's a good idea to use it as soon as you are not home anymore.

You mistake a" privacy VPN services" for beeing "vpn". They use VPN to provide the privacy service but this is not the main reason people use VPN for. Thread starter mentioned his work VPN and it's just a secure tunnel to his work network and nothing like the service you are talking about.

Hey VPN dorks! You guys are really smart, but this thread is about me! :)
I do appreciate the detailed discussion, but keep it civil, ok tough guys!?!

Anyways, I'll provide an update when I'm unlocked and a TLDR for the next chap who runs into a similar issue

Lesson learned here - go to MA support 1st and ask for refund for a incorrect charge before flagging at your bank/CC!!

Come on guys, we are mistaken dpp and eff after 5 years and we discuss extremely difficult technicalities about real tech.
Enjoy your week-end.Weather is fine.
Lesson learned here - go to MA support 1st and ask for refund for a incorrect charge before flagging at your bank/CC!!
^ always ask MA, always.

I'll have to try later today, I'm sure it will work. My thinking is that MA blocked my IP for whatever reason. I did reset / power cycle my gateway and no help. I’ll probably be able to log into website but not the game.

You're a potato! ;)

MA still hasn't replied to my original support ticket. It's been 48+ hours since lock.
You need to reach out to web live support so they can escalate the ticket faster, if they say they can't, just ask again and pretend they said nothing 🤣

Hey VPN dorks! You guys are really smart, but this thread is about me! :)
Agreed, mostly concerned that you may not consider some options because he know some generic terms without the details. The fact that your pc has issue and not your cellphone really point to a ID signature not passing threw on the PC and I think you may be on the right track about the paiement. Which was the whole thing that was getting a bit far...
go to MA support 1st and ask for refund for a incorrect charge before flagging at your bank/CC!!
Now that sound like something Im gonna have to remember should it happen to me to make sure I dont do it the other way around. I had a similar issue and first thing I did was contact MA so if the other way around doesnt work. Gota be careful

Update - UNLOCKED!!

Once the dispute was resolved / reversed, it took ~24 hours before MA saw it on their end.

It took me ~3 times before I got an official letter saying it was resolved from bank. I called last Friday, this Monday, and yesterday (Tuesday). IDK if the 3rd time was the charm or it was actually just a coincidence and in process.

The IP / MAC address ban was also lifted... I could log into my account in-game and on the website with no errors. This was the same home network that had the problems/lock. I guess we learned that MA can/will lock in this manner. It's somewhat bad imo because how are you supposed to update your support ticket then (use different network obviously).

Lastly, I'll reiterate the statement made last week, lesson learned here - go to MA support 1st and ask for refund for a incorrect charge before flagging at your bank/CC!!

Sounds like there's a network problem at your place. Maybe your isp changed something? Did u try logging in with phone as wifi Hotspot for your pc?

Your naive if you don't use VPN when using Wifi at other Places than home. You are very prone to man in the middle attacks. This is just one of 1000 reasons to be using VPN for other reasons than hiding your own IP. I also use it on my phone so I'm always in my home network and have my own dns with adblock and added security ^^
piHole FTW!

I doubt they block your IP. It's more likely that your isp changed routing or closed off smt In your firewall.
They’ve done it before a long time ago when my account was hacked - I’ll post the support reply with them confirming when I get a chance.

They’ve done it before a long time ago when my account was hacked - I’ll post the support reply with them confirming when I get a chance.
Its super easy to get a new IP so it sounds like a bad idea. MA are good at bad ideas so I won't rule it out :p Most have dhcp so by just booting your modem you will get a new IP ^^

Its super easy to get a new IP so it sounds like a bad idea. MA are good at bad ideas so I won't rule it out :p Most have dhcp so by just booting your modem you will get a new IP ^^
I tried all the tricks but seems with xfinity gateway, the ip is very “sticky” (I’m not the only one via their forums)

Back