Help: Locked account!?!

fred5283

Stalker
Society
AO
Norian Norian Xx
Yo,

Went to Ark 2 days ago… was seeing the server/loot lag issues that everyone else did. I tried a relog and it hung so I forced closed and quit for the night.

I tried logging in yesterday and saw my account is locked? I immediately put in a support ticket… someone from support looked at it this morning but no reply.

Not sure why the lock. I did log into account via website for an unrelated deposit topic from my work pc which does have VPN is the only thing I can think of (I thought VPN locks were only a concern when logging into game, maybe not?)

Anyways, that’s my story. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks!

Norian

Last edited:
Hi,

First of all check the email.In there you should have small info what happened to your account if it's locked/blocked temporarily etc and the paragraph from ToU as justification.After that , next is support case which you already did, see if they need something from you.Might take some time for the situation to be cleared(in my case took time but casses r different, depends how fast they get to your support case).
Sorry to hear and I hope it will be resolved fast.

Last edited:
Hi,

First of all check the email.In there you should have small info what happened to your account if it's locked/blocked temporarily etc and the paragraph from ToU as justification.After that , next is support case which you already did, see if they need something from you.Might take some time for the situation to be cleared(in my case took time but casses r different, depends how fast they get to your support case).
Sorry to hear and I hope it will be resolved fast.
Yea they just referenced section 5 of TOS which talked about locked

The only other thing I’m thinking of is when I logged in and it hung, could they have thought I was trying multiple logins or something like that?

Give them details about the reason for VPN and should be sorted quick.

Give them details about the reason for VPN and should be sorted quick.
I would use vpn is I would live in North Korea too. Otherwise pretty useless tech.
Yea, I'll mention I used VPN in the ticket
I never use VPN from my gaming laptop... guess I'll never file a support ticket from work laptop again :)

Yea, I'll mention I used VPN in the ticket
I never use VPN from my gaming laptop... guess I'll never file a support ticket from work laptop again :)
VPN is bad for entropia. You never want to hide your information with EU. There such a thing that is called tracability we hide with VPN.
Being legit with your connection within EU is safe, it's good and make an imprint that you never play anywhere but at this or those IP.

In short, if something happen to your account. The hacker will most likely use a VPN. If you legitimize the use. How can you prove you that it aint you which try to scam MA ? There are place to be clean because hiding is just hindering. Put EU in exception of your vpn because I personally think it's one of the place where hidding hurt more than showing. Dont worry.. VPN or not MA wont watch on your webcam to post you on their front page in underwear as a publicity for next mayhem and they probably wouldnt be hindered by a VPN anyway.

Now... If MA want me to pose in underwear in the middle of some seasonal strongbox and a swarm of mobs running toward me trying to lick my body.
Im open minded. (as long as its just a photoshop!!)

Yea they just referenced section 5 of TOS which talked about locked

The only other thing I’m thinking of is when I logged in and it hung, could they have thought I was trying multiple logins or something like that?
If I would be you I would try to be short and precise in the support case(saying that i saw the email with the lock and the paragraph from ToU, ask why it got to this and describe in few words what happened from my side(server lag issues,multiple logins,VPN from work pc, etc) and ask if they need something more from me.
In the first answer from them in the support case that i made in the past they said to me why.
I can't say what lead to this but they can.

VPN is bad for entropia. You never want to hide your information with EU. There such a thing that is called tracability we hide with VPN.
Being legit with your connection within EU is safe, it's good and make an imprint that you never play anywhere but at this or those IP.

In short, if something happen to your account. The hacker will most likely use a VPN. If you legitimize the use. How can you prove you that it aint you which try to scam MA ? There are place to be clean because hiding is just hindering. Put EU in exception of your vpn because I personally think it's one of the place where hidding hurt more than showing. Dont worry.. VPN or not MA wont watch on your webcam to post you on their front page in underwear as a publicity for next mayhem and they probably wouldnt be hindered by a VPN anyway.

Now... If MA want me to pose in underwear in the middle of some seasonal strongbox and a swarm of mobs running toward me trying to lick my body.
But there is the +Swedish IP and +Romanian IP loot bonus.

Right @Slyk ?

I think this is a wildly naive view of the totality of reasons people use VPNs.

Also, I'd rather live in a security paradigm with better, strongly encouraged 2FA (i.e., bring back always-offline 2FA devices like the Gold Card Security System) as a defense against hacking than one based on the absurd misconception that there is a bijective correspondence between individual humans and IP addresses.

Now I can't even login via the website to see my support ticket?!?

Tried different devices, browsers, etc...

I get this error --> Temporary error, please try again in a few minutes.

Been like this for 2+ hours

Now I can't even login via the website to see my support ticket?!?

Tried different devices, browsers, etc...

I get this error --> Temporary error, please try again in a few minutes.

Been like this for 2+ hours
Hmm are you sure it's really locked and not a connection issue? I had this issue once where I contacted suport and they replied there was no lock. I restarted both my firewall/modem and pc and it worked again so it was smt on my end.

Hmm are you sure it's really locked and not a connection issue? I had this issue once where I contacted suport and they replied there was no lock. I restarted both my firewall/modem and pc and it worked again so it was smt on my end.
I'll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion.

Nope, no help :(

Last edited:
Update - tried logging via cellular phone to the website... got in no problem.

Something goofy going on... didnt update anything computer-wise, hmmm

Could MA of blocked my home IP or something? Also doesn't explain the temporary lock investigation email.

Last edited:
Final comment... I'm thinking it was due to a deposit error!
Looking at a comment from Rocket a while ago - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...long-for-support-to-reply.250465/post-3482940

I had tried to depo in April and three times in a row, it hung up until I reduced the amount (strangely, that wasn't a problem this month?). Anyways, I checked later this month in May and was still charged by Chase Visa. I flagged those for purchases that didn't happen. I also made a support ticket with MA on 5/15 and they "made a refund of the total amount". But for some reason I'm thinking this is locking me/my IP.

This has got to be the issue??

I think this is a wildly naive view of the totality of reasons people use VPNs.
there nothing naive into saying that if you always play anonously or log into personal accounts of any sorts using a vpn. You create a lack of security by saying "If I get hacker, I ensure that the company has doubts and may not react in time to unfamiliar login area"
In fact, it's one of the most important thing when you purchase with a credit card online the first few times and when you make big purchase at a new area. If the IP doesnt match common purchase location it will be often declined untill you talk to your financial institution. The naive view is not understanding how many security imprint that many ppl skip even thought

This has got to be the issue??
hum... You tried a lot of things and you got in with your phone on the G network...
Here my suggestion to further diagnose. Disable mobile data on phone, connect to wifi and connect from there. If it connect from same ip as comp while on phone. You know it's something about your pc/browser. Then update findings with MA

Update - tried logging via cellular phone to the website... got in no problem.

Something goofy going on... didnt update anything computer-wise, hmmm

Could MA of blocked my home IP or something? Also doesn't explain the temporary lock investigation email.
Sounds like there's a network problem at your place. Maybe your isp changed something? Did u try logging in with phone as wifi Hotspot for your pc?
there nothing naive into saying that if you always play anonously or log into personal accounts of any sorts using a vpn. You create a lack of security by saying "If I get hacker, I ensure that the company has doubts and may not react in time to unfamiliar login area"
In fact, it's one of the most important thing when you purchase with a credit card online the first few times and when you make big purchase at a new area. If the IP doesnt match common purchase location it will be often declined untill you talk to your financial institution. The naive view is not understanding how many security imprint that many ppl skip even thought
Your naive if you don't use VPN when using Wifi at other Places than home. You are very prone to man in the middle attacks. This is just one of 1000 reasons to be using VPN for other reasons than hiding your own IP. I also use it on my phone so I'm always in my home network and have my own dns with adblock and added security ^^

The old sorter of problems of windows. Uninstall, reinstall. Do it 3x times and youre good to go.

Sounds like there's a network problem at your place. Maybe your isp changed something? Did u try logging in with phone as wifi Hotspot for your pc?

Your naive if you don't use VPN when using Wifi at other Places than home. You are very prone to man in the middle attacks. This is just one of 1000 reasons to be using VPN for other reasons than hiding your own IP. I also use it on my phone so I'm always in my home network and have my own dns with adblock and added security ^^
I'll have to try later today, I'm sure it will work. My thinking is that MA blocked my IP for whatever reason. I did reset / power cycle my gateway and no help. I’ll probably be able to log into website but not the game.

What is this kartofel?
You're a potato! ;)

MA still hasn't replied to my original support ticket. It's been 48+ hours since lock.

Last edited:
MA still hasn't replied to my original support ticket.

Hard times, Summer vacation is devastating

MA:
AdobeStock_136286134.jpeg

According to google summer in Sweden is Wed, Jun 21, 2023 - Sat, Sep 23, 2023

Hard times, Summer vacation is devastating

MA:
Photo
Ha, yea maybe I'll have to do the same!
EU is a nice break from real life, work has been grueling lately.
I'll have to do something fun in the world this weekend! :)

I'll have to try later today, I'm sure it will work. My thinking is that MA blocked my IP for whatever reason. I did reset / power cycle my gateway and no help. I’ll probably be able to log into website but not the game.

You're a potato! ;)

MA still hasn't replied to my original support ticket. It's been 48+ hours since lock.
I doubt they block your IP. It's more likely that your isp changed routing or closed off smt In your firewall.

Back