looking for a regular sweat buyer.

I'm confused, why is it considered rude to be a trader? Isn't he offering a service by collecting large quantities, slightly discounted to resale to others?

This offers newbs instant PED for lower quantities, makes some profit for the reseller, and saves significant time for the higher end purchaser.

See, games where I came from this wasn't considered anything to event vent about. People would buy cheap for quick sales, or they'd buy npc prices and list on auction for more simply for convienence to the next buyer.

The only ironic aspect of this game opposed to others I've been part of, RMT, or depositing as it's called here, is HIGHLY looked down and frowned upon in those games. I see it kind of ironic people are shamed for resaling, but it's perfectly acceptable to edge up over your competition due to depositing, where-as someone with lack of rl funds might not be able to afford to do so.

Anyone else see the irony?

So why again are traders looked down upon again? Why is that not a community accepted way of producing a profit? I just don't understand lol.

The mindset I come from is similar towards if you pay monopoly. I pay the banker a real life $10 to own Red all the way to Blue with Hotels on it. You can't afford that so I get the significant advantage. However, traders are using the ingame system to profit through negotiations of providing a service. While both are acceptable in this game, which one offers the significant advantage over many others? I just see irony as why one is ok, but the other is frowned upon.

Last edited:
Kendrah said:
So why again are traders looked down upon again? Why is that not a community accepted way of producing a profit? I just don't understand lol.
Indeed you dont understand :)

The bad feeling is generally towards resellers not traders. Traders those that buy the smaller amount of materials are providing a service to those that want larger amounts. They pay for that service via the mark up the traders make. Nothing wrong with that imo, and in general this is the opinion of the community.

Resellers buy items (f.ex armour) for market value (sometimes even more than market value). The proceed to ask an inflated price for that item. They can do this becuase they know that item is not common, or because they can quite easily corner the market. Many of these resellers also use other avatars to bid against themselves to raise the price of any items.

Its these that get the bad rep within the community. Unfortunately some mistake traders with reseller, sometimes there is a very fine line between them so its easy to confuse one with the other.

Kismet said:
Dorsai is right. There doesn't seem to be any profit in refining sweat. I'm a newbie myself, and I've been wondering if I'd be better off turning my sweat into mind essence and selling it at auction.

So I did a little research. What I found is very disheartening :( . Let's assume two new player's have managed to save 20 ped as their starting capital and have collected 1000 sweat.

Player A:
* Buys 1000 force nexus for 13.00 ped (130%) = 20.00 ped (starting capital) less 13.00 ped = 7.00 ped left over capital.
* Refines 1000 mind essence = 7.00 ped less 0.20 (refiner decay cost) = 6.80 ped left over capital.
* Sells 1000 mind essence for 25.00 ped (250%) at auction = 25.00 ped less 1.0 ped auction fee = 24.00 ped profit.

24.00 ped profit + 6.80 ped left over capital = 30.80 ped. At the end of the day, player A has 30.80 ped in his pocket.

Player B:
* Sells 1000 sweat to another player for 1.1 pec a bottle = 11.00 ped profit.

11.00 ped profit + 20.00 ped starting capital = 31.00 ped. At the end of the day, player B has 31.00 ped in his pocket.

As you can see, player A has actually lost money from refining his sweat into mind essence (and this is without adding in the cost of the refiner. If the refiner purchase cost was also added to the calculation, then poor old player A is even further out of pocket).

So from this, it seems to me that we newbie's are better off just selling our sweat for the best price we can get. Which seems really screwed up and crazy to me.

Am I missing something?
well, sometimes you have to wait hours to get 1.1, in these hours you could sweat, ME can be sold at auction, and when you make a not too high buyout for a nice high amount, you may even get a few% more
during this time you can sweat a bit more
some sweaters are also going to buy concentration chips, to give themselves focus charges (well, lets say professional sweaters who want to skill MF too) and they can use their ME then, this is no tip to do this, just that it works out for some ppl
still, standard for ME was pretty exactly, that you counted 0.01 per ME more
like this 1 sweat (market 1.1) + 1 nexus (1.3) + refining service/trader fee (1)
pec again
ME sells for 2.5, more or less, if your amount is high enough, you can get it i guess, but i didn't watch the sweat, nexus, and ME market that much lately, but at least i always counted that way
if you sell your nexus for 1.1+1.3 and wonder why you gain much less, well, you have of course to add a fee
you provide a service, you refine the sweat you got (bought or sweated) with the nexus you got (mined or bought) so your customer doesn't have to
this is a service, it cost you time and decay, you can ask to be paid for it
if the current ME producers doesn't do this, well, maybe they get their sweat at 1.0 from and their 1 pec fee would be the 1.1 you want to sell your sweat for ;)
the same applies if you have higher quantities, lets say 10k ME
you provide a service to gather that much, and to refine it, means you can and should ask more
but as i said, atm i watched the market not that much

overall, again, if you don't like the price don't sell, if there are enough that don't it could go up
in sweating you have several problems anyway, but believe me, i still think its way better as when i started, with max 5 amount per pull not 22 and a price of 22, you still get a way faster the cash as me back in the days

on topic, hell, let him buy for 1.0, 0.9, or 0.1
if there is someone who sells at this price, it is good for him, bad for the seller
who can say he has never been ripped off by traders in PA? :laugh:
if you don't like the price don't sell
as i said above, even if you don't like it, he is providing a service, and he can do this because the sweaters allow it and obviously want to sell at that price
it is a price they obviously accept for their work, so you can't help them
if most would sell at 2.0, you won't have much more choice than paying if you want to use MF
why? pretty easy
i just want to mention tp chips
tp chips are overall pretty useless, they allow you to get from A to B fast
means, tp chips are simply for ppl who don't want to run or want to show off
so, lets say its a bit lazyness, now would lazy ppl go and sweat, and i mean, for 1 jump you need quite many ME later, would they sweat for hours to make 1 jump? guess not
anyway, if you don't like the price of him
simply don't sell to him, nor other traders in PA, and problem is solved
and im getting bored of sweat discussions :rolleyes:

no20 is nice so

i think her offer is reasonable :D

i think i had some missunderstanding of market

sometimes ago couse i was being driven emotional in thinking about this matters...now i understand that is true that market is regulated by demand and offer...only trying to manipulate so making demand higher is wrong and filty...collecting isn`t...if wasn`t demand for larger lots collecting them was pointless..if prices are too high ppl don`t pay them.

By having a large quantity of something u give to that stuff a new value above the sum of each item from pile taken separately.

Afterall prices go higher couse ppl pay them else they drop as a rock in air.

Collectors lose a lot of time and not in most entertaining enviroment i bet :p}

Az Bloodz said:
You don't help anyone with reselling except yourself
WOW! You really aren't a fan of the Capitalist system, are you?

Let's take a quick look at history. We'll focus on the mid-east. know why it's called the "mid-east?" Because it was in the middle of the European and Asian cultures. Long ago these separate empires traded their wares with each other by transporting the items through this area. the people in this land made a fortune by becoming the trading spot, buying from 1 group to sell to the other. These days certain conditions (such as modern transportation routes) have taken them out of this loop and they are struggling to find other sources of prosperity, but that's another story.

Personally, if someone is capable of buying something and then selling it at a profit (which, by definition, means selling at a higher price that pays for their time/effort/materials/etc. with some $ left over) then that's great. I believe everybody does this at some level.

Alice is right. TP chips are a time-saver, nothing more. It makes no sense for me to sweat for 3 hours get 7 jumps worth of sweat. I'll pay 10PED in 5 minutes and be stocked up for the month. Personally I pay higher for sweat. I stick with the 1.2 price out of kindness to sweaters. I don't ask whether the seller got the sweat themselves or bought it from others. I don't care. I offer a price for a particular amount. Someone comes to me willing to sell at that price. We have a deal. Everybody's happy.

No20, 0.9 really is a low price, but if you can get it I say "good on ya". Personally, I never sold my sweat for that low, but...

It could be so simple:

I'm a orange suited noob and pissed by all the <=1 PEC/Bottle offers (not to be forgotten the "generous" recommendations on :twocents: ...).

The answer to this problem:

Be patient and hoard your sweat ;)

Last edited:
4pages down this thread not one post has been about someone wanting to buy the sweat... any takers?

What's the amount of sweat high end users like to buy? 5000, 10000, etc bottles? More?

I mean if it's the larger the quantity, why can't 5 newbs farm up 1000 bottles or even 2000 bottles each, then gather together and advertise to sell the quantity in bulk from all 5 persons combined for premium price? One person doesn't have to hold all the sweat, yet all people could stand together for the final transaction to the purchaser.

Would that work? Simply have the buyer pay the premium price to the 5 or so people based upon the amount they have on themselves that moment, all because you gathered those persons together. Rather than taking small PEC, you can command a slight premium based upon group quantity and effort.

Lastly, is there any amount of sweat or any condition that would command 2 PEC these days? It seem 1.1 is common now.

No20 said:
4pages down this thread not one post has been about someone wanting to buy the sweat... any takers?

i prefer buying just pure mixed product, so go for that...

who likes sweat? nada

Kendrah said:
Lastly, is there any amount of sweat or any condition that would command 2 PEC these days? It seem 1.1 is common now.

4K sweat can be 50ped...

No20 said:
4K sweat can be 50ped...

why 4000 PED it is 400 USD then?, try some VISA, Amex, Diners...

you could start with 400 PEDs, 40 USD...

:kos:

The point is No20 is selfish.He/she doesn't want to sweat that long so he/she makes it harder for the people who just started PE.

Az Bloodz said:
The point is No20 is selfish.He/she doesn't want to sweat that long so he/she makes it harder for the people who just started PE.

PLEASE explain to me how offering to buy sweat at 0.9PEC when others buy @ 1.1PEC makes it harder for n00bs. I just don't see it.

It has already been mantioned here before....spamming PA with low prices....newcomers think it's the common trading price...they sell for that price....resellers resell it for a low price as well...entire sweat price decreases...newcommers need to sweat more...

btw: 1.1 is also a low price.....

Az Bloodz said:
It has already been mantioned here before....spamming PA with low prices....newcomers think it's the common trading price...they sell for that price....resellers resell it for a low price as well...entire sweat price decreases...newcommers need to sweat more...

btw: 1.1 is also a low price.....
you teach newcomers the low price, and they need to learn first that you could get higher prices with patience and especially higher amount
still, most just want to get a weapon as soon as possible so they can finally start earning cash as all other hunters, especially those in all chat :rolleyes:
for those its their own fault i have to say unfortunatly

1.1 or 1.2 is, well, acceptable, you gain sweat pretty fast nowadays, and mindforce is not the best thing to skill with the low eco it has
the low sweat price, means low ME price, will attract more ppl using MF, since the lower this price, the more eco the MF
as soon MF will get improved (that might take some years), with lets say you can throw mobs away with a MF chip (physics could make this available) you will see more MF users and the price would rise i guess, just a matter of time
and for sweating you need 1 thing when you want to get cash from it and a good price
patience
most ppl don't have it, and are taking this offer too
the low price is in the mind of every newcomer since he sees it spammed in all chat, but the question is too, for how long?
when i started i sold my first sweat for 1.1 while i could have got 1.3 (max amount i could get was 5 per try, now, take a guess how long it took for 100 sweat, atm you live in "golden sweating times"), but i learned pretty fast that i could get more
so, what did i?
i stood there, sweating for a couple of weeks! and sold it for 1.3
all about patience
if you don't have it, sell it to the low price traders, get a gun, and start earning money, if you have it, wait longer, sell higher, and start hunting wisely, means, without fap, best without armor, as eco as possible
i did it too as long i didnt deposit, i might add that i read a couple of books in those days, while waiting to regenerate
and the cash i got from sweating took be pretty far i think
after some time i deposited 10$ and the problem of low sweat prices was solved, first i sweated around 2 months! for 100 ped, and it lasted pretty exactly, this i could have faster
so, 10$ for 3 months fun, depends on your play style of course, it could be worse, cinema is more expensive ;)

still, it is getting offtopic
let this thread what is should be, he wants a sweat buyer, he should get one, no matter how he get the sweat, if you want to ruin the business, stand in PA for a couple of weeks, and tell everyone they should sell their sweat at 2.0, i wonder who would listed to you due to impatience
anyway
nope, i don't need sweat, for my low ME request i sweat myself ty ;)

No20 said:

Just a little hint:
post this again in trading->selling, there you can have a nice moderated thread, where offtopic bitching will be deleted.
(And also potential buyers for such amounts will rather look there.)

IMO you could really make more money if you would try and find cheap force nexus and then sell the mindforce, but thats for you to decide.

Pirx Danford said:
Just a little hint:
post this again in trading->selling, there you can have a nice moderated thread, where offtopic bitching will be deleted.

IMO you could really make more money if you would try and find cheap force nexus and then sell the mindforce, but thats for you to decide.

Completely agree.

I think this collection of sweat, is a service. It's more practical for high MF users, or even average MF users. When I want to make ME, I'll either go out and buy 500 sweat at 1.4 or something, and get the nexus myself. But that's just me. Im sure If I was looking to make thousands of ME, I'd be quite happy to apy a lil bit over normal price to have the sweat all at once, rather than stand in PA or wherever and get it 16 bottles at a time.

What I also think is wrong, is how you judge his methods of getting the sweat. Im sure you don't inquire into whether or not the people who made you shoes are getting paid fairly or not for the work...

Pirx Danford said:
Just a little hint:

Thanks ill be doing that now :)

Note that this is a market economy.

People buy ME (eg at the auction). If supply is short, prices rise, so the manufacturer makes more profit. So this attracts new manufacturers and existing manufacturers probably want to make more.
Result: price of components (sweat and NF) rises.

Actually there is yet another thing at the equation:
ME is made of NF and sweat. It seems the limiting factor here is NF. This means that if there is an oversupply of sweat on the market, prices drop. In that case people will stop sweating and/or keep the sweat in storage, and eventually the balance between NF and sweat is restored.

Currently the prices seem to be roughly balanced, so the price is "correct".
(and yes: correct can mean too low if you are at the supply side).

This is all economy 101.

And yes. Personally I am not too keen of resellers, but apparently their customers are happy by the service that they offer (so they do not have to stand a long time at e.g. PA, to get their sweat). If the end customers would not be happy with this, they would buy the sweat directly (and frankly speaking I see very few non-resellers asking for sweat in PA).
Also some of the people are happy with them. I'm not too interested to stand at PA for hours to get .02 pec more for my 700 or so sweat.

What will make the sweat price rise:
- if other purposesto use it are found
- if FN becomes oversupplied.
- if people stop sweating (either less newcomers or less interest to sweat).

Dutchie

Last edited:
Back