Looting ESI (Empty Skill Implant)

Arm

Dominant
Society
Starfleet Command
I used to loot ESI from time to time but it is a long time I have not. Might be because of Loot 2.0 adjustments?

Those who have recently looted ESI and those who know more, could you share possible contributors? Does it depend on efficient kill? Any statistical information? Specific places/planets/mobs are better for looting ESI?

84% eff with amp and enhanced, i loot about 2 esi a month if grinding only mobs that can drop esi. Estimated cycle 200k. It comes in waves, i can loot 2 in a couple of days and then nothing for the rest of the month. I.e. you need to keep grinding mobs that can drop esi:s to have a good chance to catch the wave. Maybe my eff. playes a part.

Reactions: Arm
Shoot SK u will drop ESI well maybe not you but some random noob there.

Drop rate is definitely lower than in the past. Though I've looted 2 ESI 19-20 ped TT this month.

From my experience it seems the bigger (hp) or harder the mob it is the easier it is to drop ESI from it. Also it seems you must hunt same mob for days/weeks to get one.

I have not looted a single ESI for about a year and a half, I did loot a few before that.

Maybe someone is hoarding again, or MA decided to lower their droprate, or an unexpected consequence of loot 2.0.

Who knows, but they are way too rare now.

I have not looted a single ESI for about a year and a half, I did loot a few before that.

Maybe someone is hoarding again, or MA decided to lower their droprate, or an unexpected consequence of loot 2.0.

Who knows, but they are way too rare now.

"bUt iT dOeSnT wOrK lIkE tHaT" - the uber crowd

(it does)

Also it seems you must hunt same mob for days/weeks to get one.
Interesting theory. I spent a reasonable amount of time in 2020 discovering more fine detail about loots and was rather surprised to discover that irrespective of the waves we are used to, you also have to tune in to certain mobs for a period for very specific drops they have. One analogy would be sweeping away the sand that keeps blowing over before being able to get to the treasure in the more permanent sand....
and yes, it seemed to be personal sand in my poor avatar's eyes everytime I started on whatever mob each day! Crazy - or are we on to something here?

Last time i looted an ESI was on small spiders with L BC. Last big ones was on FFa 3 Spiders and Big Mulmuns. But i know Esi drop quite often on Big Calamusoids.

Got my last ESI on a small feffoid about a month ago with igni L1000 + amp so Eff doesnt seem to have much to do with it, just luck

Stina

Thanks, good info, more welcome. :)

Any information of what mob/gun has given big esi recently?

I can't even recall the last time I looted one, and if I did I"m sure it was a shared loot (large HP) mob like Old Fred. Someone got one from Mulmun Clan Leader Elite the other day. That's all my info sorry, like I said it's been ages - years since a solo drop.

Let's say by big i mean 100+ peds tt ESI
I heard several people get big ESI (100+) on big bulk, and there you also have chance on POTE TWEN and other TWEN items.

I heard several people get big ESI (100+) on big bulk, and there you also have chance on POTE TWEN and other TWEN items.

TWEN still running? Till when?

84% eff with amp and enhanced, i loot about 2 esi a month if grinding only mobs that can drop esi. Estimated cycle 200k. It comes in waves, i can loot 2 in a couple of days and then nothing for the rest of the month. I.e. you need to keep grinding mobs that can drop esi:s to have a good chance to catch the wave. Maybe my eff. playes a part.
Eff have nothing to do with looting ESI mate. It only increases your tt return.

Eff have nothing to do with looting ESI mate. It only increases your tt return.
Rather simplistically I'd say - wrong!!!
However, I don't know the details well enough of how you are wrong. Suffice it to say that your second sentence doesn't even combine well with your first one and that both higher and lower tt returns could have an effect on looting an ESI, depending on detailed knowledge of the factors involved!

However, I don't know the details well enough of how you are wrong. Suffice it to say that your second sentence doesn't even combine well with your first one and that both higher and lower tt returns could have an effect on looting an ESI, depending on detailed knowledge of the factors involved!
Well we have official statement saying that EFF is only about your tt return so yea, i think im right here.

Efficiency = tt return modifier. High DPP (e.g. good DPP gun + max crit and reload bonus from rings/items) will let you loot more stuff and less shrap. Looting an ESI or other wave-based items are dependent on one thing: Be there or be square, i.e. luck. Luck can be mitigated with non-stop shooting with macros and bots.

Efficiency = tt return modifier. High DPP (e.g. good DPP gun + max crit and reload bonus from rings/items) will let you loot more stuff and less shrap. Looting an ESI or other wave-based items are dependent on one thing: Be there or be square, i.e. luck. Luck can be mitigated with non-stop shooting with macros and bots.
not really i dont believe in luck

I believe there is a balance for esis. In past i felt this on my own by camping mobs that had lower esi drop rate. When i started looting i had like 6-7 esi in few hours. Later on i started doing SK waves and got 1250 1250 and 1000. After that for 2 years i didnt loot any 100+ esi's.
I have some friends who only hunts big stuff and never had full esi, my only explanation is they get small ones.

Another observation is the quantity of esi's. If lets say (all numbers are just an example) in a period you need to shoot 60k to generate 10 ped esi in another period is 90k. Thats how i feel it is "dynamic". MA only playing with the quantity we spend increasing and reducing from time to time, this makes the fluctuation of the price.

Last edited:
"non-stop shooting with macros and bots"

Could you elaborate please?

not really i dont believe in luck

I believe there is a balance for esis. In past i felt this on my own by camping mobs that had lower esi drop rate. When i started looting i had like 6-7 esi in few hours. Later on i started doing SK waves and got 1250 1250 and 1000. After that for 2 years i didnt loot any 100+ esi's.
I have some friends who only hunts big stuff and never had full esi, my only explanation is they get small ones.

Another observation is the quantity of esi's. If lets say (all numbers are just an example) in a period you need to shoot 60k to generate 10 ped esi in another period is 90k. Thats how i feel it is "dynamic". MA only playing with the quantity we spend increasing and reducing from time to time, this makes the fluctuation of the price.

"started doing SK waves and got 1250 1250 and 1000"

How much did you cycle for these three ESIs? Pre loot 2.0? Got those from the SK itself or the wave mobs?

"non-stop shooting with macros and bots"

Could you elaborate please?
Game is full of people using macro to hunt so they can pew pew 20+ h a day, specialy during mayhem. Its not allowed but MA dont rly care and do anything about it. Also you have mining bots (one is well known and doing it for LONG time but again MA dont care).

About your second question i know you asked Alina about it but before loot 2.0 i got full TT esi from zombie kong using like 10dps gun.

My last 50ped + esi was from korwil on Arkadia, besides that only few 10-15 ped one during 2022 and one 10 ped in 2023.

Empty Skill Implants are still looting on Mutation Station on Arkadia (One of our regular hunters, not me).

This was looted on May 25th 2023 on a Mutated Kamaldon

Entropia_2023-05-25_12.51.35.png

"started doing SK waves and got 1250 1250 and 1000"

How much did you cycle for these three ESIs? Pre loot 2.0? Got those from the SK itself or the wave mobs?

It doesnt matter. I already explained saying i cycle a lot on mobs with lower esi drop rate, once you do that it will stack.

If you want esis > shoot a shitload some of us have 30 to 70k peds cost per day :D

It doesnt matter. I already explained saying i cycle a lot on mobs with lower esi drop rate, once you do that it will stack.

If you want esis > shoot a shitload some of us have 30 to 70k peds cost per day :D
Please spend some of those on ammo on Mutation Station 😍

Back