MA Kim @ Twins + Good news for melee users and Powerfist preview!

my rainbow is ok ;)

and i am all for improving melee... anyway we can

So you are saying .. Somewhere Over the Rainbow?

Bones

Kim, plz introduce "ammo" for melee weapon to enhance its eco in hunting. Therefore, the new improvement can actually benefit the whole community.

Oh no please a very bad idea...

I like the way it is, the weapon decays and there is no ammo. That's the reason I am using melee....

No extra ammo from loots, no extra unexpected decay because of the looted ammo

easier to keep count on the EXACT amount of peds used a hunt, yeah I'm lazy.

Oh no please a very bad idea...

I like the way it is, the weapon decays and there is no ammo. That's the reason I am using melee....

No extra ammo from loots, no extra unexpected decay because of the looted ammo

easier to keep count on the EXACT amount of peds used a hunt, yeah I'm lazy.

That's what amplifiers are for mate. You use a full amp until it decays and you always use the same ammo.

45 new clubs & fists announced, so far we've had 3 fists drop from argo - c'mon Kim press the button.

Agreed, the Argonaut's Claw droprate is pathetic. Melee will never grow unless there is enough TT value of these claws dropped.

/Slupor

Agreed, the Argonaut's Claw droprate is pathetic. Melee will never grow unless there is enough TT value of these claws dropped.

/Slupor

Nothing's changed in 4 years. This has always been the case

Nothing's changed in 4 years. This has always been the case

Call me naive, I just hoped that together with the new introduction of these claws the underlying problem of the droprate would have been addressed as well. 10k dead big argonaut later I know better.

/Slupor

Call me naive, I just hoped that together with the new introduction of these claws the underlying problem of the droprate would have been addressed as well. 10k dead big argonaut later I know better.

Based on some recent posts from Kim about loot and items in loot I assume he will be asking the balancing team about this already (or at least when he has read this)

/Slupor

There is no problem with the system, it is just how it works. It does not need rebalancing as this will create a paradox (as detailed below). The problem is putting people into project management, mathematics, customer service and EU knowledge positions when they have zero skills in these areas, and then they expect the entire universe to revolve around them. You may vomit violently in anti-nepotic rage.

The very basic properties of the EU loot system has been outright ignored for the sake of ego, and this has caused a paradox in the availability of new melee items:
  1. i.e. if you add a lootable item, you need to take out something else for that new item to have a reasonable chance of looting
  2. the minimum TT of a weapon looted is 20%
  3. people only want to skill for affordable prices, hence a high TT item is required
  4. argonaut's are not going to give you sufficient loots
  5. large max TT items therefore have an exponentially decreasing chance of being looted
i.e. the only way you will ever increase the loot rate of a high TT item in a small hp mob is to significantly reduce the minimum %TT (which will render looting it useless, and therefore the items will be TT'd anyway instead of going to auction)
or
you fiddle with the loot system on that mob, thereby making it a gamble to hunt it - > it will be hunted less -> the loot rate will not change.

Since no incentive has ever been introudced to make melee more desirable than a normal weapon, we can assume the system, unless severely restructured, will never provide any advantage to melee skilling save for the few hp more I have for using it early thanks to Strength.

Solution: wait for all the suckers to sell their skills to you in ten years when there is enough skill for one person in game to use level 90 weapons :)

Lol life is so borring. Auction is full of lvl 90 powerfists and i cant unconstructive complain any more about it.

*do i need to wait next 10 years for newcomers to skill up ?

i.e. if you add a lootable item, you need to take out something else for that new item to have a reasonable chance of looting

They can take out the ammo, generic leather hides, FAP-5 and all the other TT-food items that I don't even bother to stash. Hell, I even would not mind to forfeit the Iron ores if I could get Claws at a reasonable rate.

/Slupor

They can take out the ammo

I suggested once earlier that ammo be removed from loot and replaced with stackables instead, so that more large loots could contain items rather than stackables... I have rarely gotten such a negative response to a thread :rolleyes:

However, loot takes up more and more of total loot... it is not uncommon for me now to return after a hunt to find that 30-50% of the total loot was in ammo :eyecrazy:

Argo loot pretty much got unbalanced when they made knight thigh guards (f) not drop any more. They should go back to the previous loot, except replace 90% of the thigh guards with argo claws, and make the rest be equal amounts of M and F Knight thigh guards (yes, knight should continue to loot).

Lol life is so borring. Auction is full of lvl 90 powerfists and i cant unconstructive complain any more about it.

*do i need to wait next 10 years for newcomers to skill up ?

Yeah i had the same happen with sword. Being one of a handful of people who could use Rainbow for the better part of two years, I got to use them for practically TT. But when more than 5-10 people want to use something that drops less in one week than can be used in a day, the things practically become invisible. Enjoy your unique status for the next 5-10 years :)

Yeah i had the same happen with sword. Being one of a handful of people who could use Rainbow for the better part of two years, I got to use them for practically TT. But when more than 5-10 people want to use something that drops less in one week than can be used in a day, the things practically become invisible. Enjoy your unique status for the next 5-10 years :)

True.
Also fully agree on your comments about to small incentive for using melee weapons.
Pvp between melle fighter against ranged pker is pointles - we cud just count how many meters melee figher will run to reach oponent with ranged weapon.
I supose melee fighter - as is now cant run in close combat range to fight - he is usualy dead a lot before.
Im not interested in pvp much but that apply as unblalanced to mob hunt too.
Hunter with ranged weapon have to tank half dead mob, melee hunter have to deal with mob with full hp.

My comment was about that promissed lvl 90 powerfist or BP do not drop at all and likned on too many objections and negative comments (in another thread) to Kim because few think that ppl are not enought skilled for that and it cud be dangerous for loot balance.
Even in case that nobody is skilled enought existence of high lvl melee cud serve as a goal to skill up.
Without of that kind of evidence about profession progress ppl can easy think that game end arround lvl 50.

My comment was about that promissed lvl 90 powerfist or BP do not drop at all

I guess only problem is : you want it fast and MA want it to release it slow or step by step to fix whatever is messed up this time :laugh:

@Kim: I assume that you and other developers have at least spoken about the possibility of some sort of "Melee Amp" at some point. What I am wondering is if any consensus was reached as a whole about why not to implement them at this point. I'm not looking at a concrete date on when they will be out and in my hands, but simply wish to know what your thoughts are on the idea and if there has been a discussion about them.

Melee amps are something that have been requested time and time again. After TT weapons melee weapons seem almost foolish to use due to extra armor decay accrued and the lower DPS (at the same profession level) than ranged weapons. Any thoughts?

Back