Question: Macbook Air users!

peewee

Dominant
Society
NBK Army
Lucy Minera Zalvatori
Hello!

Probably getting an Macbook air as a "travel-laptop", would be awsome if I at least with everything on low settings could log on and check the auc for example? Are there anyone here who's running entropia on a MacBook Air, with bootcamp and windows 7? Does it work? I've found some old threads about the macbook air + Entropia, but there are a new gen out now.

On my Imac im running entropia virtualized with Parallells, so Ill try that on the macbook air too but I think that you loose to much of the performace to make it possibe...

These are the specs:

Intel Core i7 1,8 GHz
4 GB SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 MHz
256 GB, Solid-state
Intel HD Graphics 3000

I though about the Macbook Pro's but I want a 13" screen and the 13" Macbook Pro uses the same graphic-chip. And the 15" model is too pricy... AND its like overkill since I have my 27" Imac that I do all my work at. This laptop is mainly for email, office, surfing...buuuut it would be awsome if it handled entropia (even if it will look like shit)

If it dosnt I might look around for another ultra portable pc with better graphic card. The macbook air is my prio one though sice I use MacOsX on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I runned entropia on weaker notebooks win win 7 and xp---> with low Graphics it will work good, not only for auction but for hunting,mining and crafting too :)

But thats only the hardware-side, cant say anything about driver issues and such (as I am a non-Macbook User but can highly recommended those as i own some Apple-Stocks :) )

Last edited:
well, as mentioned in the other thread, make sure you get dualchannel ram and also to update to the latest drivers, intel got with new ones huge improvements -in comparison with the first ones...

how big are the performance losses with bootcamp?

If you run bootcamp and win7 I would say zero, since you pretty much are running a PC then.
If you virtualize windows with for example Parallells, I would say you loose about 10-20% performance.

On my Imac im running Entropia on medium settings, virtualized with parallells.
My imac has an i7 cpu, 8gb ram and a 2gb Radeon card.

If I switch to the windows partition with bootcamp I can run it on high/almost very high.
8xa and so on (full resolution of 2560x1440)

Interesting indeed, though then I'm forced to use windows, and all my software are MaxOS atm :(

Last edited:
Asus UX31 > Macbook Air
I was going to say the same. I actually have one and it runs EU pretty well! Albeit low settings, but it's better than I expected. I recommend the Zenbook!

Back