Maintenance fees?

Magix

Alpha
Iirc, MA no longer collects any fees on land? Is this true? If not:

1. Which types of land areas still have to pay regular (like rent, not like taxes on sales) fees?
2. Is there a list of how much the fees are per month?
3. Does it vary based on where the property is?

Thanks in advance. :)

MA no longer collects any fees on shops/apartments/houses/castles. For apartments it used to be 10ped/month, cant remember the other prices(shops were more for sure, but also depended on the size of the shop). If you didnt pay, that property was inaccessible to anyone. If you are asking about land areas, they never had to pay any fees, but to keep a spawn of mobs of greater than minimum density and/or maturity you have to add fertiliser (a mining only LA wouldn't need to spend anything)

MA no longer collects any fees on shops/apartments/houses/castles. For apartments it used to be 10ped/month, cant remember the other prices(shops were more for sure, but also depended on the size of the shop). If you didnt pay, that property was inaccessible to anyone. If you are asking about land areas, they never had to pay any fees, but to keep a spawn of mobs of greater than minimum density and/or maturity you have to add fertiliser (a mining only LA wouldn't need to spend anything)
I thought MA did still give the option to planet partners, and Neverdie Studio owned planets were the only ones still collecting the monthly fees, but I can't verify that since I'm on Calypso and not a Neverdie Studio owned planet.

I thought MA did still give the option to planet partners, and Neverdie Studio owned planets were the only ones still collecting the monthly fees, but I can't verify that since I'm on Calypso and not a Neverdie Studio owned planet.

Yes, it is up to the planet partner if they want to collect fees for estates.... NDS used to do it, but I think they stopped (I am not really sure about this)

My bad, forgot it was a calypso thing, rather than an MA thing

Calypso / Marco decided to remove the fees, then Arkadia followed with their announcement that they also wouldn't have a fee (even though at the time they hadn't even launched).

NDS annouced they would be removing the fee as well in December 2011 on shops and apartments when they're fixed.

http://neverdienews.com/2011/12/07/december-7th-content-release/

Rent has been abolished
- The powers that be have decided that rent prices were too high! As a result, ROCKtropia estates are now free of any rental costs. This rent removal only applies to bars and shops at the moment because they are the only estates that are fully functional. When the apartments get fixed (Next VU), they will share in the same reduction.

Last edited:
Next Isle has fees. And their properties had been bugged for ages - just got fixed last week (but they made a mess of inventories missing, including shopkeepers!!).

Back