Suggestion: Make Helmets/Masks optionally visible.

Dmatrix

Stalker
Society
Crimson Devils
Perfect Dmatrix Bimbo
MA please consider making helmets/masks optionally visible. Many players would love to see their avatars' head or simply do not like certain armors and the way the helmet looks especially when the head is completely covered. For example I love my armor (Modified Viceroy) but I hate the way the helmet looks. This cant be very difficult and it could make a lot of people pretty happy.

Cheers!

Same option exist in SWTOR and i absolutely love that, would be really great to have it here.

Hmm I figured this would get more interest

I on the other hand like the Viceroy helmet...

I would say there are million other things I would change before this, so thats why there is no interest. (My subjective opinion).

I think they should also make it so you can wear horns with all helmets and masks. its not fair that you cant wear them with half the gear. Whats the point in grinding for them if they don't go with my outfit? (Im not just talking about monria horns im also talking about the recent mayhem horns. which is the main crux.) With just the monria horns it was only a single set, but now there are multiple different sets I cant wear with my armors.

Mod vice looks great. You can always buy the ethereal armor to see you booty shakin'

Mod vice looks great. You can always buy the ethereal armor to see you booty shakin'
I did suggest helmet/mask as being optionally visible but now we know where your head is 🤣

I on the other hand like the Viceroy helmet...

I would say there are million other things I would change before this, so thats why there is no interest. (My subjective opinion).
Hence why I suggested "optionally visible" that way everyone could be happy about their look. Maybe I should have worded it the other way if this causes confusion, maybe optionally invisible makes more sense. As in you can just choose in options to have your helmet show or not show.

Last edited:
MA please consider making helmets/masks optionally visible. Many players would love to see their avatars' head or simply do not like certain armors and the way the helmet looks especially when the head is completely covered. For example I love my armor (Modified Viceroy) but I hate the way the helmet looks. This cant be very difficult and it could make a lot of people pretty happy.

Cheers!
So, you want to be able to wear a helmet, but not to see the helmet?
:unsure:

Ok, I also want to be a able to shoot without seeing my gun while my avatar is doing the gangnam style dance.
And I want my gun to play xmas melodies instead of phew phew.

As Unufain already said, get ethereal armour. That has been created for the sole purpose you described.

Otherwise, if you wear a helmet, you wear a helmet.

And I want my gun to play xmas melodies instead of phew phew.

Yes, would be great to have an option for sounds to change the volume separately, like a slider for mob volume, weapon volume, surrounding volume, music volume, global volume, interface volume, etc etc all separately.
For example hunting Stalkerbots on cyrene is like hell, neverending annoying mob and surrounding sounds, have to mute the game when hunting there, but that also not the solution i would prefer, because i want to keep weapon, interface, global sounds.

Buy ethereal armor, sure, 5k playerbase for 1 set, all can buy it right?

Buy ethereal armor, sure, 5k playerbase for 1 set, all can buy it right?
Nobody wanted it when it was first being sold.

So I guess nobody cared then, so why should they care now?

Because it would be a free cosmetic option / setting for any armor / helmet like in other MMO's instead of an 5k USD purchase?
Really that hard to see the difference?

Because it would be a free cosmetic option / setting for any armor / helmet like in other MMO's instead of an 5k USD purchase?
Really that hard to see the difference?

So, you say that in other MMO's it's normal to wear a helmet without seeing the helmet? Bullshit :unsure:

Ok, then why limit it to helmets?

I pride myself in being properly dressed in entropia.
And I hate to wear ugly armors.

So, instead of just helmets, I want to be able to wear my armor without seeing it.

Ohhh, wait, such an armor already exists....

So, you say that in other MMO's it's normal to wear a helmet without seeing the helmet? Bullshit :unsure:

Ok, then why limit it to helmets?

I pride myself in being properly dressed in entropia.
And I hate to wear ugly armors.

So, instead of just helmets, I want to be able to wear my armor without seeing it.

Ohhh, wait, such an armor already exists....

Yes, in SWTOR, this helmet visible on / off setting exist, and also the one you wrote.

You can use any armors, while at the same time, there is an apperance tab where you can set any other looking armor to be visible as your outfit, or not visible any armor on You, see photo.

swtor-outfits-tabs-add-outfit-slot-character-panel.jpg

Same exist on Star Trek Online, for my main character i had like 30+ different saved outfits and changing them with 2 clicks while was wearing the same top end armor for years.

If this option is an 5k armor and makes the avatar looks ugly glowing red, peoples sure dont interested about it.
If its a setting in interface / option, or just a craftable consumable relative cheap stuff to change on it, like an armor plate that have this side effect to make the armor invisible, peoples will sure be interested for it.

Well, in that case, make the entire armor invisible then, and not just the helmet.

And my gun as well, because I hate weapons. I want my gun to look like a big flower shooting music notes.

(y)

Was exactly my point. Several other big games have this option. Just for the helmet. I think it would make a lot of people happy to have that option here as well

Well, in that case, make the entire armor invisible then, and not just the helmet.

And my gun as well, because I hate weapons. I want my gun to look like a big flower shooting music notes.

(y)

No, dont make this only or that only, lets give options to everybody to set based on his preferences.
As you can see, armors visible / not visible, partly or fully is an existing option in many MMO's.

It is not a shame to adopt good things from other MMO's.
Option like that would sure make some more demand on better clothes.
Or make more ethereal like armors that invisible with different protection rates, so cheaper versions would be more accesible to anybody.

Btw, i recommend you to try Warframe than, bad guns are there too, but you can use an amalgam mod which makes flowers growing from the wounds of the killed.

Cosmetics is top money maker in many games, EU has the lowest options in any aspect of avatar customisation in all the MMO's i have ever played.
I own expensive clothes in EU too, but i would welcome some more options to waste my money on them :)

(y)
We get it you are against it. No problem. However please do not derail my suggestion thread for a specific topic. If you want a flower weapon or whatever else please start another thread. Thanks

We get it you are against it. No problem. However please do not derail my suggestion thread for a specific topic. If you want a flower weapon or whatever else please start another thread. Thanks
Against it?
No way!

I just want to take it a step further than you do.

Like I said, I'm always properly dressed and each time I put of my armor I need to re-equip at least 5 pieces of clothing, paying decay each time I do that.
So, I wouldn't mind invisible armor at all. (y)

But I just don't think it will increase the reality of the game. But then again, nobody cares anyways as everybody is just mindlessly grinding. :cautious:

I actually would like if in unreal they seperate looks from armor like in SWTOR.
Then clothing and other apparel would be useful again and not everyone would look the same.

To those who don't know, it is a way where you can choose to show what you are wearing or show a second lay-out with other items (clothing)

they should also standardize item slots for armors. I'dd like to do the monria mission but the horns won't fit any armor I have or plan to buy in the future. Maybe we should make a useful unreal engine suggestion list. This feature in OP should be on it.

Felt the need to bump this.

Seems like we are getting increasingly more items (cyborg suit, elder got suit) as of late that are causing extreme eyesores due to clipping and graphical issues that exists between these items that take up the head slot and unusually shaped helmets.

Some look so bad that I want to take them off in public areas and we should not be taxed 2 pec to compensate for engine shortcomings.

Please.

Making just the helmet optional would be a great benefit to the hairdressing and face surgery and makeup and all beauty professions

Back