Suggestion: Make Loot Meaningful

- Change recycle blueprints to use Nanocube instead of explosives

I think this will just make EP4 gamblers to migrate to shrapnels.

I still have little hope that they are not only developing a schedule for UE5, but and some else good... but also with each passing day I think I am becoming like the optimistic people in topics from 2010.

I think this will just make EP4 gamblers to migrate to shrapnels.

I still have little hope that they are not only developing a schedule for UE5, but and some else good... but also with each passing day I think I am becoming like the optimistic people in topics from 2010.
Nanocube wouldn't be in TT anymore. Replace nanocube with explosives

I think the point being missed here is that there will never be enough material sinks in the game for the amount MA expects the top level hunters to grind.

So when you have rare components being ginded for on cyrene and NI or even on caly (incision, pristine, renegade comps, fangs scales, tier comps, bones, etc), it will create a glut in the other common materials.

So whatever 'filler' materials really is just TT food.

There will never be enough cycle in crafting to inhale all the hunting loot being generated, nor should there be. That would involve an entire re-vamp of the system and the tt returns in crafting. And then again, I still don't think the common 'filler' material mu will go up, since hunters can't afford to pay MU for every piece of their hunting. So you still have a problem.

MA has already tried to solve this by introducing gizmos and recycling.

So back to my original point. The system is designed to be heavily balanced towards most of hunting loot basically being TT food during non-mayhems, relying primarily on higher MU rarer components for MU. Just my two cents.

Don't want loot to be more "useful" but more "meaningful" :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

How can loot without a use ever be meaningful?
literally just make it more fun to loot stuff that isn't shrapnel by simply making it drop far far less? i'm not sure and i'm not a game dev. i just know that i'm apparently not the only one that is overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of garbage.

evey suggested we get rid of the stuff that doesn't have a use anymore, that would help, but there's still the plethora of oils, hids, components, and other PP shit that floods your inventory. spend 1 hour on next island and you can fill an entire material window lol

literally just make it more fun to loot stuff that isn't shrapnel by simply making it drop far far less? i'm not sure and i'm not a game dev. i just know that i'm apparently not the only one that is overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of garbage.

evey suggested we get rid of the stuff that doesn't have a use anymore, that would help, but there's still the plethora of oils, hids, components, and other PP shit that floods your inventory. spend 1 hour on next island and you can fill an entire material window lol

Or in other words. Adjust the game so only I can play it with my macro/bot while I sip my beer at the beach while leaving all other non bot players out of chance to loot something real.

This is what I mean when I say unL uber players are detached from reality. They just brute force every little piece of MU to the ground. And once they are done with it complain to MA they want changes... And they don´t give a flying fuck about the game or other players, just their selfish interests.

With your last 2 post I see now your true colors. go ahead and speed dial the guy in MA to make this change priority so I can leave once and for all, cause thats what I would do if I get one more % of shrapnel in my loot. Let alone shrapnel in mining.

You must think you are the only one who has a brain dude....

Just to be clear, I do totally agree with you and I understand where it is coming from.
At the moment I just can't be arsed to actually hunt anything just out of fear to die from sheer boredom.

But as I said before, reducing supply won't give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside. It will only make it even more boring.
The demand will have to be increased to make loot meaningful or useful or whatever term you want to use for it.

And let's be real, most of the demand is created by crafting.
So therein lies your problem.

Crafting has been killed by MA. That should be revived.
Or as mentioned before, have materials involved in repairing UL stuff.
Just think of ways to actually have use for materials instead of scrapping everything.

- Change explosive blueprints into Nanocubeb lueprints that use explosive projectiles, and add explosive projectiles to TT.
- Change recycle blueprints to use Nanocube instead of explosives
let me understand.. at the moment you go to TT and buy nano and craft EP... no impact on the economyu
later, you buy EP from TT ans use them to craft nano (that would be used for Armatrix craft i suppose)
so this CLEVER idea will help the 0.10% ppl that care to shot with rocket for PVP to get a 1 pec discount per kill
and increase of 0.5% the cost of armatrix weapons

i still miss where this would help economy in loot sinking... maybe its me :)

Or in other words. Adjust the game so only I can play it with my macro/bot while I sip my beer at the beach while leaving all other non bot players out of chance to loot something real.

This is what I mean when I say unL uber players are detached from reality. They just brute force every little piece of MU to the ground. And once they are done with it complain to MA they want changes... And they don´t give a flying fuck about the game or other players, just their selfish interests.

With your last 2 post I see now your true colors. go ahead and speed dial the guy in MA to make this change priority so I can leave once and for all, cause thats what I would do if I get one more % of shrapnel in my loot. Let alone shrapnel in mining.

You must think you are the only one who has a brain dude....

this is gonna be my 6th post regarding the same thing.

this is not about markup, markup output, profitability etc... this thread is merely a suggestion that loot could and should be made more FUN

if the devs want us to shoot for hours they could at least make it more exciting that shrapnel, animal oil, hides, and a L gun every 1000 kills. if shrapnel allocation goes from 85% to 95% the other 5% simply goes up in markup. the average net-output markup of players would be the exact same. 100tt of muscle oil at 101% is the same as 10 tt of muscle oil at 110%

if the devs want us to shoot for hours they could at least make it more exciting that shrapnel, animal oil, hides, and a L gun every 1000 kills. if shrapnel allocation goes from 85% to 95% the other 5% simply goes up in markup. the average net-output markup of players would be the exact same. 100tt of muscle oil at 101% is the same as 10 tt of muscle oil at 110%

But do you really think that magically the MU would go up from 101% to 110%?
I hardly doubt this.

What will happen in the example you gave is that hardcore grinders will only grind more, converting more shrapnel, and getting more oils because of the "juicy" 110% MU.
Therefor flooding the market again until the price drops to 101% again.

The demand is just to crappy. And for the most stuff there will still be no use.

Overhaul crafting. And/or Insert more actions that require materials to increase demand.

Would also like to see option for repairing melee weapons with UA or shrapnel so that melee users have same 101% benefit as UA burning weapons.

I'd say ma should be giving a reason for us to hunt high level mobs like 94 of the ath board mobs excluding shared loot stuff are on things like Youngs to provider. Spider stalkers barely global and almost no item drops but spider Youngs dropping perfected implants aug 91, etc. This is ass backwards. We are supposed to want to skill up to be able to kill bugger mobs to have a better chance at special loot but the breakdown ratio is wrong. You cN kill 5k small spiders and 5k chances at something good but this isn't scaled for higher maturity it shouldn't take 5k or more to have same chance when the mob is lv 140 vs a lv 62. The current model doesn't promote the benefit of hunting bigger IS better.

But do you really think that magically the MU would go up from 101% to 110%?
I hardly doubt this.

What will happen in the example you gave is that hardcore grinders will only grind more, converting more shrapnel, and getting more oils because of the "juicy" 110% MU.
Therefor flooding the market again until the price drops to 101% again.

The demand is just to crappy. And for the most stuff there will still be no use.

Overhaul crafting. And/or Insert more actions that require materials to increase demand.
if it goes to 101% again then who cares? you still get to convert shrapnel for 101% so it wouldn't matter. it would just establish a baseline of 101% output for mobs, just like we have now, only you don't have to deal with so much garbage and trying to sell it.

Random events from time to time that push for materials sinking.

Here is one:

CDF latest news: Robots launched an attack on all planets. EMP bombs disabled all repair terminals. CDF will need at least a week to repair the terminals. Player help is needed with materials at locations. CDF launched a series of cheapass L bps of L repair terminals as an emergency supply for players who need to repair their stuff.

There ya go. Playerbase needs to work collectivelly to achieve a goal. MA can make a economy stress test for cheap while clearing the economy a bit.

But its not in the playerbase hands these things...

Random events from time to time that push for materials sinking.

Here is one:

CDF latest news: Robots launched an attack on all planets. EMP bombs disabled all repair terminals. CDF will need at least a week to repair the terminals. Player help is needed with materials at locations. CDF launched a series of cheapass L bps of L repair terminals as an emergency supply for players who need to repair their stuff.

There ya go. Playerbase needs to work collectivelly to achieve a goal. MA can make a economy stress test for cheap while clearing the economy a bit.

But its not in the playerbase hands these things...

I'M NOT ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS TO ALTER THE ECONOMY IN ENTROPIA UNIVERSE.

for the millionth time this thread has NOTHING to do with this despite you and 6-7 other continually bringing it up.

Nothing of what you suggested makes the loot from killing stuff or from mining resources any more fun, interesting, or meaningful.

for the millionth time this thread has NOTHING to do with this despite you and 6-7 other continually bringing it up.

Nothing of what you suggested makes the loot from killing stuff or from mining resources any more fun, interesting, or meaningful.

Then you are playing dumb!!

Loot is the economy. Only if you have an economy you can make loot interesting/meaningfull. Let me use caps as well. YOU CANNOT DETACH ONE FROM THE OTHER!!!

I understand you are not asking for suggestions. You re just pushing for a change that is absolute dogshit!! And a change that only helps you and botters.

There is indeed loot that needs to go but its not oils. But don´t disguise that with the premise of this thread.

Siding with this is just another nail in the coffin of Entropia.

Then you are playing dumb!!

okay, ignored... you're just not getting it.

re-read the OP and if you have suggestions on what would make loot more interesting or meaningful feel free to share them with everyone.

Truth hurts....

It's a real challenge to make the loot system fun and interesting, not sure it can be done, but thanks for trying.

Last edited:
if it goes to 101% again then who cares? you still get to convert shrapnel for 101% so it wouldn't matter. it would just establish a baseline of 101% output for mobs, just like we have now, only you don't have to deal with so much garbage and trying to sell it.
uhmm...who cares?
Well, you obvisously since you started this thread saying loot was meaningless.

So again, how would this change anything for you?

PS, the garbage can is very simple and not very hard to deal with. It just gives you 100% instead of 101%.

nor does anything you suggested make the loot from killing stuff or from mining resources any more fun, interesting, or meaningful.

nor does anything you suggested make the loot from killing stuff or from mining resources any more fun, interesting, or meaningful.
I guess you like to loot worthless oils then

2) Reduce the drop frequency of all materials (oils, hides, wools, excl. tier and other components) by a minimum of 90%
OP, I happened to read your log you posted yesterday (I think), and now I spent an extra minute reading your suggestion. It seems to me that you want something that would benefit you and potentially other players in a similar situation. You want more shrap in your loot, your returns as stated in your log are above 99%, close to 100. Having 2 sober brain cells I can deduce that if you had more shrapnel to convert instead of other stuff you just TT, your returns would go above 100% TT as per your log, hence the reasoning behind this thread.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting what's best for yourself, every normal human being does that. Problem is, others don't want more shrapnel in their loot and think that it would be better for this game to focus more on the L (and other crafted items) economy to generate MU through demand. If the game was more friendly towards new/casual/average players who in part pay for withdrawals through their losses, if there were better L items that are appealing to them, then there would be more demand for basic resources.

A lot has been done for this game to be appealing to new/casual players lately, take NI and its dailies as an example, but is it enough? What would it take for EU to go mainstream in the current market? Don't know, but the botting issue certainly does not help.

OP, I happened to read your log you posted yesterday (I think), and now I spent an extra minute reading your suggestion. It seems to me that you want something that would benefit you and potentially other players in a similar situation. You want more shrap in your loot, your returns as stated in your log are above 99%, close to 100. Having 2 sober brain cells I can deduce that if you had more shrapnel to convert instead of other stuff you just TT, your returns would go above 100% TT as per your log, hence the reasoning behind this thread.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting what's best for yourself, every normal human being does that. Problem is, others don't want more shrapnel in their loot and think that it would be better for this game to focus more on the L (and other crafted items) economy to generate MU through demand. If the game was more friendly towards new/casual/average players who in part pay for withdrawals through their losses, if there were better L items that are appealing to them, then there would be more demand for basic resources.

A lot has been done for this game to be appealing to new/casual players lately, take NI and its dailies as an example, but is it enough? What would it take for EU to go mainstream in the current market? Don't know, but the botting issue certainly does not help.

99% on 100k cycled? you must be new here. my log overall is 97.6%.. the only self-interest here is making looting creatures more entertaining. it was a spur off of a discussion in the discord server and nothing more.

Not just that, but dasps and mayhem mobs are exclusively shrapnel. alongside osseo and couple of other creatures. not to mention levi and molochs which are just shrapnel and spleen, which is better than just shrapnel. this isn't about net outcomes of myself or others as any argument you could make to that can be countered by me simply just hunting a better mob lmfao.

for the ninth time this is about fun and interest in looting creatures such that it's not a bunch of mundane garbage on almost every single mob in the game.

use those two sober braincells to think critically before posting next time.

99% on 100k cycled? you must be new here. my log overall is 97.6%.. the only self-interest here is making looting creatures more entertaining. it was a spur off of a discussion in the discord server and nothing more.

Not just that, but dasps and mayhem mobs are exclusively shrapnel. alongside osseo and couple of other creatures. not to mention levi and molochs which are just shrapnel and spleen, which is better than just shrapnel. this isn't about net outcomes of myself or others as any argument you could make to that can be countered by me simply just hunting a better mob lmfao.

for the ninth time this is about fun and interest in looting creatures such that it's not a bunch of mundane garbage on almost every single mob in the game.

use those two sober braincells to think critically before posting next time.
Well I meant this where you state 99.57% TT with that fancy gun of yours. You had a little less before ofc, but I assume that you expect no less in the future with the same setup.

For me the most effective way to revive the interest of the loots would be 2 NPC Daily, one for buy and one for sell with interesting % according to the request of the crafters.
For example, the Daily Sale NPC could offer stacks of 100/500/1000/5000 per day max at an interesting price depending on what the Buy NPC would have recovered.
the purchase NPC could avoid wanting to TT stacks of oils/materials.
and added daily tokens for sellers

I can't believe all the negativity in this thread.

Y'all not super pumped to loot those rare 1ped drops of muscle oil, animal hide, wool and iron ore?

Last edited:
This only works if all weapons / finders in game are turned L or vastly less efficient.

And only crafted weapons / finders have decent return.

So that crafters who are screwed by this deal would have something to look forward to.

So, would you accept -50% modifier to efficiency for all UL weapons to make this happen. Or you would like to just unilatteraly screw crafters by making mats less common?

I.

All mobs have a loot table. If Mindark or PP wants more shrapnel in any given mob they only need to change what they are putting in the loot table or alternatively remove all items from the loot table so it defaults to shrapnel only. However be careful what you ask for. Best example of seeing this in real time I saw recently was over xmas on Toulan when they gave a small mission to complete to get the xmas items. You could tell that it was impacting the shrapnel returns massively depending on which mob was hunted. PPs DO have the ability to completely remove loot or most of it. Puny mobs on Calypso are one example. Started working on codex on puny again a little now and then and it's either muscle oil or shrapnel, occassional wave with weapons or other things.... In theory a PP could remove everything except shrapnel in a certain mob but I'm not sure Mindark will allow it.

This only works if all weapons / finders in game are turned L or vastly less efficient.

And only crafted weapons / finders have decent return.

So that crafters who are screwed by this deal would have something to look forward to.

So, would you accept -50% modifier to efficiency for all UL weapons to make this happen. Or you would like to just unilatteraly screw crafters by making mats less common?

I.
But of course, you'd end up destroying one of the few end game goals in this game (acquiring an UL weapon with good stats(.

Back