Suggestion: Make pills and shrapnel auctionable

Woudl you like to have all pills and shrapnel auctionable?

• Total voters

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
❌ All pills should be tradable (including skill pills, X, Y, Z, eggs and candy) and also they should be able to be placed in auction. There are players with thousands and tens of thousands of pills that they could never use nor sell.
We should also be able to sell and buy shrapnel form auction.

It makes sense that Universal Ammo is account bonded, but everything else should be tradable in auction.

Having all pills tradable and available in auction would encourage higher turnover and also box opening since people could make a decent amount of PED back from easily selling the looted pills to other players. Also, it would be good to address the tt from the pills - having the tt back upon consumption in the form of UA.

I believe these changes would be welcomed and would have a very positive impact.

Thoughts?

Later Edit: A good idea that came from the comments of this thread - making the pets also auctionable, please.

✅ Shrapnel is a material used in all 3 main professions and it would be much easier to have it available in auction; it would help the melee users a lot and also those who produce too much.

Last edited:
yes, it would only be logical.

It now just doesn't make sense that stuff can be sold, but not be put on auction.

ALL tradeble items should be able to be put on auction.

Good idea, its silly in an RCE to have stuff that is not auctionable or for the pills, sellable.
Granted you can refine the pills into UA to use them up, but that doesn't help those that don't have use for UA (non-hunters / crafters / melee users), etc

This would be very good for the small and medium hunters but also for the grinders. Please consider it!

I think everything should be auctionable:
- pets
- pills

and a seperate category (or colour) for items in shop, so that it can be searched, rather then getting dizzy from visiting 3 malls and others.

I think the stuff from the boxes with tt value that you can't convert into UA is their small cut for covering credit card/bank fees.

we could really use this, hunters, miners and crafters alike

nice Idea...also would like pets auctionable (with level and food bar also displayed pls)
x,y,z, Pills yea ...would love to sell mine in auc ( but i am also happy to beeing able to refine them to Ua or tt others)
maybe also doing Skill pills tradeable ? would like to buy some 100% ones ( the ones from token traders are wayyyy too expensive)
-> ah and can we have an on/Off Switch on skill pills please (i also wanna stay online after a hunt for quick selling stuff etc and then turn skill pill on later again when it goes for a second turn)
-> or a split function maybe as on L bp´s ( like splitting up a 100% 10 hour pill in 2 hour stacks etc)

nice Idea...also would like pets auctionable (with level and food bar also displayed pls)
x,y,z, Pills yea ...would love to sell mine in auc ( but i am also happy to beeing able to refine them to Ua or tt others)
maybe also doing Skill pills tradeable ? would like to buy some 100% ones ( the ones from token traders are wayyyy too expensive)
-> ah and can we have an on/Off Switch on skill pills please (i also wanna stay online after a hunt for quick selling stuff etc and then turn skill pill on later again when it goes for a second turn)
-> or a split function maybe as on L bp´s ( like splitting up a 100% 10 hour pill in 2 hour stacks etc)
I agree, pets too should be auctionable!

I agree with Evey.

You can convert your pills to uni ammo so you dont need to store them forever. Its your decision how you want to play.

You can convert your pills to uni ammo so you dont need to store them forever. Its your decision how you want to play.
Atm it's just benefitting the resellers and hurting everyone else so I can see your bias here.
Yes, there are things I can do abotu those pills, that's not the problem here, but I wish they were available from AH, from hunters mainly, not from resellers. resellers buy them too cheap from hunters and sell too expensive to other hunters.
Please change this, MA, for a better flow of the spices :)
resellers can still buy bulks and sell in AH so you won't be completely cut out, it's just that there will be a bit more freedom and some sales will pay AH fee instead of reseller fee....

All pills should be tradable (including skill pills, X, Y, Z, eggs and candy) and also they should be able to be placed in auction.

yep, they should be.
In Addition, i'd like to see some craftable ones :D

sounds like an issue for a small number of people cycling boxes to loot items.

i have no idea but how someone gets tens of thousands pills for normal play even high level play. Seems like something other than just buying boxes for the UA versus depositing for Ped.

i mean you get what 1 or 2 pills per box ( i could be wrong as i dont buy boxes) so assume 2 pills per box. 5,000 boxes time 50 ped = 250,000 ped (25K $) to get 10K pills let alone 10's of thousands. i guess its possible if you lose 2K a month but i dont buy that either.

they should be TT'able if not already that i agree with but auctionable for MU - nah

Naomi nailed it imo: pets, pills, etc should all be tradable and auctionable. Even with the tiny number of boxes I buy, I get a bit tired of all those pills taking up storage space. The need to trade, auction, convert pills to peds goes double for Neurostim-Y, to the point where I've renamed it Neurostim-Whyyy.

I agree. If its tradable it should be auctionable!

Side note. I hate having to deal with the pills reseller or any sort of reseller.
Its like my fruits and legumes it feels much better buying from the productor/harvester

Anything tradable should be auctionable like they did with boxes they should also make pills and shrapnels auctionable.

But not only, anything from strongboxes should be sellable and also auctionable. Yes, including skill pills, including X pills.

And everything means EVERYTHING including sweat and pets like in the old days, certain unlimited items from Cyrene, and everything not thought of at the moment. Few items are intentionally not tradable, but if they are, there is no logical reason to prescribe the ways they can be traded, or to prevent publicly visible market stats from developing. (If in the special case of sweat the thought was to prevent the price from hitting rock bottom, well that didn't work, was foreseeable it wouldn't, and it won't work for anything else, either.)

And everything means EVERYTHING including sweat and pets like in the old days, certain unlimited items from Cyrene, and everything not thought of at the moment. Few items are intentionally not tradable, but if they are, there is no logical reason to prescribe the ways they can be traded, or to prevent publicly visible market stats from developing. (If in the special case of sweat the thought was to prevent the price from hitting rock bottom, well that didn't work, was foreseeable it wouldn't, and it won't work for anything else, either.)
Agree with all of the above.
MA, please don't wait to make this happen in a very distant future when you plan on revamping the auction system. We can all (MA and players alike) benefit from this change much much sooner.

If you would be able to auction the shrapnel you would auto win 1% from that. If you choose to sell it at TT u loose 1%, if you convert in ammo they win because you have to spend the UA. So i guess they will never change this because either way is not in their advantage.

If you would be able to auction the shrapnel you would auto win 1% from that. If you choose to sell it at TT u loose 1%, if you convert in ammo they win because you have to spend the UA. So i guess they will never change this because either way is not in their advantage.
It doesn't matter to the company who converts the shrapnel, the original looter or someone else who bought it. The personal advantage to everyone will be reflected in the price finding process.

Sorry but you are re wrong on all aspects.

You don't auto-win, you pay a fee and there's the competition so it will have a market for around 100.3 - 100.6 %
If you converted what you looted you win 1% on all ammo in.
If you converted what you bought you still win.
If you looted and don't need it you can easily sell it and win a little back
MA wins on all cases too, increasing turnover, fees etc.

Everyone wins for a very little change..... except some resellers, which will still win but a bit less....

Make everything sellable i agree with that!

I'm also up for your suggestion :yay:

It will be even better if each stackable item goes only through the auction in order to have a bit gray and more balanced market.

It will be even better if each stackable item goes only through the auction in order to have a bit gray and more balanced market.
I wouldn’t hate this. But there are a couple concerns I have with this:
  1. Auction fees must be lowered if P2P trade is disabled for stackables.
  2. I kind of love the P2P market and even miss the old days of “trade hubs” like Twin Peaks.

Back