Make pvp fun again

deathception

Guardian
Bambideath deathception durka
so i noticed pvp in terms of decay is expensive due to the fact that you need like 1-3ped of shots to kill ppl assuming they dont heal or have high armor , if MA made pvp of any sort a 10% decay cost instead whether its lootable LG or just regular pvp , would people be more interested in participating? I understand items like the vaporizer would be OP or rockets in general since they do AOE they would still decay like normal for fairness of AOE

I think I suggested similar many moons ago. Something like make it a fraction of the cost in a dedicated zone or even free with a token entry charge. People could have a lot of fun say in those forts near the rig if they were not literally throwing money down the drain on something that could be had for free and better in your average game of Quake Live.

Lootable PVP would probably need to stay high stakes though.

index.php

Last edited:
Didn't it use to be like that e.g. at Fortress Invincible? 1/10 the cost to pvp iirc, or has it been changed/removed? How about land grabs? Well all these have to be organized with other willing pvpers, it's not for killing random players or miners or like space piracy. When you're out to loot other players you're chasing the return more than the kill but you have to put something in first. This is RCE.

If people want a game more like Fortnite or Overwatch, why don't they play these instead. Other games have pvp enabled everywhere but mixed cultures of battle and peaceful activities, and the gankers in them are hated like the pest but it's a legit and established playstyle. Everything you want is somewhere, for a price way less. Again, Entropia is RCE. Like in the real world, war is a big business except for those in the middle of it...

They should add a slider. 100% ammo cost = get 100% of the kills loot. But slide down to 10% ammo cost and you get 10% of their loot. Risk/reward.

Then again I barely see the point of PVP here even ignoring the fact its an incredibly clunky, buggy pvp system. Also nobody wants to be losing real money so they either stay out or only enter with no loot on them.
Imo, If u want pvp there's 1001 amazing games out there designed around it. There's so much to do in EU your really wasting your time if your spending it in PVP.

Buckshot

Go play PUBG or something similar if you like PvP so much, many of those games are free!

Just move pyrite back to lootable zones. Double decay in them, it doesn't matter 😂
Only lootable cannot satisfy current pyrite demand ,
If they change enhancer price will sky rocket result less people using enhancer less decay for MindArk which I don't think they want 🤣

On the other hand if I am mining in non lootable for pyrite if someone kills me I just tp back in no shooting nothing just keep mining as I don't have any incentive of doing PvP in non lootable

The case is different if they move pyrite to lootable I will have to defend using PvP gears as i am risking my loot.

so i noticed pvp in terms of decay is expensive due to the fact that you need like 1-3ped of shots to kill ppl assuming they dont heal or have high armor , if MA made pvp of any sort a 10% decay cost instead whether its lootable LG or just regular pvp , would people be more interested in participating? I understand items like the vaporizer would be OP or rockets in general since they do AOE they would still decay like normal for fairness of AOE
This is why the HUB was created on Cyrene, people just don't see any incentive to go and do it, thats when they introduced rewards.

Reactions: San
What if they made a pvp event, and the winner got a non tradeable - massively high decay - weapon, so it doesnt last long, but a ridiculously high powered thing

Rgds
Ace

just how there's pubg and Fortnite, theres also some nice free to play Open world games as well for free, telling me not risking your money in pvp is not worth it is like telling me if you go hunt mobs for tt loss isn't worth it either,, and yet 90% do it Some ppl spend money on UL gear that depreciates, pvp in fact is cheap in comparison investment on gear wise , the reason the hub failed is simply to no incentive to pvp, , caly is the most active planet , im not saying add pyrite, but what if they add lets say a unique mob like the husklings or build on it , and make it drop unique loot to craft high decay, high eff gear , i understand most ppl cant pvp due to lack of incentive but will go out to hunt and mine and lose ped and then complain about it afterwards

There is actually more than The Hub on Cyrene now geared towards pvp. Recently developed mission chains contain pvp stages, and the end reward of one massive mission is a high-level gun aimed at pvp use. Check out Cyrene forum and the VU notes.

Back