Marking area's

Nijo

Mature
Every where I go there are probes and mines all over the place, Is this people marking areas they found deposits and if so with everyone marking areas how do you know which was yours, And then I don't need to mark areas cause someone already marked good spots for me lol. Do these disappear after awhile or will the continent be littered with them. I just thing at a cost of 1 ped each, I mine too big of areas and different places to remember where I scattered them all. Recently tryed the ocean swim til it said no server avaible for this area which is about a 1 and half hour swim and then worked my way back, man that was a 200 ped loss in a hurry lol

Nijo said:
Every where I go there are probes and mines all over the place, Is this people marking areas they found deposits and if so with everyone marking areas how do you know which was yours, And then I don't need to mark areas cause someone already marked good spots for me lol. Do these disappear after awhile or will the continent be littered with them. I just thing at a cost of 1 ped each, I mine too big of areas and different places to remember where I scattered them all. Recently tryed the ocean swim til it said no server avaible for this area which is about a 1 and half hour swim and then worked my way back, man that was a 200 ped loss in a hurry lol

Generally i think its just the lag monster attacking. I have accidentaly dropped more than one mine many times.. Switching weps on accident hitting mine then switching back, etc.

Cool thing is, if you email support to put mines back in your inv they will! Not sure if everyone knows that. If you log into the PE website and click my inventory look through and see if you have mines and probes in "World". That means, most likely, you accidentaly dropped a mine somewhere along the line. I usually wait till i have about 10 mining stuff out there and email them.

At any rate, the reason you are seeing more is because you USED to be able to pick up others probes/mines. Now you cant. So those probes/mines you see are most likely there on accident... now the ones scattered all over the towns.. thats just people being silly.

Yeah, i have never had any luck in the oceans... rivers, another thing...

Suicide

There are normally enmatters around water from my experience.... Well I seldom find minerals anyway, so that may be just my poor luck.

I have mined close to the shore in the ocean and found something... and also in rivers...

If you know where and how to look, you can find plenty of deposits in the ocean.
But swimming to the end of the world and back looking for ores/enmatter is not a good idea...

Darkaner said:
If you know where and how to look, you can find plenty of deposits in the ocean.
But swimming to the end of the world and back looking for ores/enmatter is not a good idea...

hmmm... that's interesting... and since nobody ever mines out there, if you found something, the spawns would all be pretty huge, I'd imagine...

:eek:

I've done some mining in the ocean and found some good stuff. Kanerium, Erdorium and Dunkle. Mostly Melchi, Alicenies and Lyst though. Don't go out too far. MA prolly figures "Who the heck is gonna swim out into the middle of nowhere?". While the correct answer would be a Entropian looking for a mining HOF, you prolly won't find much out there.

You were right I logged in and checked my items and lone behold 1 bomb in the World don't know when or were that happened but I will wait till I get more and then ask to have them back if I can thanks. Im going to give the ocean another try tonight but think I'll do a huge enmatter run as they are cheaper and see what I find

About the bombs/probes in towns; me and my friend have sometimes found something while being silly. :) I also saw 2 claim rods in PA a while ago.

Eluqqa said:
About the bombs/probes in towns; me and my friend have sometimes found something while being silly. :) I also saw 2 claim rods in PA a while ago.

My biggest mining find was in the middle of a town :)

I was also told once by support they get lots of complaints about claims under turrets.

Location of mining sites is irrelevent, it all depends on how you mine, not necessarly where you mine. If MA's system worked by populating areas with minerals, the minerals would dry up quite quickly because of all the miners. Mining resources are in my opinion infinite and are generated on the fly by PE same as mobs.

R4tt3xx said:
Location of mining sites is irrelevent, it all depends on how you mine, not necessarly where you mine. If MA's system worked by populating areas with minerals, the minerals would dry up quite quickly because of all the miners. Mining resources are in my opinion infinite and are generated on the fly by PE same as mobs.
It could be true that mining resources are infinite, I don't know. But knowing where to look is still important. Some areas don't have any ores at all, just as some areas don't have any mobs. And just as there's a lot of mobs in one place and few mobs in another, there are places with more or less ores in the ground. I'm pretty sure of that.

darkaner, mining resources CANT be infinite.

for one thing, that would mean hits essentially everywhere across the globe, and a multiplication of ath-type hofs of the likes weve never seen.

for another... its all pool-based, remember? its a real cash economy. MA cant stick its head out like that.

Cade said:
darkaner, mining resources CANT be infinite.

for one thing, that would mean hits essentially everywhere across the globe, and a multiplication of ath-type hofs of the likes weve never seen.

for another... its all pool-based, remember? its a real cash economy. MA cant stick its head out like that.

you can devide those (virtualo numbers taken here) 50 ATh into a gazillion small deposits tho...would make them kinda more infinite, in a certain way. but actually it just lasts longer before the resources are gone ofcourse, but it seems infinite (am i repeating myself?)

Pretender said:
you can devide those (virtualo numbers taken here) 50 ATh into a gazillion small deposits tho...would make them kinda more infinite, in a certain way. but actually it just lasts longer before the resources are gone ofcourse, but it seems infinite (am i repeating myself?)

I presume what your saying is....

Mining resources will never dry up.
Meaning that one day in the future there will not come a time where Lyst is impossible to find because its all mined out?

Or all the oil in the world has been used up, so we have to start wars in the name of eliminating terrorism in countries that conveiently are floating on a big pool of oil?

Redoaks said:
I presume what your saying is....

Mining resources will never dry up.
Meaning that one day in the future there will not come a time where Lyst is impossible to find because its all mined out?

Or all the oil in the world has been used up, so we have to start wars in the name of eliminating terrorism in countries that conveiently are floating on a big pool of oil?

this is a game, lets keep it apart from the real world. as long as there is a serverpark for project entropia and its beeing developed it is impossible to let recources dry up as it would be the same as removing all animals for the hunters. it would make atleast two professions absolete, (miner and crafter) adn MindArk can not allow that to happen as everyone would quit the game. so what i am basically saying is: recources may be found in smaller groups, but will always be in Project Entropia as long as MindArk allows it

Pretender said:
this is a game, lets keep it apart from the real world. as long as there is a serverpark for project entropia and its beeing developed it is impossible to let recources dry up as it would be the same as removing all animals for the hunters. it would make atleast two professions absolete, (miner and crafter) adn MindArk can not allow that to happen as everyone would quit the game. so what i am basically saying is: recources may be found in smaller groups, but will always be in Project Entropia as long as MindArk allows it

Yeah thats pretty much what I said.
The only time I can see a resource disappearing should be when its obsolete and no longer used. However I gather from some other threads resources have already disappeared making some items uncraftable?

Redoaks said:
Yeah thats pretty much what I said.
The only time I can see a resource disappearing should be when its obsolete and no longer used. However I gather from some other threads resources have already disappeared making some items uncraftable?

the rumor(sp?) that ruga disappeared?

the day that came up (or a few days after) i believe it was dreicc who got an 199 ped hof on it

No idea what it was...
I just remember a post about ghost armour now being uncraftable because of an ore that was no longer minable.

I have seen a number of all tiem hofs with the creatures/resource as *unknown*

So I gather those have disappeared :)

Redoaks said:
No idea what it was...
I just remember a post about ghost armour now being uncraftable because of an ore that was no longer minable.

I have seen a number of all tiem hofs with the creatures/resource as *unknown*

So I gather those have disappeared :)

na, cant be. f.ex. daredevils ath hunting is unknown now, but araneatrox stalkers are still here....(right?)

Pretender said:
na, cant be. f.ex. daredevils ath hunting is unknown now, but araneatrox stalkers are still here....(right?)

No idea, they are too tough in there youngest form for me to do anything but run away screaming from...

Redoaks said:
No idea, they are too tough in there youngest form for me to do anything but run away screaming from...

talk to starman, angel and folks about them, young does aprox 190 orso on shadow i think

Darkaner said:
if vehicles are ever introduced, the ability to float out on a boat and drop probes may become possible.

Back