Maybe Space isn't so bad after all???

sawachika

Old Alpha
I'm just a normal low peds in card player / sweater who had been playing EU since '08 and had never set foot on any other planets at all due to the lootable space thingy...and fear of other planets having no populations.

But on a sheer occasion, Zunami's birthday, I steeled myself and hitched a free warp ride to Arkadia (which was then unknown territory to me). All I could base myself on was the "activity level" on the Ark Forums and tales told by other fellow sweaters who visited Ark and came back...

So, I hauled myself and the 30+ peds I had in my ped card and then charged into the unknown, brave new world.

Anyway, it was around end August when I went there and now that I hitched another ride back to Caly just yesterday (October)...I had this sort of feeling...when i saw again the familiar PA tower from top down...like I just went on an adventure and came back...

I've seen new places, new monsters, met new people and learnt about new stuff which would have never been possible if I had stayed on Caly.

So....my motive for this post is.....maybe space isn't that bad after all?

As long as you know how to deal with the pirates, it's not that bad at all. ;) I've explored all 5 planets and I can tell you that the "lootable nature" of space shouldn't be enough of a deterant to keep someone from exploring the unknown. :cool:

Anyway, it was around end August when I went there and now that I hitched another ride back to Caly just yesterday (October)...I had this sort of feeling...when i saw again the familiar PA tower from top down...like I just went on an adventure and came back...

I've seen new places, new monsters, met new people and learnt about new stuff which would have never been possible if I had stayed on Caly.

So....my motive for this post is.....maybe space isn't that bad after all?

That's the positive thing with having the space a bit dangerous and time consuming, traveling between planets makes it feel like an adventure, especially for players that normally don't go between the planets. If we still had the instant planet to planet teleporters, the feeling of going to different planets and world would be less exciting.

And the risk of being looted in pvp space is more a risk for traders, a normal player usually don't need to bring a along a big stack of lootable stacks of items.

Yea...its because space is made this way that I got that kind of feeling. I highly doubt that abstaining from visiting a certain place on caly for a month or two would evoke this kind of emotion. :D

Back